Rumor Wonders of Life getting an attraction soon?

RSoxNo1

Doctor Strange like Antman is now churning out sequels. I wonder if the chances of the IP becoming a greenlit project for WoL or an attraction elsewhere are much greater now that it has proven itself capable of being a bankable franchise. Of all the Marvel IPs; DS seems to be the most malleable IP. The character and storyline can fit any number of ride types and locales. If not WoL Pavillion maybe he'll pop up somewhere else.
"Churning out sequels..."

Bairstow

Churning, indeed.

If the MCU was an hour long drama series with 22 episodes/year with commercials, it would be halfway through it's third season.

The MCU is up to 43 hours. Game of Thrones is up to 63 hours.

There are 371 hours of Pokemon episodes (not counting commercials).
Just think- over 2 weeks of little Japanese monsters screaming their names at each other.

I was going to suggest that Game of Thrones do that for an entire episode, but come to think of it they already did.

8a6b974a6883f8f8c65a714365795187.jpg

Last edited:

Robbiem

I have this gut feeling and my $ is on WDI turning this pavillion into some sort of theatre-show. Even though Id prefer a ride.

I say there are facts, MINIMAL FACTS, available now to support this.

First, if they are adding a ride, you'd think they wouldn't be fixing the roof just yet, at least not painting and stuff, because of possible expansion needs.
Second, and most importantly, the WoL showroom is arguably better set up for a theatre than it was ever for anything else they had in it. Even the dome shape of the ceiling is good for acoustics, not to mention circus-style seating that can pack the house.
Third, the BODY WARS area isn't terribly large. Unless they returned to the same exact simulator-style ride, or a short dark ride, there isn't much you can use this space for. It is however, ideal for a backstage elaborate housing area. Though I suppose one could argue that they could expand THOSE buildings, there isn't that much space left on the maps with the E-Ticket Guardians opening.
Which brings me my fourth point. Many of you have stated that GoTG is going to draw crowds and they will need something to do with them. Well, an easy remodel using the old Body Wars-wing as a backstage aream would make for a great Circus-like show that would eat those crowds for 40 min at a time.
Fifth, we should also note that there is already a small GoTG show, ill-fitting across the World Showcase, which would be easy to expand upon and ideal to open next to GoTG at UoE. Although I'd expect whatever show they'd add there to be bigger and hope it was something else... The idea being that whatever they add would be elaborate and be retained in that building for some time.
Sixth, they recently cancelled the MK Theater to "use those funds elsewhere." Im not sure I remember hearing exactly where they would be used, but given all the design elements of the WoL pavilion, its an easy, much cheaper, remodel to turn this building into a theatre show.
Which brings me to my last point- This is the one type of entertainment absent in Epcot now. You have movies, and Am. Adventure and the Am Gardens Theatre, but there is no real wow-factor stage show. When you couple that with the need to spread crowds evenly through a park with new attractions across the lake, and the fact that the building is so ideally set up for a show, it becomes a no brainer to reuse WoL as a theater.

I think this is a really interesting idea. A really big theatre show in the round would be a really interesting addition to the park so long as the theme of the show is right. Something along the lines of a cirque show would be great

Timothy_Q

Since someone mentioned Ant-Man, can we get rid of the Pixar short film festival and turn it into an Ant-Man 3D show? It'd be a re-do of the Honey I Shrunk the Audience show but updated and with a Marvel tie-in.
If I were to guess, I'd say Disney has no plans to ever make a new 3D show

threvester

Doctor Strange like Antman is now churning out sequels. I wonder if the chances of the IP becoming a greenlit project for WoL or an attraction elsewhere are much greater now that it has proven itself capable of being a bankable franchise. Of all the Marvel IPs; DS seems to be the most malleable IP. The character and storyline can fit any number of ride types and locales. If not WoL Pavillion maybe he'll pop up somewhere else.
Since someone mentioned Ant-Man, can we get rid of the Pixar short film festival and turn it into an Ant-Man 3D show? It'd be a re-do of the Honey I Shrunk the Audience show but updated and with a Marvel tie-in.
Ant-man is an original Avenger.They cannot use him at WDW. Magicart was talking about Strange only

Last edited:

Bocabear

I didnt even really mention the cost effectiveness. In comparison to a new ride system, a theatre system is a much more economical idea.
Oh Good! When I visit WDW and spend crazy amounts of money to do so, I want to make sure that Disney has tooled their offerings to be economically conservative....Especially when I am paying the highest price for everything that the market can bear....
and while we are at it, why have attractions at all....they could do shows and meet and greets with shopping and dining and get a much better ROI. Ugh.... don't give them ideas....

HoraceHorizons

Oh Good! When I visit WDW and spend crazy amounts of money to do so, I want to make sure that Disney has tooled their offerings to be economically conservative....Especially when I am paying the highest price for everything that the market can bear....
and while we are at it, why have attractions at all....they could do shows and meet and greets with shopping and dining and get a much better ROI. Ugh.... don't give them ideas....

Honestly, I feel like every single show Ive seen at WDW is kinda bad with the exception of Cirque... I'm not even against shows, per se. But people rave about things like Festival Of The Lion King and I thought it was really bad. Finding Nemo could have been worthwhile if it was 20 min shorter...
However, I would be interested in seeing acrobatic robots so long as there's no audience participation. Wait. Maybe I would want to see children interact with the... Robobats. Uh... Acrobots? Let's go with Acrobots. Oooo! Can there be a Robo-Freak Sideshow as well? Like a Bearded La-bot and a Half RoboMan-Half Chicken? A Siamese Twinbot? How about Robo-Sword Swallower? Am I right? Awesome. Take my money.
WDI, answer my emails. This guy's got all the good ideas.

Last edited:

ppete1975

You can only buy what someone is willing to sell.:angelic:
I can see it happening some day.. if universal decides they would rather use the marvel space for something else (although keeping Disney from building and the glut of new land they now own make this less likely) or if they trade rights to something else.. (no idea what that might be)

Goofyernmost

The corollary to that statement is that everything is always for sale... for the right price. :)
Sure, but the right price for them may be just over the edge for Disney. I don't see it happening unless something huge is given up by Disney other then money. The one thing that Comcast is more concerned about then the few bucks the might gain from selling back the rights is making sure that they make it a mess for Disney. I can see them sitting in the board room snickering about the head lock they have Iger in. I'm sure that is worth a lot more then whatever dollars they can get from them. As someone said though, if Marvel starts to lose popularity, they might consider selling, but, then why would Disney want it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom