Wonders of Life "Cranium Command" Sign Removed. . .

General Grizz

Original Poster
If you haven't noticed at the parks, the CRANIUM COMMAND/General Knowledge/"Also Inside. . ." side at the right-side entrance to the pavilion has been removed.

It appears that lights are on inside much of the day, with the SENSORY FUNHOUSE sign revolving. . .

But! The pavilion hasn't been open since May, and it was closed during FOURTH OF JULY HOLIDAY. I mean, I just don't get it. Cranium Command is a guest favorite, and even in April - twice when I went - it had wonderful attendance. Yet on one of the most crowded WDW days, it's closed with the power potentially still on?

Can you say. . . Convention space? That's just a thought.

Anyway. . . if you're a WOL fan or have never seen it before, here is an encore performance of the Tribute Video: Wonders of Life Tribute Video -click here to launch

FigmentJedi

I'm sad... because I never got to see Cranium Command last time, as the main show wasn't working when we went to see it. Grizz, do you have a full show video of Cranium Command? The montage in the Tribute Video wasn't enough for me.

General Grizz

Original Poster
Tahu said:
I'm sad... because I never got to see Cranium Command last time, as the main show wasn't working when we went to see it. Grizz, do you have a full show video of Cranium Command? The montage in the Tribute Video wasn't enough for me.
Yeah, but if WoL opens this winter when the Land goes down, I will mass record this thing and compile a master video if I can. :(

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Wow, that's just sad. While my memories of the WoL pavillion are not vivid, I do remember being very entertained. It seems like once some manager's mind is made up about closing an attraction, no matter what the attendence is like, it's done. :mad:

Check #disney-central as a potential place to get a full video of the attraction and/or pavillion.

As I just popped in there to check, it's on a new server - irc.irchighway.net. And even that looks like it could be temporary.

stingrock23

This is so sad. Cranium Command was a great little show and it's a shame that it will probably be no more. That just makes me more mad that Wonders of Life was closed the last time I was there. It looks like another classic will soon be lost. It's just a shame.

fjm777

General Grizz,

Where did you get that music? I wish I had a copy of that last song, the one when the credits were running.

And by the way...

Great job on the video.

SewIn2Disney

Noooo....Cranium Command has always been a personal favorite of my family and I.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

BTW, the "peacefulness" of the attraction was caught extremly well by your video. Amazing work! :sohappy:

General Grizz

Original Poster
fjm777 said:
General Grizz,

Where did you get that music? I wish I had a copy of that last song, the one when the credits were running.

And by the way...

Great job on the video.
PM me your AIM address if you have one. If not - www.aim.com - and we'll chat :)

Maerj

That's sad if they are getting rid of Cranium Command. It was a cool attraction... an update would have been nice. Body Wars needed a major update or replacement for sure, but I would have kept CC. I'm glad that my fiance and I got to see it before the closed the pavillion.

On a side note... I got a message from WDW on my answering machine today saying that someone would be getting in touch with me about a letter I sent. I wrote to Guest Relations and Eisner about keeping the Carousel of Progress open year round. (As I mentioned over in the 'Grizz will roar' thread.) I don't know how much good it will do, but if they keep getting letters about it, it might help. Power to the people!

Testtrack321

They remove a sign because the ride isn't open often, so what? Get over it. I'm getting sick and tired of all the whinning here. I love timekeeper, but I don't whine when they take down that sign.

General Grizz

Original Poster
Testtrack321 said:
They remove a sign because the ride isn't open often, so what? Get over it. I'm getting sick and tired of all the whinning here. I love timekeeper, but I don't whine when they take down that sign.
The sign signifies a potential permanent closure. Yet, there are no great PLANS for WoL in the future. See: Image Works at Journey into Imagination.

One of the most annoying points lies in the fact that the pavilion is still running during peak seasons and it's blocked off.

Also - - no one complained about the sign. I simply pointed it out. :wave:

Lauriebar

When we visited EPCOT last December I took a picture of my husband in front of the CC sign. CC is one of his favorites at WDW so I thought it would be a nice pic, now I am glad that I did. It's a shame to lose another classic, I only hope that it doesn't just sit idle and rot away.

PhilosophyMagic

General Grizz, what do you think about Mission: Space anyway? Do you enjoy it?

By the way, what's your real name?!? What if General Grizz is really Roy Disney! Or Walt! :rolleyes:

General Grizz

Original Poster
PhilosophyMagic said:
General Grizz, what do you think about Mission: Space anyway? Do you enjoy it?

By the way, what's your real name?!? What if General Grizz is really Roy Disney! Or Walt! :rolleyes:
Mission Space is an innovative attraction at Epcot. . . but it's by no means "the best" or a favorite of mine. It's a sensational ride but "more sensational than sensitive."

I rode it twice in 2003, once this year, but I honestly think I like Test Track more. Neither are really "must-sees," though. EXCELLENT rides for what they are, and I mean EXCELLENT, but not worthy of the whole "pavilion;" see MSU's recent post in the Mission Space thread in General Discussion. :)

I might appreciate it if they added a nice "spacey!" queue, a Disney post-show (for families, no McDonalds playplaces!!!!!!), and a more Disneyesque theme song. Nice ride, but I'll spend my time anyday over at Ellen's Energy Adventure, though.

Anyways. . .

DizneeFanatic

WOW! That was a great film!. Its is really sad that such a great attraction is being cut back, like every other area of Disney. Thanks again Grizz for a great film and I hope Eisner can come to his senses

Mom's the word

Another "non-thrill" attraction lost to oblivion. What is the philosophy with just closing things up and waiting, sometimes for absolute ages, to do anything with the valuable real estate they sit on? Hopefully WOL isn't going the way of 20,000 Leagues over in MK. I'll miss CC, from the hilarious preshow on we always had a good laugh there. :( By the way General Grizz, loved the video, thanks for the memories.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom