Will there be a witch/queen in seven dwarfs mine train?

MarkTwain

OK...I never knew about that one. Is it still there? Could it have fallen prey to the elements?

Funny story about that, actually. The barker bird was installed the same time as the other Enchanted Tiki Room birds, which together were the first AAs in the world. The story goes that with Adventureland already being the most congested of Disneyland's lands, there major crowding issues with people gathering around and watching the barker bird. It had to be removed as a result.

ExtinctJenn

Which Dinosaur was this?
Negative. I was referring to the dinosaur used in the Splashtacular show at Epcot. Lucky was rarely out in the elements like that.

Funny story about that, actually. The barker bird was installed the same time as the other Enchanted Tiki Room birds, which together were the first AAs in the world. The story goes that with Adventureland already being the most congested of Disneyland's lands, there major crowding issues with people gathering around and watching the barker bird. It had to be removed as a result.
Yep I've heard the same thing and actually I saw a video recently (that of course I can't find now to save my life) of a crowd of folks outside watching him, so it makes sense I guess. :)

NADisney

Back to the Queen/ Witch... It would be nice to see imagineering take one of the new towers , and add a window facing the dwarfs cottage , mine, and forest..The Queen would open, and closed the window curtains to look out while the mirror glowed green behind her..and on a small table would be a basket of apples, and the heart box ..there could also be a small candle to give that eire reflextion on the queens face at night.

The queen use to do the window curtains in the snow white attraction before the remodel, and she still does it at Disneyland's snow white attraction before you enter the que.

Attachments

• WDW - 2012 - The Evil Queen in the window tower - Snow White's Scary Adventures attraction.jpg
    WDW - 2012 - The Evil Queen in the window tower - Snow White's Scary Adventures attraction.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 110

Clowd Nyne

T
Back to the Queen/ Witch... It would be nice to see imagineering take one of the new towers , and add a window facing the dwarfs cottage , mine, and forest..The Queen would open, and closed the window curtains to look out while the mirror glowed green behind her..and on a small table would be a basket of apples, and the heart box ..there could also be a small candle to give that eire reflextion on the queens face at night.

The queen use to do the window curtains in the snow white attraction before the remodel, and she still does it at Disneyland's snow white attraction before you enter the que.

This would be great SWSA was always a favorite of mine. I love the more creepy attractions. Haunted mansion, pirates, and Tower of Terror being up there as well. I would hate to see this villain get pushed out of MK.

pppapazo

One thing I don't get is the scene in the ride where the Dwarfs march across the log. How will they do that? Will they actually move across the log, or just walk in place singing "Hi ho", and so on (which would seem kind of silly, like Ariel's soft-serve hairdo in the Mermaid ride)?

I don't believe that the Dwarfs marching across the log were in the latest concept art or the D23 model, and I'd be surprised if they made the final cut.

pppapazo

It's my diagram that someone cleaned up a bit. Surely I didn't put the arrow in backwards...

I really prefer that version of the ride. Longer and more complex.

I wouldn't have argued against a longer ride, but I did read an interview with an Imagineer in which they said the track layout changed when they discovered that the thrill provided by the swinging mine carts was higher in big "S" curves than in corkscrews. I can see how the newer design would maximize the swing angle off of the vertical.

Anyway, it's an interesting rationale for what, one first view, looks like a mere budget cut. I'll try to find the article.

luv

It appears that Disney does not want to make anything that isn't appropriate for preschoolers. U doubt there will be anything on this ride that would frighten every the most scaredy-cat 4yo.

The Evil Queen is my favorite and I'd love to see her make an appearance, even if it must be dumbed-down.

Pixiedustmaker

I don't believe that the Dwarfs marching across the log were in the latest concept art or the D23 model, and I'd be surprised if they made the final cut.

It seems like such a scene would work beautifully with the ride, and would be relatively easy to build. You two "logs" going over the mine train's path, and you make it so that the Dwarfs "march" in a circle over one log, around some rocks/plants, and back over the other log. Give somebody $50,000 to build a prototype.

Pixiedustmaker

It appears that Disney does not want to make anything that isn't appropriate for preschoolers. U doubt there will be anything on this ride that would frighten every the most scaredy-cat 4yo.

The Evil Queen is my favorite and I'd love to see her make an appearance, even if it must be dumbed-down.

Based on the "pre-vis" this ride really has a dramatic swaying motion, plus it obviously moves faster than any dark ride, don't think that age was a primary concern as a lot of parents won't take little kids on such a roller coaster (seems to jostle you more than Great Goofini) . . . if you're old enough to go on this roller coaster, you're old enough to see a witch, oh and they'll probably be a height restriction so a lot of pre-schoolers *won't* be able to ride.

I think we all know that it came down to money issues.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom