Woman Denied Entry at MK For Trying To Bring In Baby Bengal Tiger

Brian Swan

Speaking from experience, handraising a one week old kitten is a tireless act of love at that age, they need hand feeding a special formula roughly every hour. 24/7. I have no idea how they thought they could do this at WDW.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Just a warning guys: the guy who wrote that article is Danny C ox. He runs Doctor Disney and the "I'm So Disney..." FB group. Never use this guy's articles for anything. He armchairs everything too.

I appreciate the heads up. The "avoid the WaltCast" people hit me from a friend from Vegas but this guy never crossed my radar until now.

Frankie The Beer

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the thought of someone trying to bring a bengal tiger into a theme park. I think we in society have to start taking the blame for stuff like this eventually.

fillerup

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the thought of someone trying to bring a bengal tiger into a theme park. I think we in society have to start taking the blame for stuff like this eventually.

Why are you trying to wrap your head around something that didn't happen?

Better to spend your time wondering why so many people readily believed something so obviously silly.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Why are you trying to wrap your head around something that didn't happen?

Better to spend your time wondering why so many people readily believed something so obviously silly.
Silly yes, but miles from unbelievable.

It was not too long ago that a certain pop star tried to get a pet monkey through customs in Germany.

A family in LA had an 8' alligator they kept as a pet for more than 30 years confiscated.

Wild animals as pets are aslo a big problem in Dubai

Add all that together and the story of someone from Dubai trying to get into WDW with a Tiger cub is quite believable.

fillerup

Silly yes, but miles from unbelievable.

It was not too long ago that a certain pop star tried to get a pet monkey through customs in Germany.

A family in LA had an 8' alligator they kept as a pet for more than 30 years confiscated.

Wild animals as pets are aslo a big problem in Dubai

Add all that together and the story of someone from Dubai trying to get into WDW with a Tiger cub is quite believable.

All true, yes - but a little bit of critical thinking goes a long way.

It seems that I now know for sure that the only thing less credible than info from a Disney bus driver is info on a Disney fan site.

Magenta Panther

A friend of mine has a Bengal cat, and it's beautiful. Oddly, although it's called a "Bengal", it's spotted, not striped. Is there such a thing as a Bengal leopard?

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
A friend of mine has a Bengal cat, and it's beautiful. Oddly, although it's called a "Bengal", it's spotted, not striped. Is there such a thing as a Bengal leopard?
They have both spots and stripes.

IMG_2977.JPG

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
I was wondering because the OJS didn't pickup the story... So, a CM's story of exaggeration/misunderstanding blows the actual incident out of proportion on that CM's Facebook status and then spreads like wildfire. Great example where Occam's Razor strikes again.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/innovation/scientific-experiments/occams-razor.htm

The problem is - and anyone who's a regular guest/local at WDW - would find this extremely plausible. Guests try to bring in everything. People buy vests off ebay and try to pass their pets off as "Service Animals."

So its within the realm of possibility.

ItlngrlBella

The problem is - and anyone who's a regular guest/local at WDW - would find this extremely plausible. Guests try to bring in everything. People buy vests off ebay and try to pass their pets off as "Service Animals."

So its within the realm of possibility.

My dear friend and vet Lon Hodge and his service dog Gander, are national ambassadors for PTSD service dogs. (If you google "Gander Service Dog" you will see them everywhere from AKC honor at the national dog show to TEDx Blog and Parade magazine).

Most of the education they do is to corporations, small businesses, government institutions and even school groups - letting people know what a true service dog does for its owner and they are constantly doing education for businesses on how to ID fake service animals that people are trying to pass off.

These fake service animal owners are ruining it for the people that truly need these animals and they need a swift kick in the @$$.

Here's Gander and Lon's story:

http://chicagotonight.wttw.com/2014/02/26/ptsd-service-dog

Last edited:

The Mom

Premium Member
The cats coloration might have a lot to do with how many generations removed from the wild it is? If two Bengals with more spots than stripes are bred, and then their offspring are bred for spots, and so on, it would be possible to get a cat with all spots - or all stripes, if that's what a breeder is looking for.

As is true with dogs, the further away from the "wild" ancestor, the more domesticated the animal. So there are Bengals that may have been bred illegally, so might be closer to a big cat in looks and temperament than one who is 10 generations removed. But they are still closer to a big cat than most domestic cats.

So one that is only one or two generations removed could very well look (and act) more like it's wild relatives, and cause someone to think it's a "wild" animal.

The people involved obviously didn't want to cancel their vacation to stay home and give this abandoned (apparently, the mother died) kitten the 24 hour attention it needed, so tried to bring it with them, hoping no one would notice.

The Mom

Premium Member
My dear friend and vet Lon Hodge and his service dog Gander, are national ambassadors for PTSD service dogs. (If you google "Gander Service Dog" you will see them everywhere from AKC honor at the national dog show to TEDx Blog and Parade magazine).

Most of the education they do is to corporations, small businesses, government institutions and even school groups - letting people know what a true service dog does for its owner and they are constantly doing education for businesses on how to ID fake service animals that people are trying to pass off.

These fake service animal owners are ruining it for the people that truly need these animals and they need a swift kick in the @$$.

A preschool teacher at my son's elementary school (he is a senior in college now) trained service dogs (for the blind) Once they reached a certain level, she would bring them to school every day. The children learned that they could only pet the dog when the vest was off - otherwise it was on duty, and wasn't a "pet."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom