Rumor Wonders of Life getting an attraction soon?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Could they sell it as the land being bigger than the characters a la Avatar?

So, the IP is the setting? But then, what rides would be in it without referring to BP characters?

Maybe they can just keep refurbing Harambe replacing broken-down stucco with high-tech Afrofuturistisms? ;)

EOD K9

Funny another poster mentioned Tony Stark. IIRC Stark held an Expo in a refurbed NY Pavilion from the NY World's Fair in 1964-65. And was not Epcot/Epcot Center based on a standing World's Fair?

seascape

Disney paid $4.2 billion, but that not really relevant to what it would cost to buy out the contract. I would think Universal would want at least enough money to completely re-theme the Marvel area, money to cover lost revenue while that happens, and a stiff percentage above all that.
This whole thing is crazy because Disney will never pay to get the theme park rights to Marvel. They dont need them especially because they can use so many other Marvel Characters in Orlando and they can use the Marvel name everywhere except North America and all Marvel Characters anywhere except Orlando. It is actually Universal who someday will just give them up. It will be many years from now but if you look at the themepark industry and worldwide developments, the future of parks is to split the ride development cost over many parks. The problem Universal has with their future upgrades to their Marvel rides is that they can only be in Orlando and no other Universal Park in the world while Disney will have Marvel rides and attractionss in Paris. Tokyo, Shanghai, California and even some in Orlando based on other characters. Further if Comcast really wants Sky and is really willing to outbid Disney/Fox, they will have to agree to give up the rights for nothing and pay the full amount for the 39% of Sky Disney will own. Neither of which will happen because Disney will own Sky.

RSoxNo1

Except SWL is not having any of those as they don't fit the theme of Batuu.
What about Pandora without characters from the movie, or Splash Mountain without Uncle Remus.

My suggestion was merely that in all likelihood they could build Wakanda and use all of the characters except Black Panther without issue. In terms of a fit into Epcot, Wakanda is a much better fit as a concept than Black Panther himself is.

HauntedMansionFLA

What about Pandora without characters from the movie, or Splash Mountain without Uncle Remus.

My suggestion was merely that in all likelihood they could build Wakanda and use all of the characters except Black Panther without issue. In terms of a fit into Epcot, Wakanda is a much better fit as a concept than Black Panther himself is.
Uncle Remus and another character is missing. You make very good points about Wakanda.

Bob Harlem

This whole thing is crazy because Disney will never pay to get the theme park rights to Marvel. They dont need them especially because they can use so many other Marvel Characters in Orlando and they can use the Marvel name everywhere except North America and all Marvel Characters anywhere except Orlando. It is actually Universal who someday will just give them up. It will be many years from now but if you look at the themepark industry and worldwide developments, the future of parks is to split the ride development cost over many parks. The problem Universal has with their future upgrades to their Marvel rides is that they can only be in Orlando and no other Universal Park in the world while Disney will have Marvel rides and attractionss in Paris. Tokyo, Shanghai, California and even some in Orlando based on other characters. Further if Comcast really wants Sky and is really willing to outbid Disney/Fox, they will have to agree to give up the rights for nothing and pay the full amount for the 39% of Sky Disney will own. Neither of which will happen because Disney will own Sky.

AFAIK They can't do any in Japan either, Universal Studios Japan has the Spiderman ride.

JJJ

(Spoilers for Black Panther below)

Though I'm not sure if the architecture and general look of the Wonders of Life pavilion would fit the concept, theming it to one of the outreach centers/the science and technology exchange that T'Challa and Shuri set up at the end of the movie would be a pretty great fit for future world in Epcot. It'd essentially be CommuniCore but Wakanda.

seascape

AFAIK They can't do any in Japan either, Universal Studios Japan has the Spiderman ride.
Not for too much longer. Universal's contract runs out in the 2020s. Then you will see them all leave Universal for Disney unless Universal can make a new deal with Disney and that will not happen without a new single contract for just Spiderman being at all Universal Parks and Disney getting the rights to use Marvel name and all characters in Orlando.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not for too much longer. Universal's contract runs out in the 2020s. Then you will see them all leave Universal for Disney unless Universal can make a new deal with Disney and that will not happen without a new single contract for just Spiderman being at all Universal Parks and Disney getting the rights to use Marvel name and all characters in Orlando.
Which contract is that?

seascape

Which contract is that?
The contract for Marvel Characters in Japan ends in about 10 years. If Universal wants to keep them, they need to go to Disney. Now if everyone here who says how valuable the rights are to have Marvel Characters are in Orlando they would have to have the same beliefs for Japan. A deal should be worked out that is benfitial to both companies but I don't think it will happen. But if I were able to implament a plan it would be only Disney can use the Marvel name, but Universal would get worldwide rights to Hulk and Spiderman. To bad it will never happen.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The contract for Marvel Characters in Japan ends in about 10 years. If Universal wants to keep them, they need to go to Disney. Now if everyone here who says how valuable the rights are to have Marvel Characters are in Orlando they would have to have the same beliefs for Japan. A deal should be worked out that is benfitial to both companies but I don't think it will happen. But if I were able to implament a plan it would be only Disney can use the Marvel name, but Universal would get worldwide rights to Hulk and Spiderman. To bad it will never happen.
Just checking. In case someone thought you meant Orlando.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom