Woman hurt in boat accident in WDW 4/27/2010

Tom

Beta Return
There must be something about not taking pictures because I was told not to hold a camera while I was traversing the water bridge by the Contemporary by one of the security CMs.

I think that the verbal guidelines given before renting a boat were sufficient enough for me, but I suppose written guidelines could be given as well for those who may not fully understand or remember. The SeaRaycer I rented last summer was the first time I have operated a watercraft. The intsructions given were fine and I used common sense to know what is acceptable and what is not out on the water.

I think they probably liken it to texting while driving. They want you to have both hands free to steer, and they want your attention focused solely on driving the boat.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
There must be something about not taking pictures because I was told not to hold a camera while I was traversing the water bridge by the Contemporary by one of the security CMs.

I think that the verbal guidelines given before renting a boat were sufficient enough for me, but I suppose written guidelines could be given as well for those who may not fully understand or remember. The SeaRaycer I rented last summer was the first time I have operated a watercraft. The intsructions given were fine and I used common sense to know what is acceptable and what is not out on the water.

So that drivers can whip out their written instructions as their searacer is barreling down on a ferry...let's see what did the instructions tell me to do?

Reading and driving seems to be more dangerous than taking pictures and driving. But maybe that's just me. :shrug:

WDW Monorail

So that drivers can whip out their written instructions as their searacer is barreling down on a ferry...let's see what did the instructions tell me to do?

Reading and driving seems to be more dangerous than taking pictures and driving. But maybe that's just me. :shrug:

Of course that wouldn't be the intention of the written guidelines, but I'm sure some will do it rendering the idea useless.

It's more of a way to cover their ______ in case someone says "I was never told to stay away from this area or that boat."

tinkerblonde11

This is definitely not Disney's fault. My family and I have been renting boats at Port Orleans Riverside to drive and whenever we pass the Ferry, the captains are the best and kindest anywhere. We always wave at them and say hello. And plus... the ferries go like 5 mph. Not even kidding. How could the husband expect the boat to take a sharp turn and get out of THEIR way. I mean, cmon. They were obviously not paying attention at all. You can see the ferries coming from far away and they always toot when they are near you.

I dont know is this is a bad thing to say... but is this a possible case for... murder charges? :zipit:

My heart goes out to the wife though, I hope she recovers well.

hemloc

Although, who would risk injury or even death just for some cash? I know its hard to even think that, but some people WOULD nowadays.

You'd be surprised. Mexican Swoop and Squat insurance fraud rings have been around for years, mainly out west. Usually involves illegal aliens getting promised a bunch of money to go out and stage an accident by using 2 cars to cut off a truck or some other large vehicle with the intentions of rear-ending the vehicle in front.

TheBeatles

I think that the verbal guidelines given before renting a boat were sufficient enough for me, but I suppose written guidelines could be given as well for those who may not fully understand or remember. .

Every Guest must sign a waiver and rules sheet. One side is legal and the other are the rules of the waterway. In my experience, you'd be surprised how many people either laugh at having to read them and or assume they know what is written down.

Donfan

Any time I have rented a Searaycer, I have been strongly told not to come within 50 feet of any other vehicle on the water. I suspect this guy was told the same thing.

floridabill

hmm why is this post still up???:shrug: This happened like thursday the 22nd and the news got it the 27th. it is now a whole new month and this is still here?? Why does this linger?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom