Will the Pandemic Curb the Price Increases?

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
Do you think the pandemic will have a positive influence on the price increases we have been seeing?

Do you think 2021 will be a good year for specials and discounts?

I feel like they will have to offer some sort of incentive for people to feel 100% comfortable with the idea of being in a crowded park again.

disney4life2008

Don't count on it. We saw major discounts and freebies in 2009 after the recession. Won't happen this time around. And to hear that so many people are financially struggling, I am seeing an abundance of exorbitant spending.

Club Cooloholic

Don't count on it. We saw major discounts and freebies in 2009 after the recession. Won't happen this time around. And to hear that so many people are financially struggling, I am seeing an abundance of exorbitant spending.
Who is spending crazy? On what? I think if anything people will come away from this with a better understanding that they need not have an outrageous credit card bill and still have a decent time cooking more at home and buying less junk.
Also, we are Disney fans, but plenty of folks are going to be nervous to set foot in a crowded theme park. Even with measures to keep it less crowded. I don't see them opening up till they can accommodate the needed attendance to justify turning on the lights again.

disney4life2008

Who is spending crazy? On what? I think if anything people will come away from this with a better understanding that they need not have an outrageous credit card bill and still have a decent time cooking more at home and buying less junk.
Also, we are Disney fans, but plenty of folks are going to be nervous to set foot in a crowded theme park. Even with measures to keep it less crowded. I don't see them opening up till they can accommodate the needed attendance to justify turning on the lights again.

Have you been to Walmart? I have seen more people buying big screen televisions and non essential items.

I do think people will be scared but once Disney says they are open. It will be packed.

Club Cooloholic

Have you been to Walmart? I have seen more people buying big screen televisions and non essential items.

I do think people will be scared but once Disney says they are open. It will be packed.
Television isn't essential? Just kidding, I believe you that some places are packed, but I still highly doubt people, on the whole are spending as much now as they did 3 months ago. I have friends that have seen their pay cut in half or furloughed, they aren't planning any trips, even after this opens up.

bryanfze55

Buying non-essential items doesn’t mean much. There’s a difference between too broke for Disney World and too broke to buy a $250 television. A lot of people are actually making more now than they were before being laid off due to the $600/week federal addition to unemployment.

disney4life2008

Buying non-essential items doesn’t mean much. There’s a difference between too broke for Disney World and too broke to buy a $250 television. A lot of people are actually making more now than they were before being laid off due to the $600/week federal addition to unemployment.

And I have severe issues with that. People should not be making more now than when they were working.

disney4life2008

I hope so....Dis has been super greedy over the last decade.
Pricing many of its core customers right out of its market.
Case in point....look at the new shops at Disney Springs.....very high end.

They did that to appeal to the international tourists from going off site. I hope Americans are not guillable enough to shop there. Eating, yes.

thomas998

Television isn't essential? Just kidding, I believe you that some places are packed, but I still highly doubt people, on the whole are spending as much now as they did 3 months ago. I have friends that have seen their pay cut in half or furloughed, they aren't planning any trips, even after this opens up.
If you are going to buy a TV in this era I don't think Walmart is the place you go to buy it from. They sell crappy TV that at most you buy for your kids room or maybe you buy when you move out on your own and need a cheap first TV... but most people that are in the segment that does Disney trips probably aren't Walmart TV buyers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom