Wishes and HEA Returns (for cast appreciation)

Touchdown

While armchairing a MK 50th firework show, I always envisioned a Spectro tribute where it's the finale chorus/ farefare with big beautiful colorful fireworks and then the transition to all white shells with perimeter shots during the children's chorus. But hey, I'm not paid the big bucks the Enchantment team was, so what do I know?
You mean like Baroque Hoedown in Remember Dreams Come True? Yeah me too.

jrhwdw

Again I wonder why Enchantment took up most of this and MK didn't do a Full RDCT type show??????

For the record I do like Enchantment BUT, Last Night and seeing the Trolley Dancers in the Easter Pre Parade shows what MK is holding back from the Public!! That's a Problem we can all agree on!

I will admit that I was pleased that MK kept the same level of MMFF/FOF with the 4:30 Close yesterday!

Hopefully, more footage will end up on YT..... HEA's return cast Party got on YT.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here's a longer video of HEA intro in front of the castle....it sure got a nice glow-up 😍

Get rid of the pink (actually, faded salmon)!!

1651689181193.png

Salt in the wounds.

brb1006

Spectro, Wishes, AND Illuminations … I might have seized up.

Considering Magic Happens was announced at the last D23 Expo (despite being known on this site ahead of time), I hope this year's D23 might announce a brand new electrical parade for WDW. The resort deserves a brand new electrical that's actually original for once. A major reason, a lot of WDW fans are against PTN or MSEP being brought back to WDW is because those parade weren't originally designed for WDW (PTN for Hong Kong Disneyland and MSEP for DL before getting cloned for WDW and Tokyo).

jrhwdw

Would be interesting to know when This Show was made........This Spring? Back last fall and MK just went with the Enchantment Part instead?????

Scor1pion

Would love to see Wishes and HEA again. They can obviously have multiple shows ready to go.....so why don't they? Why do we get stuck with 1?

jrhwdw

Would love to see Wishes and HEA again. They can obviously have multiple shows ready to go.....so why don't they? Why do we get stuck with 1?
Valid question. Right now DL has DL Forever Fri-Sun, Mix Magic(just projections, not pyro) Mon-Thurs. Might be a first for a Disney Park???? Of course, come Memoral Weekend, it will just be DL Forever after that so maybe Disney doesn't like offering different shows throughout the week?

I don’t want to make last night un-special but MK really should use this or something better for the 50th Summer or the 50th Finale Season! Hey! TDR does Finale Seasons for their anniversaries!

Would be nice to see something positive about WDW in the News for a change..............

Vinnie Mac

Would be interesting to know when This Show was made........This Spring? Back last fall and MK just went with the Enchantment Part instead?????
I think this show started being produced in January. Remember the Twitter video of them testing the music back then?

Allyp

In the Parks
Yes
Yeah, hearing Wishes gave me insta tears last night. Keep in mind, most of the CM’s that were there started when Wishes was in it’s prime so of course that got the most reactions. It was an awesome night and it was so great to celebrate all the CM’s who have worked so hard for so many years! I believe there was even 27 CM’s who were celebrating 50 years!

SpectroMan93

While armchairing a MK 50th firework show, I always envisioned a Spectro tribute where it's the finale chorus/ farefare with big beautiful colorful fireworks and then the transition to all white shells with perimeter shots during the children's chorus. But hey, I'm not paid the big bucks the Enchantment team was, so what do I know?
My dream 50th was a Tokyo Dreamlights version of SpectroMagic and an anniversary tag added to HEA that included music from Wishes, Celebrate the Magic, and FITS.

And instead we got a cavalcade and Enchantment..

brb1006

My dream 50th was a Tokyo Dreamlights version of SpectroMagic and an anniversary tag added to HEA that included music from Wishes, Celebrate the Magic, and FITS.

And instead we got a cavalcade and Enchantment..
Which had nothing to do with Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary itself. Heck, Tokyo Disneyland's 35th Anniversary projection show was entirely focused on the park itself and it's attractions complete with an original score.

fgmnt

Speaking out of ignorance, it's interesting to me that they don't run alternating night shows in Epcot and Magic Kingdom. You could build shows that share a good 95% of the pyro and physical infrastructure, set it to different music and video, and garner more interest in the nighttime shows while gauging guest feedback.

Imagine alternating shows at MK that pay homage to the park and homage to the movies. A show at EPCOT about imagination runs on nights you don't have a show about the world.

Touchdown

Have never seen wishes but just hearing Jimminy Cricket and the music for this show really was something amazing. Reminds me of the Disneyland I used to know.
Imagine Remember Dreams Come True but instead of the amazing E ticket in the Sky Portion, you get more of characters giving their wishes (including Homer the Genie) to a lackluster pyro package on par with Mix Magic and with only minimal lighting effects (with the exception of the Sorcerer Mickey portion that admittedly looked great.)

I really, really, don’t get the fondness for Wishes. I went to MK at night back them excited to see Specto and ride rides, Wishes was just an extra show bonus but inferior in every way to every other night show back then (Fantasmic, Illuminations and Spectro)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom