Rumor Wonders of Life getting an attraction soon?

Princess Leia

Here is Black Panther in Islands of Adventure. He is not available for Disney to use unless there is something worked out between Disney and Universal.

DWlggXUUQAAFnHd.jpg
It really says something about shifting character popularities when the Fantastic 4 characters are incredibly prominently featured (I’m guessing that the flames behind Doom belong to Johnny?)

Also- is that Black Bolt?? I didn’t know Universal had the rights for Inhumans

SteamboatJoe

It really says something about shifting character popularities when the Fantastic 4 characters are incredibly prominently featured (I’m guessing that the flames behind Doom belong to Johnny?)

Yes, it appears to be Black Bolt as well as the other primary Inhuman characters. I didn't realize they were popular enough to be included.

doctornick

That is indeed Black Bolt and the Inhumans. However, their inclusion on a poster in IoA doesn't indicate that Universal has their theme park rights or that WDW couldn't use them. The poster would be a classic example of "incidental use".

Unless the Inhumans would be considered part of the Fantastic Four "family" (would be a gray area), they could potentially be a possibility for WDW.

Princess Leia

Not to drag the contract discussion out, but if Disney could use T’Challa, he would probably be taking the place of Star Lord and Groot in DHS.

However- if there’s talk of Doctor Strange going into WoL (where he does not belong), that kind of makes me wonder if they could have a Wakanda attraction of some sort that has no references to T’Challa (or Storm, but she’s not in the MCU movies yet).

Princess Leia

That is indeed Black Bolt and the Inhumans. However, their inclusion on a poster in IoA doesn't indicate that Universal has their theme park rights or that WDW couldn't use them. The poster would be a classic example of "incidental use".

Unless the Inhumans would be considered part of the Fantastic Four "family" (would be a gray area), they could potentially be a possibility for WDW.
After the way Disney treated them with the tv show, I highly doubt they’re going to be used in the parks lol

doctornick

However- if there’s talk of Doctor Strange going into WoL (where he does not belong), that kind of makes me wonder if they could have a Wakanda attraction of some sort that has no references to T’Challa (or Storm, but she’s not in the MCU movies yet).

I think whether Wakanda could be used without Black Panther in WDW is an interesting academic debate. It wouldn't happen though, so it's kind of pointless. But you actually could make an interesting Afrofuturist attraction -- might even be appropriate for Epcot -- using that as a concept.

After the way Disney treated them with the tv show, I highly doubt they’re going to be used in the parks lol

True that. The Inhumans TV show was awful.

Princess Leia

I think whether Wakanda could be used without Black Panther in WDW is an interesting academic debate. It wouldn't happen though, so it's kind of pointless. But you actually could make an interesting Afrofuturist attraction -- might even be appropriate for Epcot -- using that as a concept.

True that. The Inhumans TV show was awful.
The issue with Marvel in Epcot is that it doesn’t belong. DHS, yes; Epcot, no. But more is going to come along whether we like it or not, and if it’s done properly and to the theme of Epcot, then sure, it can happen. But Guardians took the place of an educational ride about Energy, and I would hate for Strange to get forced into a pavilion that was created for learning about the human body.

Now, on the flip side, ‘Wakandans’ teaching us about how a society comes together despite their differences (using Merchant tribe, Mining tribe, River tribe, etc.) to create a tapestry of technological culture would be something I would want to sit and watch. But in a Wakandan Embassy in a third Disneyland park or DHS, not Epcot.

BrianLo

The only thing I could ever imagine Universal hammering out a deal for is to solidify their ability to use the movie cinematic universe likenesses in their parks.

It's during arguments like this though that it is worth pointing out all the other billion dollar adjusted franchises that Disney does have the rights that they are not utilizing to begin with.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
If Disney was willing to sell, then Universal could buy, but Marvel is probably worth much more to Universal then the Simpsons are.
Maybe not Simpsons but maybe something else like SKY? Disney wants to acquire 21st century Fox which owns bulk of Sky (pay TV and broadband service in UK), which Comcast Universal has just bid to Fox on buying SKY for 30 Billion... Fox is most likely selling to Disney, but what if SKY was negotiated to Comcast Universal for the Marvel park rights? How much did Disney pay for Marvel?

RSoxNo1

It has always bugged me that a negotiation has never been considered possible by people discussing which characters can be used by Disney. If there's a trade/agreement to be made regarding Marvel rights, it makes sense to do that.

I see you are a red sox fan. I am a die hard Yanks fan, and while a trade between these two bitter rivals would be unlikely, it's certainly an option. That's a lot like this situation between disney and uni.
Can we trade Stephen Drew to Comcast?

RSoxNo1

It would be ironic, though, since the seem hell bent not to properly use the Marvel IP that actually could fit in Epcot well (Big Hero 6).

It would be difficult to come up with an IP as poor a fit for Epcot as Dr. Strange, so I would hope that he doesn't find his way there. As much as I actually enjoy the character.

As an aside to the comic book conversation, I always wonder if SHIELD would be usable by WDW. I think you could make an interesting attraction out of being a SHIELD agent or at least an interactive game in that vein.
If Big Hero 6 "fits" Epcot, why doesn't the Stark Expo or an alternative showcase of advanced technology? I mean Wakanda has made advancements in medicine, transportation and agriculture. I hate to say it, but that sounds like EPCOT Center to me. If you ask me if it feels like this fits, I don't think any Marvel property belongs in the park.

RSoxNo1

The only thing I could ever imagine Universal hammering out a deal for is to solidify their ability to use the movie cinematic universe likenesses in their parks.

It's during arguments like this though that it is worth pointing out all the other billion dollar adjusted franchises that Disney does have the rights that they are not utilizing to begin with.
Hypothetically, could they build Wakanda and use every character in the movie except Black Panther? I would think they could.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Maybe not Simpsons but maybe something else like SKY? Disney wants to acquire 21st century Fox which owns bulk of Sky (pay TV and broadband service in UK), which Comcast Universal has just bid to Fox on buying SKY for 30 Billion... Fox is most likely selling to Disney, but what if SKY was negotiated to Comcast Universal for the Marvel park rights? How much did Disney pay for Marvel?

Disney paid $4.2 billion, but that not really relevant to what it would cost to buy out the contract. I would think Universal would want at least enough money to completely re-theme the Marvel area, money to cover lost revenue while that happens, and a stiff percentage above all that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom