Will the Pandemic Curb the Price Increases?

Peter Venkman

Who is spending crazy? On what? I think if anything people will come away from this with a better understanding that they need not have an outrageous credit card bill and still have a decent time cooking more at home and buying less junk.
Also, we are Disney fans, but plenty of folks are going to be nervous to set foot in a crowded theme park. Even with measures to keep it less crowded. I don't see them opening up till they can accommodate the needed attendance to justify turning on the lights again.
as someone who works for a major delivery company, I can assure you that people are taking their stimulus money that was meant to help pay for food and bills and instead using it on TVs, new sneakers, iPads, cell phones and other types of purchases. my residential deliveries are up by 50-60% everyday delivering this stuff.

Club Cooloholic

as someone who works for a major delivery company, I can assure you that people are taking their stimulus money that was meant to help pay for food and bills and instead using it on TVs, new sneakers, iPads, cell phones and other types of purchases. my residential deliveries are up by 50-60% everyday delivering this stuff.
I don't recall a rule saying they have to be for rent. Are you saying these people aren't eating? Surely you realize that part of economic recovery is people spending money on things...thats what our economy is built on, consumerism. And yeah you should be seeing delivery increases but I would bet spending overall is still down.

Club Cooloholic

If you are going to buy a TV in this era I don't think Walmart is the place you go to buy it from. They sell crappy TV that at most you buy for your kids room or maybe you buy when you move out on your own and need a cheap first TV... but most people that are in the segment that does Disney trips probably aren't Walmart TV buyers.
Well I am one frugal ...a neighbor tossed a nearly perfect 55 inch Samsung(one slightly darkened spot) and I was happy to grab it.

Last edited:

Peter Venkman

I don't recall a rule saying they have to be for rent. Are you saying these people aren't eating? Surely you realize that part of economic recovery is people spending money on things...thats what our economy is built on, consumerism. And yeah you should be seeing delivery increases but I would bet spending overall is still down.
I didn't say there was a rule. the intention for the money sent out was to help people get by in times where people weren't able to work during the pandemic, not rush out and buy 55 inch TVs. nor did I say people aren't eating. I'm saying people should be using this money for essential items.

Club Cooloholic

I didn't say there was a rule. the intention for the money sent out was to help people get by in times where people weren't able to work during the pandemic, not rush out and buy 55 inch TVs. nor did I say people aren't eating. I'm saying people should be using this money for essential items.
Always how we wish it would go, but consumerism still helps the big economy picture.

disney4life2008

Well I am one frugal ****...a neighbor tossed a nearly perfect 55 inch Samsung(one slightly darkened spot) and I was happy to grab it.

Wow I went out for my 6am run yesterday and i saw a big screen TV on a table by the garbage. Looked perfectly fine to me. Turned around and got my car. Turned it on and it worked. Shocking the things throw away.

disney4life2008

That's my philosophy. Some are but a great majority are not. And trust me, when the stores open back up like Ross, the same people getting unemployment will be shopping.

disney4life2008

I think some people live in a world where they neglect to see reality. I'm very observant when I go out listening and seeing. I live in Orlando and to be honest I have not seen anyone look like they are suffering. The open stores are just as crowded as they typically are. And in my complex the amont of Amazon packages delivered has not changed. I'm trying to figure out where are the poor struggling people cuz they not in Orlando.

Club Cooloholic

Wow I went out for my 6am run yesterday and i saw a big screen TV on a table by the garbage. Looked perfectly fine to me. Turned around and got my car. Turned it on and it worked. Shocking the things throw away.
That's how it happened with me, was walking the dog two streets over from mine and to their credit they had the wires neatly folded, it was clean of dust and had the remote too!

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
Alot of the people I know in Orlando did not.
I'm 2 hours north, and not cancelling either. However, given the uncertainty of how restricted the experiences will be, and (hopefully not) financial hardships in the area due to the closures, the longer this drags on, I'd expect the number to go up.

disney4life2008

I'm 2 hours north, and not cancelling either. However, given the uncertainty of how restricted the experiences will be, and (hopefully not) financial hardships in the area due to the closures, the longer this drags on, I'd expect the number to go up.

I really think they should allow payment plan guests to pause payments for one year. Meaning we can pause today then have up to one year from today to restart payments at the assumed new price.

bigorangeandy

I don't think you will see decreases in prices on the top line. I expect to see the more you stay the bigger the discount. Such as stay 4 nights, get the 5th for free, buy a 4 day ticket, get a extra day for no charge. Free dinning for more of the year.

bryanfze55

If you are going to buy a TV in this era I don't think Walmart is the place you go to buy it from. They sell crappy TV that at most you buy for your kids room or maybe you buy when you move out on your own and need a cheap first TV... but most people that are in the segment that does Disney trips probably aren't Walmart TV buyers.

Depends. I bought my house's primary TV (a 42" inch flat screen 1080) a few years ago for less than $200 at Wal-Mart. I don't care much about TV. Having a good enough income to afford Disney doesn't mean you should blow your money on crap that doesn't bring you happiness.

bryanfze55

The stimulus money wasn't inherently meant for anything. If someone hasn't been laid off and already has an emergency fund, the stimulus money could be better served "stimulating" the economy via spending.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I paid $230 for my TV at Costco. It's only like,... 42". But maybe it's because i would buy a TV at Costco or Walmart i can afford Disney trips. Not everyone at Disney is rolling in money,... Some of us just try to spend smartly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom