Wizards give smackdown to droids

Damon7777

Original Poster
Can someone tell me what a roller coaster in another theme park has to do with a land that hasn't even opened yet?

Furthetmore this topic was not about Hagrid even though Hagrid's opening was the catalyst.

This topic is about 2 very highly themed out properties and lands but yet one offers over 2x the area and attractions.

WDW draws far more guests than Universal Orlando and Star Wars is a noticeably bigger franchise than Potter but yet Star Wars is just 14 acres and 2 rides............it just ain't right

MaximumEd

Please don't do that....

Everyone of us on this forum either knows or damn well should know by now that in essence Studios will be a carbon copy of Disneyland's. Disneyland minus it's marquis attraction is very much "fully armed and operational". And Furthermore I already have accounted or presumed that Rise of Resistance will be one serious heavy hitter.

Lol. Lighten up, Francis. I guess I’ll do and say what I damn well please.

Kamikaze

Furthetmore this topic was not about Hagrid even though Hagrid's opening was the catalyst.

This topic is about 2 very highly themed out properties and lands but yet one offers over 2x the area and attractions.

WDW draws far more guests than Universal Orlando and Star Wars is a noticeably bigger franchise than Potter but yet Star Wars is just 14 acres and 2 rides............it just ain't right

A far better judge of area is guest accessible land. How much of those numbers are just space taken up by the attractions? Obviously the new Hagrid coaster takes up a ton of space, but its the coaster taking up the entire space - its not like you can explore that area.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Well, maybe you should write your congressman and ask them to sponsor legislation mandating that tourists in Orlando spend equal time at WDW and USO/IOA.

the_rich

Firstly Hondo is a much better animatronic than anything in hagrids and the queue is far superior. Not going to compare rides because they are meant as different experiences. Secondly hagrids isn't a game changer, it isn't the best ride in HP land. It's just what is shiny and new in Orlando. Thirdly I'm glad GE didnt have a 10 hour wait because I would've never went. There is nothing on Earth that's gonna get me to stand for 10 hours in the heat. And it was intentional, they didn't want huge crowds. Lastly let's wait until RotR opens. You can dismiss it all you want but from what all the insiders are saying it will be the true game changer.

Stripes

NOT EVEN CLOSE, BUD!

I'm not sure what all this Star Wars hype and game changing talk is all about. Universal's Potter in Orlando is still is the one to beat in the industry.

35+ acres vs 14 of highly immersive placesetting.

4 E ticketish/ super headining rides and 1 lower tiered ride vs 2 headliners.

Hagrid opened and it's beyond a phenomenal experience.......best ride on US soil, I say. We'll see about Rise of Resistance but for now Magical Creatures is the supreme attraction and Harry easily holds the crown
35 acres, eh?

1. how much of that is taken up by a land hogging coaster?
2. how bad did you measure it? Even including the coaster, it’s nowhere near 35 acres.

Also, if we’re counting all the Harry Potter rides, we’ll be counting Star Tours too. That’s 4 E-ticket-esque attractions to Star Wars’ 3. Let’s take a look at non-ride land area, shall we?

Hagrid is the best ride on U.S. soil...if you enjoy looking at animatronics on sticks.

Painted trees.

And cheap office building exit doors.

Last edited:

KaliSplash

What is Not right? I'm not understanding your rant. Are you upset that WDW draws more people even thought it's "new land" is half the size of Potterland?

Goofyernmost

When focusing on that type of argument, how about thinking about how many attractions existed for Potter when it first opened. I believe it was two including dueling Dragons or whatever they called it back then. It's not like they opened the land with a full number of attractions that you are counting on your fingers. It has taken years for them to add two more and one was just a very docile, but, gobsmackingly themed train with stations at both ends and a very impressive but quite tiny area with a fire breathing dragon and another ride. Now this new cycle ride part which replace an already existing coaster. I see no real net gain in that. Perhaps we can come back when the same amount of time has lapsed since initial openings and see if one outweighs the other. I don't know who will win, but, neither does anyone else so I guess we will just have to wait and see. Plus Universal requires you to pay for two parks to see the whole thing. For someone like me that isn't into 90% of what is in IoA that seems like a hefty cost to just experience one IP. Also, how many really good attractions were sacrificed to build those lands. In DHS, just about nothing worth talking about. A fake city/movie set and a long dead backstage tour. But, then we would have to factor in that there were two more attractions added considering TSL. The one that comes to mind in Uni would be "Jaws". A far better attraction then the two lost ones I mentioned in DHS.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
When focusing on that type of argument, how about thinking about how many attractions existed for Potter when it first opened. I believe it was two including dueling Dragons or whatever they called it back then. It's not like they opened the land with a full number of attractions that you are counting on your fingers. It has taken years for them to add two more and one was just a very docile, but, gobsmackingly themed train with stations at both ends and a very impressive but quite tiny area with a fire breathing dragon and another ride. Now this new cycle ride part which replace an already existing coaster. I see no real net gain in that. Perhaps we can come back when the same amount of time has lapsed since initial openings and see if one outweighs the other. I don't know who will win, but, neither does anyone else so I guess we will just have to wait and see. Plus Universal requires you to pay for two parks to see the whole thing. For someone like me that isn't into 90% of what is in IoA that seems like a hefty cost to just experience one IP. Also, how many really good attractions were sacrificed to build those lands. In DHS, just about nothing worth talking about. A fake city/movie set and a long dead backstage tour. But, then we would have to factor in that there were two more attractions added considering TSL. The one that comes to mind in Uni would be "Jaws". A far better attraction then the two lost ones I mentioned in DHS.

Potter opened with three rides, one new, two re-themes, Forbidden Journey, Flight of the Hippogryph and Dragon Challenge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom