Woman Tried To Bring Loaded Gun, Knife Into Disney's Magic Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

duck_daddy

one unsuspecting brother + anti rape techniques = a gun less afternoon of fun.

anyone ever tried macing a AA? sounds like a laugh
Pressure point techniques are fun to use, but be careful. Not many can kill you, but a couple can sitcha in a wheelchair for a while! I don't know those damn things don't ever blink, may not be much fun at all!

bennyw01

talking about pressure points, thats defense, my best friends dad who i ventured to the world with is ex Navy special ops or some crap like that. and at the front of the que at tower of terror he just tapped my should and it imobilised me for about two seconds and went straight to the floor. who needs guns. however i was straight back up. i then volunteered him into a parade, thatll teach him. he looks pretty hard too.

Craig & Lisa

Poppycock.

We're all human, and prone to forget things. It's easy for you to say that if you don't carry one, and if your state doesn't allow it, and if you're one of those who thinks guns are evil anyway.

But for those who see nothing wrong with guns and who regularly carry one around with them, then it could become just as common and ordianary as a comb, a wallet, or any other item that you pick up off the dresser every morning and take with you. Especially if she keeps in in her purse and doesn't even take it out every night before she goes to bed. She could very easily forget to leave it at home that day that she goes to WDW.

I don't think we should be casting such harsh judgment on her without having all the facts.
I was just wondering how you can forget you have a .32 caliber gun on you?? :shrug: That's not exactly a small and insignificant thing you would forget you have on you, and I'm sure that before any of us goes to the parks you always check to make sure you have everything you need on you. Come on I really find that very hard to believe this excuse. Example, lets see I've got my ticket, money, pistol, extra rounds, I'm ready to hit the parks!!

dsnylvr

I also agree, a person has a right to keep and bear arms, as long as they do it legally. Seeing that she is from Pa., if she has a permit in Pa., it does not give her the right to cross state lines with the weapon.

PaisleyMF

As some family members got robed in their house and stole her (ex)husband gun (he was a police man). That's nothing u like to leave (maybe) but why not use a safe in the hotel or a safe in a bank. You can place items there. Plus, I do understand to have a weapon, but I wouldn't like to by accident get unlocked and shoot somebody. But that is my opinion, I could be wrong.

Champion

If you never think about it then what good is it?

I don't understand?

Just because you don't think about it being in your purse means it doesn't offer you protection should you need it?

Put it this way:

She kept a pen in her purse. Its always in there, but she never needs it. In the rare event that she DOES need it, she has it available to use. Would she always be thinking, whenever she went somewhere, 'oh, I have a pen in my purse!'. No, because its ALWAYS there. You don't think about it.

Everyone's missing the point here: Bag Check actually worked!!!!! :shocked:

Because she wasn't trying to sneak it in. If she was, she would have worn it, and there is no check for that.

sbkline

I mean ok I won't deny the fact that it's a dangerous world and you know we all need some kind of protection but 3 forms of protection?

I think it speaks pretty sad of our world that we automatically view a pocketknife and scissors as forms of protection. I highly doubt this is the purpose this woman had in mind for carrying those items. Lots of people carry pocketknives in their pockets and it has nothing to do with protection. Both sets of my grandparents were farmers and I remember when I would stay with them, my grandpas would always have a pocketknife as would many of the people who would pull in to visit. They would use it for about anything, really. To peel an apple they just pulled off of the tree, to whittle, to open the mail, etc. Pocketknives serve a multitude of everyday purposes, not just self defense. Same with scissors. Since when did that become regarded as a weapon? Sure, anything can be a weapon, including scissors. But if I hear of someone carrying scissors in her purse, I don't think of it as a weapon. I just think of it as having scissors in case you need to cut out coupons from the paper, cut the tags off a product you just bought, etc. Heck, I have scissors in my van, and they come in handy from time to time.

So this woman had scissors and a knife in her purse. So freakin' what?

The gun I can see a little more problem with if she doesn't have a permit (although if a person decides to carry protection, even illegally, it still doesn't make them a monster). But if she had a permit to carry it, I'm gonna give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she had a brain fart that day and forgot to take it out of her purse before entering WDW property.

sbkline

I'll see your poppycock and raise you a BS.
Many assumptions on your part; I hope your decision on whether or not you "need" to use your illegal handgun is based on more solid info.

My handgun is not illegal. I purchased it legally and have my legal card which allows me to own a gun. I don't carry it around with me, because that would be illegal, since my state doesn't allow that.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I don't understand?

Just because you don't think about it being in your purse means it doesn't offer you protection should you need it?

Put it this way:

She kept a pen in her purse. Its always in there, but she never needs it. In the rare event that she DOES need it, she has it available to use. Would she always be thinking, whenever she went somewhere, 'oh, I have a pen in my purse!'. No, because its ALWAYS there. You don't think about it.

Because she wasn't trying to sneak it in. If she was, she would have worn it, and there is no check for that.

OK...how many women here have only one purse and never change the contents from one bag to another.....

Riiiiiiight :rolleyes:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
That doesn't matter, they always put the same crap in there, so it doesn't change the argument at all.

Sure it does, it invalidates the theory that she never thinks about it if she puts her hands on it to transfer it to a new bag!

sbkline

Please tell me why you would need a loaded weapon in every day life and why you would carry it around normally let alone scissors or a knife?:shrug:

Ask the members of the several state legislatures which have passed laws allowing people to do just that.

Apparently, many people in high places disagree with you and believe that it is in the public interest for private citizens to be able to carry concealed guns in everyday life.

And I'm inclined to agree. If I was going to open fire in a public place, I might think twice about it if I wondered how many of my potential victims might pump me full of lead before I have a chance to fire my gun more than once.

sbkline

Sure it does, it invalidates the theory that she never thinks about it if she puts her hands on it to transfer it to a new bag!

But she's 67, and statistically speaking, I think it would be safe to assume that women in that age bracket are more likely to find ONE purse that they like and stick with it, which would invalidate your theory of switching purses.

But then again, I think we're all making the mistake of thinking that women can behave predicatably and rationally, and we all know that ain't true. :D:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom