News Wonderful World of Animation nighttime show coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Kman101

It's a nice homage. I'm not sure what to think about it though. Meh? I'll see it in person and see how I feel then. It just feels a bit lacking in 'oomph'. Disney Movie Magic is better, honestly. For a clip fest at least keep my interest ... (I like the beginning and The Incredibles segment)

FigmentForver96

It's a nice homage. I'm not sure what to think about it though. Meh? I'll see it in person and see how I feel then. It just feels a bit lacking in 'oomph'. Disney Movie Magic is better, honestly. For a clip fest at least keep my interest ... (I like the beginning and The Incredibles segment)
They certainly put a lot of work to make it for the theater and I’m crazy or does the images look very sharp. I was impressed with the editing. It was missing a soundtrack..like that impactful soundtrack nighttime shows have...hmm.

hpyhnt 1000

This show does little for me. The technology is cool, but my interest in watching a bunch of Disney movie clips projected onto a facade is pretty low by now. Doesn't help that so many of these films are already featured in HEA and OUAT and the soundtrack is surprisingly forgettable (though I do appreciate the inclusion of the Coco, Hercules, and Emperor's New Groove sections).

Can't help but feel Imagineers are getting all caught up in the technology and forgetting what makes for a good show. We get it, the tech is neat, but there's only so many times you can keep rearranging the same movie clips into a nighttime montage. It's not really that clever (or interesting) anymore.

TTA94

Well, DHS didn’t borrow PTN for their 30th but at least the new show features a little bit of the theme song lol 😂

jrhwdw

Well, DHS didn’t borrow PTN for their 30th but at least the new show features a little bit of the theme song lol 😂
I thought that too!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!

I still believe that for replacing Movie Magic which had no pryo, and being the show that is before SWAGS, it's pretty good! More pyro than I was expecting, I was expecting a shot or two at the end like Jungle Book. Might have more pyro than OUAT!

Kman101

They certainly put a lot of work to make it for the theater and I’m crazy or does the images look very sharp. I was impressed with the editing. It was missing a soundtrack..like that impactful soundtrack nighttime shows have...hmm.

It WAS missing a soundtrack (that's part of what makes it lack for me). The images do look very sharp. Hopefully I can see it tonight and we'll see how clear it looks but even on video it seems improved.

Just needs a bit more "oomph", if that makes sense? lol

Kman101

This show does little for me. The technology is cool, but my interest in watching a bunch of Disney movie clips projected onto a facade is pretty low by now. Doesn't help that so many of these films are already featured in HEA and OUAT and the soundtrack is surprisingly forgettable (though I do appreciate the inclusion of the Coco, Hercules, and Emperor's New Groove sections).

Can't help but feel Imagineers are getting all caught up in the technology and forgetting what makes for a good show. We get it, the tech is neat, but there's only so many times you can keep rearranging the same movie clips into a nighttime montage. It's not really that clever (or interesting) anymore.

Agreed on the tech part. 100% agreed. I think they're getting too caught up in all the technical aspects and missing what equals an interesting and compelling spectacle. They've done better with projection shows (heck I think Disney Movie Magic was better!) ... it's just a clip fest without the razzle dazzle of true fireworks and an impressive soundtrack. It's definitely lacking. I really wanted to like this. (Maybe my opinion will change when I see it in person ....)

aladdin2007

Agreed on the tech part. 100% agreed. I think they're getting too caught up in all the technical aspects and missing what equals an interesting and compelling spectacle. They've done better with projection shows (heck I think Disney Movie Magic was better!) ... it's just a clip fest without the razzle dazzle of true fireworks and an impressive soundtrack. It's definitely lacking. I really wanted to like this. (Maybe my opinion will change when I see it in person ....)

and moving......they are just slapping clips together anymore, I fear the new epcot show after forever.

ar81

Apologize in advance for my question. I watched the video on YouTube and there were comments that this was a preshow? Is that accurate? Is there another movie based fw show that will follow? And do we still have the Star Wars fw show? That was pretty impressive the last time we were there in 2017...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom