Wondering....

bailey5697

Original Poster
For those of you that are Disney fanatics, how do the people in your lives that ARE NOT fanatics deal with you? LOL
I have always loves Disney, but with this upcoming trip -something in me has triggered. I feel the need to tell everyone I know and meet that I am leaving for Disney in 36.5 days. At the dinner table I will just come out and say "I'm going to DisneyWorld" to get a rise out of my daughter and make my dh smile.
I tell everyone. People that love me and aren't going are probably wishing my darn trip was over so I could stop saying it.
Honestly I don't think it will stop though. I will need another trip planned to be happy. :drevil:

WDWJunkie

Banned
They usually just roll their eyes and laugh because they know where I'd rather go than anywhere else for vacation: Disney World. I'm not a Disney fanatic, per say, just a Disney World fanatic. I used to wear out the bindings on our Disney travel guides a few years back from reading them so much.

Zippa D Doodah

[ I'm not a Disney fanatic, per say, just a Disney World fanatic. I used to wear out the bindings on our Disney travel guides a few years back from reading them so much. [/B][/QUOTE]

That sounds like me. I'm not really a Disney fanatic either, but I would rather vacation at WDW than anywhere else on earth. A fun way for me to spend a couple of hours is to sit in a big comfy cahir at Barnes and Noble, reading WDW travel books and sipping Starbucks coffee.:slurp: Gee, maybe I'm not the ONLY one.:D

Zippa

imagineersrock

lol i think pretty much everyone on these forums can relate... thats what i like about coming here; no one in my family in my family even gives a _____ about disney; so when i come downstairs with my latest disney news (that i most likley heard here) they just pretend to listen/care until i've got it out of my system... -my family thinks i'm such a nutcase... ohwell at least they're happy i found a place where theres other people just like me!!:D

Nansafan

I started a thread about a month back relating a story about a receptionist at my opthamologists office. She describes this feeling we have as such. "Some people are sprinkled with Pixie Dust and some aren't." Those of us regularly on these forums are and those we have to explain why we're going to WDW again aren't. It's just that simple.

Mission: SPACE

My stepdad says I need psychiatric help... HE'S A PSYCHIATRIST... I wanna know why he can't help me!?!

Most other people just play along... act like they listen but they really don't care...

My mom laughs at me because I tell her I'm goin to UCF so I can work at WDW... then once I'm out of school and have my degree in engineering, I'll transfer to the Imagineering dept.

PS... Just noticed that this is my 100th post...

100 Posts of Magic... LoL :p

Nintendo18

Everyone in my family is a Disney fanatic, however when i tell people that i know, they say its cool, but when I tell one of my close friends, they say, "Your going again???" I even got from one of my closest friends, You have an unhealthy obsession. However he is going on vacation with my family in 25 days, so well see what he says after that.

bailey5697

Original Poster
Originally posted by Nansafan
I started a thread about a month back relating a story about a receptionist at my opthamologists office. She describes this feeling we have as such. "Some people are sprinkled with Pixie Dust and some aren't." Those of us regularly on these forums are and those we have to explain why we're going to WDW again aren't. It's just that simple.

I remember and quote that post quite often! I love it! :sohappy: :sohappy:

bailey5697

Original Poster
Originally posted by Katherine
My Brother just thinks it's funny when I rack off all this information on WDW!:lol:

LOL Catherine, my MIL is traveling with us. She is having a rough time at her job right now. Lots of Corporate changes etc. Anyway, each day I call her with a DisneyWorld tidbit. I'm honestly running out! I have told her things that I mostly read here, urban myths etc. She loves it and it gets her smiling.

BTW, does anyone have a tidbit for today, tomorrow, the next day? LOL :lookaroun

Brett

Nobody truly understands until they've been to the Walt Disney World Resort. I've introduced a couple of my friends to the wonders of Disney World and everyone of them begs me to take them back. As a college student, it's sometimes hard to convince your friends to go to Disney World instead of a wild tropical location (which are also incredibly fun). But once they experience it, nothing is better.

DCL

I am constantly tormented by all my friends because I have been to Disney World atleast 10 times more than any of them.

I obsess over Disney World, and they can't stand it! They just make fun of me all the time... but they do respect my Disney knowledge.

But this is why I'm so glad i came upon this site, because this is exactly what I need to express my love of Disney!!!

bailey5697

Original Poster
Originally posted by Brett
Nobody truly understands until they've been to the Walt Disney World Resort. .

I agree with you. A few people I work with were chatting about it the other day saying how much *Cheaper* it is to stay off property. I got my foot in and explained the old saying "You get what you pay for" is definitely true in this case. It is a package deal for myself and my family! :D

All our DS friends say is, oh, you are going to disney world again. My oldest DS says, yes, my mom is a disney world freak. Gee, I guess its o.k. for him to call me that. My aunt just went and I gave her all my info etc. She said, you should work for disney, you know so much :lol: I don't tell my DS but now they are getting old enough and we have let them go to the contemporary alone on the monorail and to the MK from the Polynesian. I feel its safe enough that they also can feel independent enough and we don't have to worry about their safety etc. It helps when you have 2 teen agers and a pre teen who want independence etc. This time we are bringing the walkie talkies though. They have a watch, time limit etc. After her vacation my aunt put all the ornaments she brought at WDW and used that for her xmas theme. Where else but the happiest place on earth...

jaimjaim25

ALL of my friends make fun of me for loving Disney World so much.. (im 26) but GOD! who cares how old you are!! I will love it FOREVER!!

SirNim

Originally posted by bailey5697
I will need another trip planned to be happy. :drevil:
We are long-lost Twins.

I feel the same way.

I seem to only be happy when I know for a definite that I will be going to WDW sometime in the future.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom