Will There Every Be a 5th Major Park?

flavious27

As long as it was in California, I guarantee you the quality would still be there. Why? Because the HEAD HONCHOS are based just a few towns away. Not to mention all the local AP'ers would be up in arms if things weren't kept to a T. They're all about keeping them coming back out there! :animwink:
Here, while the resort is huge, theres tens of thousands of people working there, as well as tons and tons of managers. They're just huge penny pushers down here. Heck, look at how they didn't even want to spend the money to upgrade Star Tours...that had to be FORCED on them by the boys in Burbank!

It makes the case that Walt Disney Parks and Resorts management should be based in florida and not burbank.

DisneyMusician2

It makes the case that Walt Disney Parks and Resorts management should be based in florida and not burbank.

It wouldn't make sense to move the entire management operation to Orlando, as all of their other holdings are really based in Hollywood (movie studios, tv, etc.).

As much as I would love them to move the entire company to improve the WDW regional parks, it wouldn't be good business.

Disday

We as Disney fans can't really know the inner workings of Team Orlando. We're forced to read about it from people like Al Lutz who has his own Disneyland biased opinion. If you've read his column for a while you know that he and his team love to point out the negatives about WDW while putting Disneyland on a pedestal. It's simple Disney World envy.:)

flavious27

It wouldn't make sense to move the entire management operation to Orlando, as all of their other holdings are really based in Hollywood (movie studios, tv, etc.).

As much as I would love them to move the entire company to improve the WDW regional parks, it wouldn't be good business.

huh? i mentioned moving the parks and resorts division, not all of disney co.

juniorthomas

Agreed, selling the stores to a 3rd party was just a bad decision that stems from the business philosophy that outsourcing and taking licensing fees is better than having a direct oversight.

I do like that pins and some park merch is available on-line, it is smart and will not cannibalize park merch sales though some floriday ebay sellers will be upset.

Agreed. Limited park merchandise sales appeases some, adds new materials to the online store, and does so in a way that makes people still want to shop on property.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I wonder...if we were all on the internet back in 1995-96 whether we'd be discussing if Disney will ever build a 4th park and would people be saying "but they never finished building MGM Studios yet, they really need to add a lot more there first"

Most of us think that Disney building a 5th park isn't logical, but that hasn't stopped them before

NoChesterHester

I wonder...if we were all on the internet back in 1995-96 whether we'd be discussing if Disney will ever build a 4th park and would people be saying "but they never finished building MGM Studios yet, they really need to add a lot more there first"

Most of us think that Disney building a 5th park isn't logical, but that hasn't stopped them before

The Internet has changed everything about fandom. We never had an outlet before for public debates. It has changed the way news is delivered and also the expectation level.

Chevross

This has already been mentioned, either in this topic or another, but right after DHS was built plans were already underway for another park, within 5 years major discussions had happened and an announcement of expansion was made.

Now in today's world that information would be a lot harder to keep hush-hush. I think we would know well in advance if a 5th park was coming even without official word from Disney. Who knows, if what we guessed were true it may even force Disney's hand to announce.

flavious27

This has already been mentioned, either in this topic or another, but right after DHS was built plans were already underway for another park, within 5 years major discussions had happened and an announcement of expansion was made.

Now in today's world that information would be a lot harder to keep hush-hush. I think we would know well in advance if a 5th park was coming even without official word from Disney. Who knows, if what we guessed were true it may even force Disney's hand to announce.

Very true, with just our access to the permits alone we can see part of what happens. The free exchange of pictures and videos of the progress of the parks also keeps nothing hush hush.

juniorthomas

Nobody could say that Disney wont build a 5th park with absolute certainty. As such, its fair to say that Disney will be making a 5th gate at the World. Its more fair to point out, however, that this 5th gate will happen sometime between now and the year 3000.

bruce1959

I want everyone to know that I talked to a Disney Bus Driver today and he said a new park is on the way opening in 2019. What luck that I stumbled across this information.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom