Will the "REAL" Wiggles & Doodlebops be at MGM?

Unplugged

KevinPage said:
Being a veteran of watching BOTH shows alot I can say this with much authority:

Wiggles: just fun, once you get past the weirdness of a bunch of guys singing and dancing.

Doodlebops: The songs are horrible,... And the general premise of the show (aliens as a rock band) is moronic.

I have to agree completely. We have outlawed the Doodlebops in our home as we find them creepy. I have friend from Sydney who filled me in on history of the Wiggles (in addition to what I found on their web site). Seems like a bunch of decent guys doing some society give-back that's turned out to make a very fair career. (Now who's laughing at them as they drive their shiny red car to the St. George Bank?)

3fordisney

Love the Wiggles! Can't stand the Doodlebops. We got past grown men dancing and singing because the songs are catchy and the dances easy to do. The doodlebops are soo odd. The dances they do are cheerleader/danceline style that is difficult for little ones to imitate. The songs and storylines are strange and I struggle to see the educational value of the Doodlebops. And the characters.... Oh my!:veryconfu

The Wiggles concerts are great. We have been to 2 and it was very entertaining. My husband was surprised that he would be entertained at the concert.

My little one still likes the Wiggles, but could take or leave the Doodlebops.

KevinPage

Original Poster
hypercatmatt04 said:
I support Daniel Cook.
He is a genius.

My daughter loves in the intro/outro when he drops the ice cream. She anticpiates it coming and points/laughs.

I like singing the theme song to the show and using "dirty phrases" as substitutes, which disturbs/drives my wife crazy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

As I kindly remind her, half the fun of marrying her is in ing her off :drevil: :drevil: :drevil:

KevinPage

Original Poster
3fordisney said:
The songs and storylines are strange and I struggle to see the educational value of the Doodlebops. And the characters.... Oh my!:veryconfu

I agree with you on that one. Not to mention that lame concert at the end of every show and you can tell it's the same crowd used over and over and over.
Sick of seeing that meatball sized head on one kid and his mother(who wears glasses).

I prefer to be toot toot chugga chugging in my big red car and rock a bye'ing a bear anyways :lol: :lol: :lol:

KevinPage

Original Poster
Lee said:
*Thanking my lucky stars I don't have kids...*:sohappy:

...just so you can play with Wags the Dog and Dorothy the Dinosaur all by yourself.

We all know you "Do the Wiggle Groove" & "Point your fingers and do the twist" every morning anyways. Why not have someone to share that with :wave:

t_zeke77

doodlebops

my son likes to watch the wiggles and the doodlebops, so i'm forced to watch them.:hammer: if you watch the doodlebops closely, rooney and mo( i know their names:cry: :hammer: :brick: :hurl: ) are a little on the GAY side. Their actions and voices say it all. GAY DOODLEBOPS!!!!:eek:

mhochman

t_zeke77 said:
if you watch the doodlebops closely, rooney and mo( i know their names:cry: :hammer: :brick: :hurl: ) are a little on the GAY side. Their actions and voices say it all. GAY DOODLEBOPS!!!!:eek:

And?

sillyspook13

Point of view of somebody who watches all of these shows with my 2 year old niece:

Wiggles: Aside from my niece I think I'm the only one in my family who can tolerate the Wiggles. Looks like I'll be the one making that trip with Emily.

Doodlebops: They creep me out, but I watch the last 2-3 minutes just to see Mo breakdance.....:animwink:

Johnny and the Sprites: Don't care for the show, but I really want to go see it because Johnny=John Tartaglia= Avenue Q= :slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

KevinPage

Original Poster
sillyspook13 said:
Johnny and the Sprites: Don't care for the show, but I really want to go see it because Johnny=John Tartaglia= Avenue Q= :slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

Come on, you love it when Miss Mogelstew (sp?) peers her face over the fence and starts whining and complaining:

"well keep it down over there, my girdle is starting to really get me turned on"

:drevil: :drevil: :drevil:

midnightshowx0

wow, you guys are WAY too hard on the Doodlebops. They are some of the nicest people you will ever meet.Their concerts are so much fun and the kids always get so into it. Their "Get on the Bus" live canadian tour was so cute. I can't wait for the shows at Disney World. I'll be at all of them. The Doodles are really looking forward to performing there.

TheLittleMerman

sillyspook13 said:

Agreed! I am in love with "Avenue Q".

I might go to a show just to try and meet Tartaglia.

Since1976

We don't get Disney Channel, but we spent a week on vacation in a hotel that did, and we watched The Wiggles and The Doodlebops with our 2 year old EVERY MORNING. She loved watching the shows, and I must admit I have the songs stuck in my head -- but a week of that stuff is about all I think I can take!

fandang0diva

you guys would rather take your children to see a bunch of 30-40 year olds singing to little kids then see the Doodlebops? who happen to be in their 20s. my lord. There is something wrong when middle-aged men start singing to kids. Where did i see that? MICHAEL JACKSON!???

Do you guys even know what they look like out of costume? A lot better then the wiggles if you ask me.

Deedee and Rooney (Lisa and Chad)
0.jpg

Deedee Doodle (Lisa Lennox)
lisa26.jpg

lisa7.jpg

Rooney Doodle (Chad Mcnamara)
chad3.jpg

chaddy2.jpg

Moe Doodle (Jonathan Wexler)
jon3.jpg

jonwex.jpg

Unlike the Wiggles, the Doodlebop songs are a lot more...mature you could say. In the sense of getting kids into music more. Introducing different styles of dance as well. The Wiggles keep singing the same ol tune in the same old wiggly fashion. really annoying if you ask me.

and all you wiggle fans, dont get your pants in a bunch, just... go eat some fruit salad.:slurp:

Fran98765

My son is 3 now. About a year and a half ago we went to the Wiggles concert. He absolutely loved it, the adults enjoyed it too. He picked up on Wiggles very young and still likes them. We gave Doodlebops a try when they started and he never liked them. He would get up and leave the room when they came on. I never cared for the show either.

PintoColvig

fandang0diva said:
you guys would rather take your children to see a bunch of 30-40 year olds singing to little kids then see the Doodlebops? who happen to be in their 20s. my lord. There is something wrong when middle-aged men start singing to kids. Where did i see that? MICHAEL JACKSON!???

I'm not sure the Michael Jackson crack was funny or fair to the Wiggles. If I had to choose which show--The Wiggles or Doodlebops--most reminded me of MJ, it would have to be Doodlebops because they are the most alien-looking. If I'm not mistaken, all the Wiggles are dads and some of their kids appear in their videos. There's nothing wrong with dad's singing to kids, IMO. Doodlebops? There's just something not right there. My opinion, of course, but they just seem weird. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom