Wizards give smackdown to droids

Damon7777

Original Poster
NOT EVEN CLOSE, BUD!

I'm not sure what all this Star Wars hype and game changing talk is all about. Universal's Potter in Orlando is still is the one to beat in the industry.

35+ acres vs 14 of highly immersive placesetting.

4 E ticketish/ super headining rides and 1 lower tiered ride vs 2 headliners.

Hagrid opened and it's beyond a phenomenal experience.......best ride on US soil, I say. We'll see about Rise of Resistance but for now Magical Creatures is the supreme attraction and Harry easily holds the crown

KaliSplash

NOT EVEN CLOSE, BUD!

I'm not sure what all this Star Wars hype and game changing talk is all about. Universal's Potter in Orlando is still is the one to beat in the industry.

Hagrid opened and it's beyond a phenomenal experience.......best ride on US soil, I say. We'll see about Rise of Resistance but for now Magical Creatures is the supreme attraction and Harry easily holds the crown

Is there some purpose to this? If you are a Universal fan, so be it.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
images(24).jpg

yensidtlaw1969

NOT EVEN CLOSE, BUD!

Keep in mind, Disneyland went to great lengths to ensure that guests wouldn't wait in 10 hour lines at the opening of Star Wars Land, because they recognize that's not an enjoyable guest experience. It seems they either exercised an overabundance of caution or guests were worried anyway and figured they'd come back when things died down . . . but it's not like the interest isn't there. We'll see what happens when the reservation period ends.

I'll echo the sentiment that Hagrid's doesn't even appear to be the best attraction in The Wizarding World, let alone the US. Nice enough though it looks. It's a coaster with an unthemed track that spends most of its time whizzing past immature plants. The unique vehicle, scattered Animatronics, and indoor showscene with an unexpected thrill all add to the fun, but it's incrementally ambitious at best. The 40 year old Big Thunder is still a more immersive themed coaster experience, if one less thrilling and lighter on AA's.

EDITED To Add: Count me in as someone who GREATLY prefers the Potter IP to Star Wars, and isn't yet convinced its really "Disney". By all means build Star Wars Land at Hollywood Studios, but setting it in Disneyland the way they did is, to me, a step or 3 too far. But even then I can't pretend Hagrid's is a bigger deal than Galaxy's Edge, even the "lite" version currently playing on the west coast.

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

This really doesn't have to turn bad and no need for loyalists to go all Dept of Defense and start counter attack planning.

But a 2 to 1 ratio deserves discussion

What's there to really discuss. some people like potter land others like Star wars.

"shrugging shoulders". we've been to Uni twice, had a good time, don't have to go back. no one in my crowd fell in love with Universal.

You're not sure of what the hype is?? I'm not sure what the hype about potterville is"

so the point of this is????? and how can wizards give "smackdown" to droids when the droids haven't even hit the scene???

Hey, I'm glad there are tons of folks who like Universal, Disney is packed enough as is, don't need the Potter people coming over also.

Last edited:

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
What's there to really discuss. some people like potter land others like Star wars.

"shrugging shoulders". we've been to Uni twice, had a good time, don't have to go back. no one in my crowd fell in love with Universal.

You're not sure of what the hype is?? I'm not sure what the hype about potterville is"

so the point of this is?????

I'm a fan of SW and also of Potter, so I can see the hype about both. Potter fans are very much like SW fans in that they both fall deep into the fantasy, and there's nothing wrong with that.

That said, I'm not sure what the point of this is either. I'm very excited to ride Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure this week, but I don't think it'll top FoP for me. We'll see.

Damon7777

Original Poster

This isn't about which franchise is more preferable(I never seen one Potter movie and don't plan to either and I'm not into Star Wars). This is about hype and execution or lackthereof of the two huge properties. Furthermore it's not even about Universal vs Disney.

Look, they both offer amazing depth and details within their respective lands but one is not just bigger but over 2 times bigger.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
This isn't about which franchise is more preferable(I never seen one Potter movie and don't plan to either and I'm not into Star Wars). This is about hype and execution or lackthereof of the two huge properties. Furthermore it's not even about Universal vs Disney.

Look, they both offer amazing depth and details within their respective lands but one is not just bigger but over 2 times bigger.

One provides a fun new top tier coaster experience, and the other is just another way for a company to take your money.

/s :cool:

Raineman

NOT EVEN CLOSE, BUD!

Question: Did you form your opinions in this post from a) visiting and experiencing both Galaxy's Edge and Wizarding World or b) watching videos of one or both on YouTube? if you answered b, your opinion cannot be valid, unless you insert some "looks to be" or "from what I've seen on video" into your statement. Also, the term "quality, not quantity" needs to be a factor here-more or bigger does not always mean better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom