Without Disney...

SplashMtn.

Original Poster
Honestly, if I don't always have at least one Disney trip booked to look forward to, I go into depression. Even if the trip is 5 years away, it's still something to look forward to, ya know? Time flies when theres a Disney trip in sight. Even when we can't afford it immediatly, a trip needs to be booked for years and years away (i feel). Anyone else feel like this? :veryconfu

brent2124

Honestly, if I don't always have at least one Disney trip booked to look forward to, I go into depression. Even if the trip is 5 years away, it's still something to look forward to, ya know? Time flies when theres a Disney trip in sight. Even when we can't afford it immediatly, a trip needs to be booked for years and years away (i feel). Anyone else feel like this? :veryconfu
I completley understand the desire to have a trip to look foward to. Fortunatley for me I live close enough to just go for a day if I get the WDW itch.

I am like that with vacations in general, but having a Disney trip in my horizon just makes my life better. I need to have something fun to plan to distract from the drudgery of my 9-5 office job. I am going for my birthday (one day only) in October, but I need a longer trip. My family was supposed to have a big trip next fall, however, my father got laid off recently, so their vacation plans are up in the air. Hopefully his factory will reopen soon, because I really need a big Disney trip!

foreverbelle

without a disney vacation planned, i just feel completely lost...like im missing something. believe sometimes a year is to long to wait.....

mousebymarriage

without a disney vacation planned, i just feel completely lost...like im missing something. believe sometimes a year is to long to wait.....
I agree! Money is really tight right now (my hubby works for Chrysler) and we don't have any future trip planned, our last trip to Disney was in Jan. 2008, it always helps to come on this site and enjoy other people's Disney experiences.

agent86

Time flies when theres a Disney trip in sight.

For me it's the opposite. Time seems to drag when I am looking forward to a Disney trip. And it seems to get slower and slower the closer I get to the trip. Like if it's 6 months away, then 1 month goes by pretty quickly. But when it gets down to only 1 month away, then that month seems to take forever. Then when it gets down to a week, it's like the longest week of my life. :lol:

Susan Savia

Yep, there is just something about 'knowing' you got a trip planned in your future...(mine in Feb 2010) that keeps you 'excited'. Thank goodness in the meantime we can go to the beach in July and Memphis in August. And thank goodness too for all the trip reports folks post on the various sites...kinda like being there, but not really!!!

DisneyFanLS

I know how ya feel

My Disney wife and I have been going to WDW since 1998....we were engaged right in front of Cinderella Castle in 1999 and honeymooned there in 2000. We have only missed ONE year since then. We were even at the Living Seas at Epcot when the news of Sept. 2001 broke. We were evacuated from the park at 08:30 AM. We just don't feel complete without an annual WDW trip...sometimes it is what gets us through the dulldrums of the everyday...Right now I am serving as an International Police Officer in the country of Kosovo, but I FULLY intend to make it to WDW in September of this year!!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

petersenjp

I always feel like this. My wife is either an incredibly good sport, and or she has caught the Disney fever as well. We have been (going to be) to Disney 5 times in the 6 years we have been married. Just knowing that down the road there is the happiest place on earth keeps me going. All the hard work, the long days, all worth it when we step off that place and jump on the Magical Express.

Having a trip planned is always a nice conversation filler as well. If both of us our down, a little mention of the trip, and a smile comes over the faces! :sohappy:

sueuk

If we aren't going to WDW for our main holiday, I always plan a short trip to DLP with my daughter/sister/nieces who are all Disneyholics too. It's NOT WDW but it's still great to be doing Disney planning. :wave:

DisneyMom4

There is nothing quite like having 2 trips on the book at the same time.

However, I can't imagine not having a trip on the horizon at some point. That would be bad....very, very bad.....Do they ship Mickey bars?

bgraham34

I dont have anything officially planned but I think my next trip will be Sept of next year. I try to go once a year and since I already went in Jan of this year Sept is out of the equation this year.

fascion216

i couldnt agree more! i just need WDW to look forward to. i work retail and sometimes dealing with people is the worst. i have some great co-workers to pick me up when i am down, but theres nothing better than having disney to look forward to. sometimes, i just visualize being on main street and looking at the castle and i just feel happy and calm. my trip in sept. has got me really pumped up!

juscet

I have to deal with the fact that my ex-wife is taking our kids to WDW this summer. That's depression. Although I did take them last year... with the new wife.:)

kybred72

Our last trip to WDW was Sept of '07. No new trip is planned anytime in the foreseeable future. :( And I've got the itch BAD. Perhaps because of all the 'free night' and 'free dining' specials that they've been advertising on TV. So, I come back here to this site to experience some of the psuedo-magical feeling :animwink:

hwdelien

I try to plan a trip every year. Even if we can't do much. For example, when we go down in Sept we are planning to attend MNSSHP. I don't know that we'll be able to do much else.

I was supposed to go last week, but we rescheduled due to my wife's back surgery and as that week approached, my heartbreak got worse and worse. :( Now that it's passed, I've set my sights on September 12th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom