Will the Pandemic Curb the Price Increases?

Willmark

Disney has been horribly overpirced for years and at the same time paradoxically too "cheap" At some point Disney needs to decide if they are premium and offer a premium experience or not. And staying a Deluxe at Disney isn't Premium outside of maybe Grand Floridan.

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

I don't know if you know Bluffton SC at all but it's been full steam ahead during this crisis. Construction has not stopped at all. We're not a big city but construction has been hitting a huge demand the last couple of years and it is full on for how big we are. Hate to say it reminds of about 2007. I do know spec homes have stopped being built as of the last month and everyone is leary of starting anything new. The other side is everything under way is continuing. Just that is a year worth of building.

We'll see how this works out but the strange thing is a bunch of people from big cities up North seem to think it's time to leave there for SC. I know realtors making sales right now. Question is, is there a bunch of people with enough money up North to say, "To Hell with this I'm done and out of here." ????? I don't know how this will turn out but I can say our hospitals are laying off people from lack of demand. Sorry we just aren't dying as predicted. The rest of their business is gone.

We really don't need a wave of people from the North but I can see that happening, actually it has been happening for years but we really don't need a load of people moving here. Don't know what will happen here?

Same in the Charleston area; presales and what is already vertical will carry to 2021....Atlanta is still seeing specs, but Atlanta is not the greatest of Markets since the 2k crash(es).

The migration to the South is what solidified homes prices and is the reason house prices have appreciated so tremendously.

Not sure what you mean when you say "don't need a load of people moving here"

Dad 2 M & M

IMHO we don't care how you did it where you came from. "Leave that behind if you move here" is the consensus. Population density, politics, and values.
?? In construction, it is very prevalent be an outsider......when we capture work, our local peer trade partner group tends to have issues with us "not being from around here". I can imagine how the transfer homeowners are welcomed.

This is in response to the collective "we" in your comment above.

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
?? In construction, it is very prevalent be an outsider......when we capture work, our local peer trade partner group tends to have issues with us being "not from around here". I can imagine how the transfer homeowners are welcomed.

This is in response to the collective "we" in your comment above.

Southerners while overall welcoming and cordial to visitors, tend to be cliquish when it comes to residents.

Randyland

This will depend on whether they will able to allow large crowds into the Parks.

They may need to allow only a small number of guests in, and then the prices will be 100 times what they are now...

A park for only the super rich to enjoy without massive crowds.

$10,000 tickets for a one day pass with early closing times and limited entertainment...

One great thing would be the END of Fast Pass+...!

carnini

I agree, it’s logical to raise prices to make back some money and hope to lower crowds by pricing some folks out.
BUT
MNSSHP is way to crowded!!!! The capacity must be cut way below what we see at the Christmas and Halloween parties!!!! Those parties are MOBBED!
So agree the halloween party is so crowded, went in end of september and it was nutso.

Disstevefan1

Heard that....unless you attend a MNSSHP in August or September, or a MVMCP in EARLY November as those were decent lower crowds. Otherwise they were really crowded. We were enjoying the After Hours and wondered when those were going to start being crowded.....

Pre COVID, we wanted to try the after hours event too before they get as mobbed as the Halloween and Christmas parties. In the post COVID world, these after hours events may be a way to avoid crowds, but, then everyone will attend to avoid the crowds and then these will be crowded!!🤪

Dad 2 M & M

Pre COVID, we wanted to try the after hours event too before they get as mobbed as the Halloween and Christmas parties. In the post COVID world, these after hours events may be a way to avoid crowds, but, then everyone will attend to avoid the crowds and then these will be crowded!!🤪
Then, and I say THEN the attraction of the After Hours was to avoid the crowds by paying a supreme up charge. Most did not see the value, or were in the "how dare Disney" group that kept those crowds low.

Looking forward, there will be a new group that see the "value" in avoiding crowds.......to your point creating tremendous crowds in the After Hours

Dad 2 M & M

Disney has been horribly overpirced for years and at the same time paradoxically too "cheap" At some point Disney needs to decide if they are premium and offer a premium experience or not. And staying a Deluxe at Disney isn't Premium outside of maybe Grand Floridan.
Horribly overpriced and "cheap" and the peeps kept coming....so much to a point the After Hours were REALLY attractive. Over priced, but each week MK and AK was having an After Hours.....

Disney does have the problem or keeping the standard (pre- covid standard), or moving to premium experience or not.

I can't see moving to full premium as the target guest(s) would be reduced too much. The dilemma, again pre-covid, was Disney kept raising prices, cutting experiences/costs/hours/adding hard ticket events and the crowds kept coming.

It was prevalent to hear "money grab" with every price increase, added hard ticket, cut in hours/Extra Magic Hours, adding resort fees, while the entire time everyone knew people were going to accept without much resistance (might complain but keep coming). It was amazing to see just how far Disney could go without reduction in the crowds.......the entire time operating on an Inelastic Demand Curve

Willmark

Horribly overpriced and "cheap" and the peeps kept coming....so much to a point the After Hours were REALLY attractive. Over priced, but each week MK and AK was having an After Hours.....

Disney does have the problem or keeping the standard (pre- covid standard), or moving to premium experience or not.

I can't see moving to full premium as the target guest(s) would be reduced too much. The dilemma, again pre-covid, was Disney kept raising prices, cutting experiences/costs/hours/adding hard ticket events and the crowds kept coming.

It was prevalent to hear "money grab" with every price increase, added hard ticket, cut in hours/Extra Magic Hours, adding resort fees, while the entire time everyone knew people were going to accept without much resistance (might complain but keep coming). It was amazing to see just how far Disney could go without reduction in the crowds.......the entire time operating on an Inelastic Demand Curve
Don't disagree with any of this.

To add though, they have seen just how non-essential they are. I have to wonder if going forward they adjust or go back to the previous.

Djsfantasi

Hi! I’m starting a small family entertainment business. A good friend, who is/has been CFO for many small to medium companies, warned me that people are going to have less disposable income. But my business analyst says in times like these, families INCREASE their entertainment budget. I like me analysts viewpoint!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Have you been to Walmart? I have seen more people buying big screen televisions and non essential items.

I do think people will be scared but once Disney says they are open. It will be packed.
Lol. Not sure if using people you see at one Walmart is great evidence that people are spending like you say.

Lol...yep...that’s why Disney is always camped out in the walmart parking lot doing market research
I can one up that. I know at least 5 different families /people who have purchased brand new cars.
Lol...based off unemployment checks?

...they’ll be repoed in 3 months.

Actually...if you’re stable it’s a very good time to look to buy a car. But in a few months when they’re in real trouble. Too soon.

John park hopper

I don't know if you know Bluffton SC at all but it's been full steam ahead during this crisis. Construction has not stopped at all. We're not a big city but construction has been hitting a huge demand the last couple of years and it is full on for how big we are. Hate to say it reminds of about 2007. I do know spec homes have stopped being built as of the last month and everyone is leary of starting anything new. The other side is everything under way is continuing. Just that is a year worth of building.

We'll see how this works out but the strange thing is a bunch of people from big cities up North seem to think it's time to leave there for SC. I know realtors making sales right now. Question is, is there a bunch of people with enough money up North to say, "To Hell with this I'm done and out of here." ????? I don't know how this will turn out but I can say our hospitals are laying off people from lack of demand. Sorry we just aren't dying as predicted. The rest of their business is gone.

We really don't need a wave of people from the North but I can see that happening, actually it has been happening for years but we really don't need a load of people moving here. Don't know what will happen here?
I could not agree with you more. I am in Mcclellanville and its small town pop 1000 (used to be 500) Unfortunately people move in for the layed back life style yet they want to change it into where they came from. My answer to that don't come here

NelleBelle

Lol...yep...that’s why Disney is always camped out in the walmart parking lot doing market research

Lol...based off unemployment checks?

...they’ll be repoed in 3 months.

Actually...if you’re stable it’s a very good time to look to buy a car. But in a few months when they’re in real trouble. Too soon.
I know several people who are employed (teachers) who make a fairly decent living and recurved a stimulus check—they could buy a big ticket item if they wanted with that check. That’s what I find so crazy with those checks—people who desperately need them can’t get them fast enough and then there are those where it’s just extra $$ in their pocket. I get that it is to “stimulate” spending for the economy but it just seems silly when there are so many people you see in the food bank lines 😕

RoadiJeff

We bought a new car 5 days ago. During price negotiations, we soon discovered that car dealers, at least the one we visited, are not as eager to offer big discounts as we thought they would be.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We bought a new car 5 days ago. During price negotiations, we soon discovered that car dealers, at least the one we visited, are not as eager to offer big discounts as we thought they would be.
...interesting...

I’m in the market...but not really itching to commit. Think I’ll let it burn for Awhile.

My BIL Bought a subaru with no real incentive the other day. He’s the kind that claims to be a financial genius and yet does selectively stupid things

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom