Rumor Wonders of Life getting an attraction soon?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I never got to see EPCOT in its glory since I wasn't born until the 90's, but for me, every time I go, the size, scope, and structure of the original pavilions and SSE still wow me. The fact that a group of people were that talented to think up those awesome buildings in their unique shapes and configurations makes me long for the Disney of that time even though I never experienced it. Wodners of Life and Imagination are prime examples.

Photos of Horizons make me really sad I never got to ride it (that I can remember - although I do remember the original iteration of the Seas for some reason). I also remember Body Wars over in Wonders of Life.

Off topic, @marni1971 can you comment on the below picture - it's something I found through googling EPCOT 1982. Is this an accurate model of how the park was once imagined to be?

View attachment 260649

Early concept art...but not far off...

P_Radden

That was EPCOT Center circa 1978. Clockwise from the bottom you have SSE, Energy, Land and Mineral, Transportation, FutureProbe, The Seas and Century 3 (which shouldn’t have existed on the same model as Futureprobe - often these pavilions were swapped in and out of the model almost daily)
So weren't "Future Probe" and "Century 3" both prior versions of Horizions? Hints why both should not be on the model at the same time?

jpeden

In the Parks
No
That was EPCOT Center circa 1978. Clockwise from the bottom you have SSE, Energy, Land and Mineral, Transportation, FutureProbe, The Seas and Century 3 (which shouldn’t have existed on the same model as Futureprobe - often these pavilions were swapped in and out of the model almost daily)

What is the big round thing directly across from SSE? Unless I'm counting wrong, there were six things you mentioned but seven structures on the model.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
The round building above SSE on the model?

The American Adventure.

The highlighted image is the American Adventure?
EPCOT edit.jpg

Haymarket2008

There was one proposal around two years ago to demo and build another pavilion. One IP was indeed Guardians. Looks like this Is less likely now such is the speed proposals get changed and cut for this park.

This is a slightly off topic question, but has there been any Future World proposals that recently were taken off the table that you can allude to and/or shed light on? Anything optimistic in (insert proposal)’s removal?

AJDMB05

Got very excited last week when I saw people walking into WoL, to the point that I ran ahead and left my fiance in the dust, only to see the rope still up and the group of people flanked by employees with flashing red batons. The following day, I too saw the roof workers and.. I'm not sure why that was exciting to me exactly.

Is there any reason they chose to revive the Odyssey space for Festival of the Arts and not just use WoL? FW East is practically a ghost town now other than Test Track, with Space drawing minimal crowds even on busy days, WoL and UoE down, and a tiny sliver of Innoventions still open.

Disone

Online I saw a photo of construction workers "replacing" the roof and some of the triangle's it seem's odd just to be for festivals. Articles say that Disneys possibly planning something, Why else would they completely replace the roof and triangle's and not just Powerwash it?
My guess..... More likely Disney just going maintenance fixing roofs damaged from the hurricane. Minor roof work has been happening on many structures across property Including Resorts and other theme parks.

peter11435

My guess..... More likely Disney just going maintenance fixing roofs damaged from the hurricane. Minor roof work has been happening on many structures across property Including Resorts and other theme parks.
The work on the WOL has been slowly ongoing since before the hurricane.

Most of the roof work happening across property is related to fall protection standards not repairs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom