Rumor Wonders of Life getting an attraction soon?

seascape

Just because Disney can try and get more doesn’t mean Universal has to go along with those demands. Universal is free to walk away from that deal and that deal alone. That’s all dependent on the contract not defining how renewal is to be handled (but of course you have repeatedly advocated for Disney to violate the terms of its agreements). You’re even more basic premise is also flawed, because Universal Orlando Resort will always have attractions that cannot be cloned simply due to its size.
Please provide proof that I ever said Disney should violate the contract. I have said Disney shoould take Universal to arbitration and court if needed to defend their rights. Specifically I recently suggested Disney take Universal to arbitration over Black Panther to force Universal to properly promote BP or lose the rights to BP. That is something they have the right to do and for all BP fans should encourage them to do.

As for Universal and Marvel in Florida, I have said it is up to Universal to decide, but they have no rights outside of Orlando because Universal blew it years ago. They made the mistake not Disney and have to live with it. Marvel Lands are being built all over the world and even at WDW. The rights Universal has are not worth what some people here think they are because they are not all Marvel's characters. So Universal can keep the things the way they are or negotiate a fair deal with Disney. Disney wins in either case but theme park fans lose because the Spiderman ride should be added to other Universal parks.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Please provide proof that I ever said Disney should violate the contract. I have said Disney shoould take Universal to arbitration and court if needed to defend their rights. Specifically I recently suggested Disney take Universal to arbitration over Black Panther to force Universal to properly promote BP or lose the rights to BP. That is something they have the right to do and for all BP fans should encourage them to do.

There is nothing in contract that even remotely suggests Disney would have grounds for that.

seascape

There is nothing in contract that even remotely suggests Disney would have grounds for that.
Actually the contract does call for the first rate display of the characters and the clause was used to force the upgrade of Spiderman. It also talks about incidental use not being sufficient. Disney can take Universal to arbitration and let the arbiter decide if Universal has to show Black Panther in a first rate attraction or not. It is their legal right and in my opinion moral obligation to the African American community to require Black Panther to be shown in Orlando by Universal or to let Disney have the rights to Black Panther back so they can build the attraction. Please tell me where I am wrong in this because there is a question over how Universal is displaying Black Panther who has just proven to be the number 1 comic book movie in total North American box office. Further if anyone is interested it is leading Jurassic World after 26 days 565,732,833 to 560,692,000. Not bad for a first movie.

lazyboy97o

Actually the contract does call for the first rate display of the characters and the clause was used to force the upgrade of Spiderman. It also talks about incidental use not being sufficient. Disney can take Universal to arbitration and let the arbiter decide if Universal has to show Black Panther in a first rate attraction or not. It is their legal right and in my opinion moral obligation to the African American community to require Black Panther to be shown in Orlando by Universal or to let Disney have the rights to Black Panther back so they can build the attraction. Please tell me where I am wrong in this because there is a question over how Universal is displaying Black Panther who has just proven to be the number 1 comic book movie in total North American box office. Further if anyone is interested it is leading Jurassic World after 26 days 565,732,833 to 560,692,000. Not bad for a first movie.
There is no requirement to use every member of a family. Plain and simple, but props for trying to use the race card.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Actually the contract does call for the first rate display of the characters and the clause was used to force the upgrade of Spiderman."

No it doesn't. It says "Each THE MARVEL UNIVERSE shall be operated and maintained in a first class manner consistent with the highest standards of the theme parkindustry "

It also talks about incidental use not being sufficient.

Again, no, it says that they have exclusivity to a character if the character or any other in it's family is "more than an incidental element of an attraction"

Disney can take Universal to arbitration and let the arbiter decide if Universal has to show Black Panther in a first rate attraction or not.

Sure, Disney can, but since there is no requirement for this in the contract so they won't get far.

It is their legal right and in my opinion moral obligation to the African American community to require Black Panther to be shown in Orlando by Universal or to let Disney have the rights to Black Panther back so they can build the attraction. Please tell me where I am wrong in this because there is a question over how Universal is displaying Black Panther who has just proven to be the number 1 comic book movie in total North American box office. Further if anyone is interested it is leading Jurassic World after 26 days 565,732,833 to 560,692,000. Not bad for a first movie.

I think the African American Community is concerned about bigger issues then which theme parks Black Panther can appear in. If Disney could use this tactic to get characters back I am pretty sure they would have gone after at least Iron Man and Thor by this point.

KrazyKat

I might have missed this but in the picture a couple weeks ago of Bob Chapek and Imagineers walking around EPCOT, was Tom Fitzgerald there? Is he still the lead Imagineer at EPCOT?

Goofyernmost

I might have missed this but in the picture a couple weeks ago of Bob Chapek and Imagineers walking around EPCOT, was Tom Fitzgerald there? Is he still the lead Imagineer at EPCOT?
I think he left the company completely, but, then again I don't care enough to know for sure. I think I read that though!

EDIT: I have since been informed that Fitz is still with Disney and I was confusing him with Tom Staggs. Sorry for the mis-information.

Last edited:

cjkeating

I think he left the company completely, but, then again I don't care enough to know for sure. I think I read that though!

He is due to be at the Disneyland Paris Fandaze in June at an Imagineering panel... I guess we will find out then if he is still with the company.

Could Tom who is/was the lead on DLP have been moved there permanently to head up the WDSP expansion? He does speak French which helps.

trainplane3

They were hyping the Epcot overhaul at D23 by referencing Horizons and saying that Tom F aka Sub Boy was heading it. Hopefully he's one of the (seemingly) few that realize Epcot should be fleshed out and not turned into some IP dumping ground.

Last edited:

Rodan75

To this point, I am surprised that Universal isn't actually doing more with their rights. They should be promoting Black Panther and Avengers Infinity War like crazy to spike their attendance. (I know IoA is doing great, but it could do better)

IanDLBZF

To this point, I am surprised that Universal isn't actually doing more with their rights. They should be promoting Black Panther and Avengers Infinity War like crazy to spike their attendance. (I know IoA is doing great, but it could do better)
But they can't due to the restrictions regarding Marvel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom