Will we be trampled?

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Also, the constant litany of people blowing horns all night from as soon as they are passed out in the afternoon can take some getting used to, as does the contemporary beat-heavy "Todayland" music and loud DJ chatter that replaces the traditional music loops on the parkwide audio system, and this kills the illusion of being in the western frontier, an exotic jungle, or the lands of storybook fantasy and futurism.

God, those horns. I've never done WDW on NYE, but I did spend a visit at DL about 8 or 9 years ago. We walked into the MK and I rode Space Mountain and walked around for about 10 minutes before those horns started to drive me seriously crazy. After no more than 30 min in the park, I told my family "Come on, we're heading over to DCA, if have to listen to those all night, I need to be drinking."

I think I've grown up a bit since then and would most likely have a different take on it now, but this is a warning not to pass over. If the sound of the vuvuzella's drove you crazy while watching the World Cup this year, you might want to invest in some ear plugs.

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?

ttalovebug

But you know, it's fun to check out the MK fireworks on Dec. 30. They do it exactly the same as they do on NYE, and while it is crowded, it's still not as bad as the next day. That's what I do, you still get to have a hand in the fun, and then I stay home the next day. :wave:

jvenegas

:eek:We'll be at WDW from 12/29-01/09 and were planning to hit EPCOT for NYE.

But after seeing those pictures I'm guessing we'll be doing some rethinking.

We've done NYE at MK and DHS and it was great, but I don't recall seeing so huge a crowd as hose pictures have, it's c-r-a-z-y!!

We'll see. Maybe we decide to man up and do it anyway.

TuffyCatt

So, my family is planning on doing NYE at Epcot this year. We've never done NYE in any of the parks before, so I'm hoping we're going to prepared for this. My mom, who is very good at planning ahead, got us ADR's for BOTH lunch and dinner in Epcot on December 31. We'll be doing lunch at Le Cellier and dinner at Les Chefs de France. Was this a good idea? I think her reasoning was that if we have ADRs we'll be able to escape from the crowds for a while during the day. I'm just hoping we'll be able to fight through the crowds to get to the restaurants ok...

Anyone else who's braved Epcot on December 31 have any tips so that we can have a fun, un-stressful experience? I really want us to enjoy this!

raven

they are all crowded, but EPCOT is the WORST and usually goes into several phases of the closings.

False. Epcot still lets people in no matter what the count is on NYE. Last year is was roughly 65,000 from park opening to park closing. The year before was 72,000. An average day at Epcot is anywhere from 20,000 to 35,000.

MarkTwain

But you know, it's fun to check out the MK fireworks on Dec. 30. They do it exactly the same as they do on NYE, and while it is crowded, it's still not as bad as the next day. That's what I do, you still get to have a hand in the fun, and then I stay home the next day. :wave:

Shhhhhh... that's one of my best-kept secrets!

We've been watching the New Years fireworks the day before New Years for years now. :ROFLOL: Then we'll hit up the Grand Floridian party, the Boardwalk, or the Polynesian beach on the next day for the real deal.

Erin_Akey

False. Epcot still lets people in no matter what the count is on NYE. Last year is was roughly 65,000 from park opening to park closing. The year before was 72,000. An average day at Epcot is anywhere from 20,000 to 35,000.

Interesting because I distinctly remember hearing the CMs talk about EPCOT being at the first phase where they close the parking lot to vehicles coming in and only those using Disney transportation were being allowed in. This was about 4pm. Also at that point MK was I believe at the third phase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom