Will the "REAL" Wiggles & Doodlebops be at MGM?

latoberg

Dan Zanes is awesome

We just went to see The Wiggles in Tulsa and they were great. I love The Wiggles. And I'm 35. 7 year old is too grown up for them though.

Doodlebops .... umm... no.

The Mickey Magic may be interesting.

Johnny and the Sprite...ummm..no.

But Dan Zanes is out of this world cool. "All around the kitchen..Cockadoodledoodledoo." I would love to see him when we are there in late Sept. I wish they would get those dates confirmed.

bamafan64

My 2 year old loves the doodlebops. It is a must everytime time they are on. She loves to play games on their website. The wiggles are an absolutely no.

brich

scpergj said:
That's them....my kids and I call them "the Poodledrops"...:drevil:
So that's the Doodledrops huh? Back when I was a kid, we called them KISS and they played a much better genre of music!! :D

CoffeeJedi

We don't have any kids yet. I know that my wife's 2 year old cousin loves the Wiggles, no idea about the Doodlebops however.

From you parents out there, what makes one group OK, but not the other? I've seen both opinions in this thread, i'm curious.

PixyDust

Mecha Figment said:
i'm suprised nobody is asking about Mickey's magic show.

this is the new Disney Live show from what I understand and it will be showing first at MGM studios.

The Disney Live show is in Charlotte July 9. I know because we are taking my daughter for her birthday.

Mecha Figment

Mecha Figment said:
i'm suprised nobody is asking about Mickey's magic show.

this is the new Disney Live show from what I understand and it will be showing first at MGM studios. It will feature all the VIP's in their new talking heads. thats right the mouths and eyes move blink and respond to the track.

The cool part about this show is this is simply a development prototype for what they want in the parks in the near future.

just thought you should know.

really? I guess they fixed the problems they were having. Are you sure it's the Mickeys'' magic show or is it the previous winnie the pooh version.

KevinPage

Original Poster
CoffeeJedi said:
We don't have any kids yet. I know that my wife's 2 year old cousin loves the Wiggles, no idea about the Doodlebops however.

From you parents out there, what makes one group OK, but not the other? I've seen both opinions in this thread, i'm curious.

Being a veteran of watching BOTH shows alot I can say this with much authority:

Wiggles: just fun, once you get past the weirdness of a bunch of guys singing and dancing. They don't try too hard (most of the time). The songs are really catchy and the characters are interesting. It's a fun sillyness.

Doodlebops: performers try waaaaaaay too hard, and it comes across as annoying. The songs are horrible, they have a white bus driving "rapping" every episode, a fat lady who rhymes(the original was a heavy set black female, but they recently replaced her with a FATTER & older black female - talk about stereotyping a role). And the general premise of the show (aliens as a rock band) is moronic.

Not to mention that the Wiggles are Australian & Doodlebops are Canadian.
Canada is only good for 2 things:

bacon
Daniel Cook

:drevil: :drevil: :drevil:

JimboJones123

KevinPage said:

Wiggles: just fun, once you get past the weirdness of a bunch of guys singing and dancing. They don't try too hard (most of the time). The songs are really catchy and the characters are interesting. It's a fun sillyness.

Doodlebops: performers try waaaaaaay too hard, and it comes across as annoying. The songs are horrible, they have a white bus driving "rapping" every episode, a fat lady who rhymes(the original was a heavy set black female, but they recently replaced her with a FATTER & older black female - talk about stereotyping a role). And the general premise of the show (aliens as a rock band) is moronic.

bacon
Daniel Cook

Should I be creeped out that my daughter wants a Wiggles sleeping bag? Am I wrong for feeling this way?

brisem

JimboJones123 said:
Should I be creeped out that my daughter wants a Wiggles sleeping bag? Am I wrong for feeling this way?
It could be worse--it could be a Michael Jackson sleeping bag

mhead

KevinPage said:

bacon
Daniel Cook

Gotta tell you, I agree with your assessment, but in REVERSE! Wiggles are creepy and seemed forced to me, Doodlebops much more fun!
Of course my daughter enjoys both but I am trying hard to get her away from the Wiggles.

applelific

For some reason my daughter is obssesed with the Doodlebops.....i guess its all the colors going on....it reminds me of a show i used to watch when i was little ..zoobolie zoo...it was on in he 80s.....the doodlebops is a newer version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom