With Disneyland Paris announcing the closure date and re-theme of Rock N Roller Coaster, is WDW next?

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Other than if one of Aerosmith's members passes away or they retire (which doesn't seem to be happening for at least a few years), why is a retheme NECESSARY? The ride always has a long wait. If people are riding it in large numbers, I don't see a need to try and attract more people to it. Especially since SWGE will bring plenty of crowds to the park, there is no need to attract more people in the next 3-4 years.

Rethemitus. The urge to retheme, change or add an overlay that no one asked for. Marvel and Pixar characters need to be shoved in every attraction now.

elchippo

Is Captain Marvel an off-limits character for WDW? If not, then maybe that could be a possibility assuming the movie does well.

RSoxNo1

I'd like to see a permanent Christmas or holiday themed area off of Sunset with RnRC rethemed into a Nightmare Before Christmas ride. The vehicles would be sleighs and the surrounding area can be rethemed with Streets of America type facades with a permanent Osborne Lights equivalent.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Noticing Mike and Sully meeting in HS... For whatever reason. Wouldn't be disappointed if that Monsters Inc. coaster came here.

Literally HS: Muppets, Lucasfilm, Pixar, and Disney Channel land. Make it happen. I'd be fine with it at this point as long as everything is high quality.

Thebolt

Is Captain Marvel an off-limits character for WDW? If not, then maybe that could be a possibility assuming the movie does well.

Isn"t part of the restriction around the use of the "Marvel" trademark?
One for the lawyers to argue about... but it doesn't sound like the type of legal argument it would be wise to initiate.

SirWillow

I don't believe that Captain Marvel is being used by Universal, which should make the character available to use at WDW.

SirWillow

I thought the pre-show felt rushed (we did RnRC during an early open, so maybe that was why?) and it isn’t explaining the limo at all, the load zone was just “meh”, and for whatever reason I didn’t get any rush from the on-board music, which seemed quiet to me. The roller coaster itself was smooth and enjoyable, but something is off/incongruent overall.

That's really odd. The preshow for it when I was there in March was exactly the same one as in Florida. Same sound booth, same video, same band, same manager calling a limo... I even filmed it because I thought it was hilarious that it was the same thing. Saw it one time in English and another overdubbed in French. The loading area was a little different, but not enough to make a difference. And I remember the music just as well.

wonder if they weren't running the preshow and had the music down for you for early entry, but that's the only guess I have, and not a clue why they would do that.

Missing20K

That's really odd. The preshow for it when I was there in March was exactly the same one as in Florida. Same sound booth, same video, same band, same manager calling a limo... I even filmed it because I thought it was hilarious that it was the same thing. Saw it one time in English and another overdubbed in French. The loading area was a little different, but not enough to make a difference. And I remember the music just as well.

wonder if they weren't running the preshow and had the music down for you for early entry, but that's the only guess I have, and not a clue why they would do that.
There must have been some issues when we rode it, as the pre-show audio cut in and out and was overall a low volume, and if memory serves, we were shuffled out of the pre-show before the manager even called for the limo. It was....odd.

neo999955

In the Parks
No
For me, personally, I find the ride to be pretty boring. I like Aerosmith, but they don't do anything for me and the whole pre-show and theme is so lame. I would love a more interesting re-theme. I also don't love the coaster, so anything to make it all more fun would be a plus to me.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
You mean like Journey Into Imagination where you have large portraits of actors who have passed?
Still there.

a bit of a different situation IMO. It was a portrayal of a fictional character, not the actor and no speaking role in the ride (I'm assuming just Robin Williams is in the queue who's deceased?)

righttrack

I look at it this way. It's still one of the most popular rides in all of WDW. If it ain't broke, don't fix it....yet. The question would be when would the licensing arrangement with Aerosmith be up for renegotiation? That would then bring a significant push to use an in-house intellectual property rather than contract out to Aerosmith. I'm guessing in Paris, the Aerosmith attraction may not have been as strong, or perhaps the licensing was up.

Tony the Tigger

Just as newspapers have pre-written “In Memorium” articles (that get accidentally released from time to time) I’d be surprised if Disney didn’t have a retheme - or at least an alternate pre-show - in the can. When Tyler passes it would be kind of eerie to continue the current pre-show (less so the others who would be less obvious).
You mean like Journey Into Imagination where you have large portraits of actors who have passed?
Still there.

Journey Into Imagination Roller Coaster with Journey.

“Don’t stop believin’...”

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't believe that Captain Marvel is being used by Universal, which should make the character available to use at WDW.

The character doesn't need to be used by Universal if it's in one of the families that they are using. I am no expert on comics, but this one looks little tricky since there were various incarnations of the character and the character was associated with both The Avengers and the X-Men. There is also the added complication that Disney cannot use the name "Marvel" in association with any Marvel attraction they build at WDW. Not sure how that would play out in this case.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I look at it this way. It's still one of the most popular rides in all of WDW. If it ain't broke, don't fix it....yet. The question would be when would the licensing arrangement with Aerosmith be up for renegotiation? That would then bring a significant push to use an in-house intellectual property rather than contract out to Aerosmith. I'm guessing in Paris, the Aerosmith attraction may not have been as strong, or perhaps the licensing was up.

"Broke" is in the eye of the beholder. Disney may see the fact that it's not using a Disney IP as "broke".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom