• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

FigmentForver96

It's perfectly fine to say you don't like it. I hate MK's PotC. There. I'm not a pixie duster.

The difference is when the reason you give is self-contradictory or you have strong dislike for trivial reasons or you tie it to a hatred of something else (Iger is the devil!!) or you just out and out make up spit like saying this has less fireworks than Wishes, which is not true at all.

So, some people are indeed getting a hard time for expressing a minority opinion, it's just that when the minority opinion is backed up by stupidity, then that is what's being attacked.

Note the people who are saying they liked Wishes' storytelling better... they're not getting attacked for that. Wishes had narration linking each segment, HEA doesn't. Valid point.
This ..... exactly to the T.

stuart

Worth getting up at 2am for - absolutely stunning.

It depends on what you want to take from a show, some have a need to 'feel something' or an emotional connection, others just need to be impressed by what they see - the category I am in.

I thought it was hugely impressive and visually stunning from the projections, to the pyro and to the films used - I cant wait to see it in person in July.

CTXRover

DO NOT judge on the parks blog stream which spent a lot of time zooming in on the projections(which are excellent). There is a significant increase in fireworks at any given moment throughout the entire 18 minute show . Absolutely stunning use of fireworks alone, combined with every other trick in the book. Technically and visually stunning. Not much of a story as compared to Wishes, but a tour de force of nighttime visuals.

It will be a fantastic show for fireworks alone even if you don't watch from the hub.

Last edited:

Captain Barbossa

Just watched the live stream of Happily Ever After. Thought this thread needed to be started. Here's my thoughts/opinions.

What I didn't like
1. The fireworks were a disappointment in my book. They seemed very basic and didn't live up to all the hype.
2. The transition and theme didn't seem to flow smoothly. One second it was Brave and the castle was covered in greenery. Makes sense. Then at the very bottom was Lighting McQueen. Doesn't add up. The transition from Tiana to the Little Mermaid seemed sudden. Didn't like the whole gear thing either. Didn't make sense to me (especially when Aladin and the Jungle Book were thrown in there).

What I did like
1. I liked the score. I thought it was well written.
2. The projections were UNBELIEVABLE. Absolutely blown away.
3. I liked the use of some of the older Disney classics, like the Hunchback of Notre Dame (shed a few tears during that part).
4. And last, but not least, the Pirates of the Caribbean part. Was a little surprised that they included it, but I think it was my favorite part.

Overall I enjoyed Happily Ever After, but it's a laser/projection show, not a firework show. Thats my opinion. Please let me know what you thought of it!!

Last edited:

Kman101

Welcome to the 21st century of cheap. I am positive projections are cheaper than fireworks. I don't know if i would call this a fireworks show as the overwhelming majority was projections.

The story seems a bit unorganized and a lot of stories just added just because.

LOL no it wasn't. It was 17 minutes of fireworks. #AlternativeFacts?

I do agree with your last sentence, believe it or not.

Disney4family

It depends on what you want to take from a show, some have a need to 'feel something' or an emotional connection, others just need to be impressed by what they see - the category I am in.
Fair point.
I guess my expectations for WDW is more than to be impressed. I guess I need the emotion and the connection.
That's one of the wonderful things about WDW. My WDW expectations and experiences are different than yours and yet when I see you there, we're both smiling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom