Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

TheOrangeBird01

Wow. The show was amazing.

First and foremost, Happily Ever After was miles head of Wishes technologically. The projections looked fantastic, and I loved how the projections blended and interacted with the firework display.

My favourite part? Definitely the villains segment. I got chills seeing Maleficent slayed, with the fireworks complimenting the scene in the background. Runner ups for best scenes would have to be the Genie and the Go the Distance part. Both were jaw dropping and Go the Distance nearly made me tear up lol.

I'll agree with many of you that there was a flow issue, but I kind of expected that. There was a lot to showcase and they did their best (which was top notch), but at some points it felt more of a compilation than a nighttime spectacular.

I appreciate that there seemed to be a large variety of films used during the show. Yes, most were modern, but did you expect to have an entire Hunchback section and ZERO mention of Anna or Elsa. Frozen was used sparingly, and that made the song choice for the romance section fit perfectly.

I still think I prefer Wishes, but that could be only for two reasons. I have a nostalgic connection to Wishes and I've seen it in person. After I see HEA in person I'm sure I'll love it even more.

As for how it ranks/compares to the other fireworks shows I'd put it at a very close second. Is it the best pyro? No, I'd say Fantasy in the Sky wins that. Does it have the best emotion? No, Wishes takes that crown with its timeless theme song and story. Is it the most entertaining? Definitely. HEA takes everything that people love about modern Disney and has so much fun with it that hard to be dissapointed with it.

So those are my thoughts on Happily Ever After. It's a great show and I'm sure the crowds will eat it up. My only concern with it is the theme song, which I still think is much too pop-y for a castle park firework spectacular. It could get old in a few years (if it even lasts that long ;)).

Kman101

Fair point.
I guess my expectations for WDW is more than to be impressed. I guess I need the emotion and the connection.
That's one of the wonderful things about WDW. My WDW expectations and experiences are different than yours and yet when I see you there, we're both smiling.

Some moments hit some and some don't. I got a bit teary when they were showing the family segment. The ending was nice too.

I liked some of the choices. Loved seeing Hunchback represented. Loved the villains segment, probably the most. I enjoyed the Aladdin/Genie segment. I liked the "wrecking the camp" music was used in one of the Tarzan parts. It was pretty well done but I do get some saying it felt choppy and didn't flow.

I do think Wishes had that emotional connection and did draw you in with the music and the fireworks but this is still a great show.

disney4life2008

I have only one concern—not a complaint. The projections are difficult to see beyond the hub, which means when you're close enough to see everything on the castle, you're too close to see the fireworks.

And too far you can't see the projections at all. Try taking pictures of the projections lol

tirian

First and foremost, Happily Ever After was miles head of Wishes technologically. The projections looked fantastic, and I loved how the projections blended and interacted with the firework display.

My favourite part? Definitely the villains segment. I got chills seeing Maleficent slayed, with the fireworks complimenting the scene in the background. Runner ups for best scenes would have to be the Genie and the Go the Distance part. Both were jaw dropping and Go the Distance nearly made me tear up lol.

I'll agree with many of you that there was a flow issue, but I kind of expected that. There was a lot to showcase and they did their best (which was top notch), but at some points it felt more of a compilation than a nighttime spectacular.

I appreciate that there seemed to be a large variety of films used during the show. Yes, most were modern, but did you expect to have an entire Hunchback section and ZERO mention of Anna or Elsa. Frozen was used sparingly, and that made the song choice for the romance section fit perfectly.

I still think I prefer Wishes, but that could be only for two reasons. I have a nostalgic connection to Wishes and I've seen it in person. After I see HEA in person I'm sure I'll love it even more.

As for how it ranks/compares to the other fireworks shows I'd put it at a very close second. Is it the best pyro? No, I'd say Fantasy in the Sky wins that. Does it have the best emotion? No, Wishes takes that crown with its timeless theme song and story. Is it the most entertaining? Definitely. HEA takes everything that people love about modern Disney and has so much fun with it that hard to be dissapointed with it.

So those are my thoughts on Happily Ever After. It's a great show and I'm sure the crowds will eat it up. My only concern with it is the theme song, which I still think is much too pop-y for a castle park firework spectacular. It could get old in a few years (if it even lasts that long ;)).
It's already a winner for ignoring "Let It Go"!

ToTBellHop

Absolutely outstanding.

1. Incredible pyro (which the DPB didn't entirely show. In their defense, this is a VERY challenging show to tape; you either close-up on the castle or show pyro). Dragonfly firework?! Moana swirl? Smiles, hearts, color-changing. Just stellar.
2. Top-notch projections
3. Love the synchrolites
4. Lasers not over done
5. Stirring score with beautiful blending of melodies. I love the contemporary feel. Turning "Love is an Open Door" into a ballad, for example, was divine. And a new use for Frozen. In general, I felt they chose some unique songs, not the usual cliches.
6. Easy to follow progression through friendship, love, danger, heroism, and finale where guests seek their happily ever after
7. Doesn't pander. No need to say "wish" 143 times.
8. Sweet that they seem to have used the same announcer as Festival of Fantasy.

I expect this will be a smash hit.

Kman101

Great critique and one I agree with almost completely. I really don't mind Happily Ever After the song. The chorus and the end is better but I think it does the job. But I know not everyone cares for that type of music.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom