Wine Bar George opening in Disney Springs late 2017

ABQ

So...about that wine bar. Skeptical if it's open by Christmas at this rate. Was there an estimate given when it was announced?

drwadadli

So, I going to go out on a limb here and try something...............getting thread back on track with the original subject of the thread.

Since George Miliotes is a Master Sommelier, I am curious to see if the wines offered will be worldly or region. I read that he is trying to use region selections of food to compliment the wines. Also, I am curious if the wines offered will be name-brand or others. Personally, I would hate to see common wines like Turning Leaf, Yellow Tail, etc. there as I would like to try wines I haven't heard or tasted before but yet a Master Sommelier think are worth tasting.

drwadadli

So...about that wine bar. Skeptical if it's open by Christmas at this rate. Was there an estimate given when it was announced?
I read an article/post from April 2017 that is looks like they are behind schedule and actually date might be closer to early 2018.

Gatorboy

Rose & Crown is no

Well if you are paying a higher price wouldn't you expect better quality.
Why do you people keep going for the straw man argument.

I am talking Disney food prices and cuisine, and you bring up airports and ballparks yet do not intelligently address the Disney prices. And YOU were the one who asked how we got on this food topic to begin with. We got here by ANOTHER Straw Man argument when they brought up big cities.

Nobody here can adequately defend Disney. They simply turn to another topic which I never brought up...the definition of a straw man argument.
Intelligently address what you consider an issue! Well let's address it. I think the food is as good as places you describe and at a price I find reasonable . I enjoy the atmosphere and the people who seem to also be enjoying themselves!!! I gave those unintelligent examples to show your comparisons are not apples to apples. I won't bother with a person hell bent on inflicting his opinion as the only intelligent thought. Good luck eating off site. Never ignored anyone on this site, congratulations on being the first

The Mom

Premium Member
So, I going to go out on a limb here and try something...............getting thread back on track with the original subject of the thread.

Since George Miliotes is a Master Sommelier, I am curious to see if the wines offered will be worldly or region. I read that he is trying to use region selections of food to compliment the wines. Also, I am curious if the wines offered will be name-brand or others. Personally, I would hate to see common wines like Turning Leaf, Yellow Tail, etc. there as I would like to try wines I haven't heard or tasted before but yet a Master Sommelier think are worth tasting.

That's my hope, also. I wonder if they will use the system I've seen at other wine bars. They put a bottle in, and it keeps it fresh. Then you purchase a card for whatever cost you choose, and you use it to get anything from a 1oz pour (just a taste) to a 6oz one. The wines all have various prices, so you can try a sip of a really high end wine, or a whole glass of something more affordable. Sort of like these -

https://www.neodistributing.com/

Is it sad that I can identify a lot of these wines by the label? I hope they bring in some new (to me) ones. ;)

drwadadli

That's my hope, also. I wonder if they will use the system I've seen at other wine bars. They put a bottle in, and it keeps it fresh. Then you purchase a card for whatever cost you choose, and you use it to get anything from a 1oz pour (just a taste) to a 6oz one. The wines all have various prices, so you can try a sip of a really high end wine, or a whole glass of something more affordable. Sort of like these -

https://www.neodistributing.com/

Is it sad that I can identify a lot of these wines by the label? I hope they bring in some new (to me) ones. ;)
I have seen those systems too but I would hate to lose the personal contact. We go to several wineries a year (at one point was trying to hit every winery in our home state of Virginia but got to 71 out of over 300 before leaving the state) and we like the personal contact of talking to the people about the wines, the winery and the grapes. Same as when we got to the local pub that has local craft beers. If it is one I (we) haven't heard of, we can talk to the bartender about it and listen to how they describe the beer.

We stopped in one wine bar that had the wine booths set up in the middle of the room and just insert the card, get your taste and move on. That doesn't do it for us. It is almost like doing the Coke Refreshment at Epcot. No one to describe the wine or talk about the winery.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member

We also hope that the offerings are more varied, and not all "name" brands. The problem is that some people are unwilling to try new things, and so we believe that they will at least have some of the name brand wines. We all hope it isn't the majority!

drwadadli

We also hope that the offerings are more varied, and not all "name" brands. The problem is that some people are unwilling to try new things, and so we believe that they will at least have some of the name brand wines. We all hope it isn't the majority!
I completely agree and understand that. You have to cater to them as well. That is like going into Raglan Road and still seeing Miller on draft or Budweiser, Bud Light, and Coors in bottles.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, June 10. The concrete block walls have risen above the construction fence.

IMG_9703.JPG

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Monday, July 3. With the first story concrete block in place, the scale of the building and its proximity to the existing buildings is visually apparent. The building will extend out into the walkway and narrow the gap between the amphitheater seating area at The Landing.

IMG_9780.JPG

IMG_9776.JPG

IMG_9779.JPG

IMG_9777.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom