With Disneyland Paris announcing the closure date and re-theme of Rock N Roller Coaster, is WDW next?

jt04

It would only be cohesive if they reworked Tower then as well. You’re visiting the hotel decades after it was abandoned. Sunset Boulevard is set well after the 30’s.

The street isn’t set in the Golden Age of Hollywood. It was abandoned in 1939 after the incident at Tower, which was “a long time ago”. The story is basically that G Force Records revitalized the area (not perfect but better than classic rock in the 30s).

The new Rocketeer was rumored to be a more modern version that is connected to the original.

SteamboatJoe

I think that’s the main problem with these back stories. Disney hides them too much, they really should display the history they’ve written a little more clearly, not huge plaques or anything but something more. Maybe a button within My Disney Experience or PlayDisney. Like the whole rivalry aspect to Dinoland makes the whole thing flow better than the random carnival most people see.
They definitely overthink things at times. Frontierland has it's own unique back stories but nobody is confused about what the overarching theme is. Plus, who goes to WDW to experience a theme set in the present? Marvel being an exception because of its fantasy elements.

The Pho

They definitely overthink things at times. Frontierland has it's own unique back stories but nobody is confused about what the overarching theme is. Plus, who goes to WDW to experience a theme set in the present? Marvel being an exception because of its fantasy elements.
Well most of 3 out of the 4 parks (or 5 of the 6 really) are set in the present day. Epcot’s Future World was kind of set showcasing the future from today’s eyes, but the only thing close to not present day in the park. Animal Kingdom is all present day except Pandora and the actual ride portion of Dinosaur. MGM is all present day basically until Galaxy’s Edge opens, although some of the park has “old” buildings. I think a lot of people go for immersion and overall experience not necessarily seeing a different time period.

SteamboatJoe

Well most of 3 out of the 4 parks (or 5 of the 6 really) are set in the present day. Epcot’s Future World was kind of set showcasing the future from today’s eyes, but the only thing close to not present day in the park. Animal Kingdom is all present day except Pandora and the actual ride portion of Dinosaur. MGM is all present day basically until Galaxy’s Edge opens, although some of the park has “old” buildings. I think a lot of people go for immersion and overall experience not necessarily seeing a different time period.
Fair but at least they take you somewhere exotic/far off, exciting, or exclusive. Epcot looks backward, forward, outward, and inward. MGM took you behind the scenes and at least half of it is set in the 30s/40s. AK takes you to the opposite end of the earth and to another planet. I get that FL is a long way from CA but gentrified LA, in my opinion, is just not an exclusive, exciting, or romantic theme.

CalebS

In a park that will soon be overrun it just seems trivial to retheme something that works fine when the dis needs to get on echo lake and the animation courtyard

Imagineer777

I feel like if any Marvel characters ended coming to WDW, Doctor Strange would be next since he's the only character who's actually been seen inside the parks (meet & greet, projection show) along with the Guardians of the Galaxy, but Strange definitely wouldn't be the RnRC replacement.

SirWillow

Are you sure? Do you have that video?

I do have the video. And actually tried to upload it as part of a vlog but it ran into copyright issues so I had to trim it out. So yes, I'm quite sure.

I rode 3 times during our trip. One time the preshow was in English, another French, and another they moved us out of the room about half to 2/3rds of the way through the preshow. Not sure why. But it's all there. Or was before the redo. :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I do have the video. And actually tried to upload it as part of a vlog but it ran into copyright issues so I had to trim it out. So yes, I'm quite sure.

I rode 3 times during our trip. One time the preshow was in English, another French, and another they moved us out of the room about half to 2/3rds of the way through the preshow. Not sure why. But it's all there. Or was before the redo. :)
Bizzare. I’ll be checking it out myself soon.

Kman101

leave Tower alone.

I wonder if Rock n Roller coaster will be rethemed to CARS since the Lightening McQueen attraction will be opening up right next to Rock N Roller coaster.

That's long been my thought. And there's a large-ish area behind Anaheim Market leading up to the coaster. I know there's backstage stuff that would need to be removed or included but I doubt they want to spend the money to do something significant, but they should. I mean, there have been times we've heard the Animation/Launch Bay building may not be long for this world, so (which would then be the entrance to said area which now could take you from Star Wars to Toy Story to ... Cars?) ... or just me overthinking everything, which isn't unusual for me.

cjkeating

Only ever seen the WDSP version of the pre-show during all my visits. How odd.

Nezumi Fan

I just came back from Disneyland Paris shocked at how terrible the Studios were over there. Rock n Roller Coaster was pretty sorry compared to Orlando studios version. I did love their Big Thunder and Space Mountain Compared to ours. Pirates was cool too. And the Indy coaster would be a great add to somewhere at WDW.

I dunno, we're Disneyland Annual Passholders and, much as it breaks down (there's a joke on the Jungle Cruise about "Indiana Jones & the Temple of the Broken-Down Attraction" for a reason), it is still a thrilling and excellently executed ride, whereas the one in Disneyland Paris...not so much. The one in TDLR is slightly different, thematically, from DLR, but it's good, too.

ryguy

I dunno, we're Disneyland Annual Passholders and, much as it breaks down (there's a joke on the Jungle Cruise about "Indiana Jones & the Temple of the Broken-Down Attraction" for a reason), it is still a thrilling and excellently executed ride, whereas the one in Disneyland Paris...not so much. The one in TDLR is slightly different, thematically, from DLR, but it's good, too.
The Paris version of Indy is an outdoor roller coaster, not like Disneyland. Disneyland is more like Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom