Wine at WDW

Bravesfn1

Any wine drinkers out there? Anybody know where I could get a good bottle of wine at WDW, not during the food and wine festival? I prefer red to whites, but will try anything. Any recommendations? Where is your favorite place to go for wine at WDW? What are some of types that you have tried there?

polynesiangirl

We've foudn Califronia Grill has a good selection of wines (that whole California wine country/cuisine thing is a big factor there,) and my dad who is a huge red wine fan liked Artist Point when we were there too. I haven't been legally old enough to drink long enough to tell you specific brands but we've always found Cali Grill to have a good selection.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I loved the sweet Reisling at Le Cellier in the Canada pavilion in EPCOT. Also dont forget the Bellinis over in Italy. It is champagne mixed with peach nectar YUMMY!!! Belle

Upvote 0

saucymb

We're not big drinkers, not even wine drinkers...but we discovered Rosa Regale in Italy at the F&W festival last year. But they do sell it by the glass and by the bottle in the little wine and chocolate shop in the Italian Pavilion. It's a red sparkling wine, rather sweet, and it's meant to be a dessert wine. Goes great with chocolate! We found it at home as well at Total Wine, for about the same price as at WDW.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Bravesfn1 said:
Any wine drinkers out there? Anybody know where I could get a good bottle of wine at WDW, not during the food and wine festival? I prefer red to whites, but will try anything. Any recommendations? Where is your favorite place to go for wine at WDW? What are some of types that you have tried there?

Jiko's - The Cooking Place, located at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, has the largest collection of African wines in the United States.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I think that Italy, Germany, and France still have wine tastings in their wine shops. You pay a certain price (around$10) and get to sample three wines.

The AKL lounge also has a wide selection of South African wines by the glass. It's very realxing to sit there by the indoor waterfall.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
saucymb said:
We're not big drinkers, not even wine drinkers...but we discovered Rosa Regale in Italy at the F&W festival last year. But they do sell it by the glass and by the bottle in the little wine and chocolate shop in the Italian Pavilion. It's a red sparkling wine, rather sweet, and it's meant to be a dessert wine. Goes great with chocolate! We found it at home as well at Total Wine, for about the same price as at WDW.

I love Rosa Regale. :slurp:

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
wannabeBelle said:
I loved the sweet Reisling at Le Cellier in the Canada pavilion in EPCOT. Also dont forget the Bellinis over in Italy. It is champagne mixed with peach nectar YUMMY!!! Belle

I love Bellinis! :slurp: We add peach liqueur (when we can find it) or peach schnapps (when we can't) along with the nectar and champagne. Yummy. :animwink: It also makes a great marinade for less than tasty peaches (which is what you tend to get in early/late season) in a peach shortcake.

Upvote 0

fngoofy

Hello,

There are the wine shops in Epcot (as mentioned above, France, Germany, and Italy.) There are also shops in the Contemporary, DTD, and Boardwalk.

Probably some others, but those are the ones I'm sure of (well fairly sure of.)

I would work the ones in Epcot so as to have some sort of theme to your purchases. The shops at the Contemporary and Boardwalk are going to have mainly pedestrian fair, the Epcot shops will bring a bit of variety if nothing else.

Have fun.

Upvote 0

crazycalf

I know nothing about wine, but Victoria and Albert's has a wine list that is about an inch thick.
I guess there are some good ones, we just ordered the house reisling. It was very good.

Upvote 0

PixyDust

I love to go to der Weinkeller in Germany and pick up a bottle of Reisling. I bring wine glasses and a corkscrew from home, and we enjoy the bottle back in the room when we get the kids to sleep early. ;)

Upvote 0

evanssc

crazycalf said:
I know nothing about wine, but Victoria and Albert's has a wine list that is about an inch thick.
I guess there are some good ones, we just ordered the house reisling. It was very good.

You will find the best of the best at Victoria and Albert's. We were lucky enough to eat there two years ago and enjoyed a glass of what was at that time the number one ranked wine in the world by Wine Spectator.

Also Artist Point at WL has nice selection of Oregon and Washington state reds. I recently posted their current wine list. You can check it out here:http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=54665&highlight=artist+point+wine+list

Hope you enjoy

Upvote 0

Bravesfn1

Original Poster
I think I'll hit the California Grill when I am there. They look like a good place to go. Probably grab some sushi and a pinot and plan around watching the fireworks from the MK.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom