Will New Fantasyland be...

spacemt354

Chili's
I think we will have to wait and see on this one...

From the looks of it, FLE certainly is well themed, has great backstories, and seems to have some immersive attractions. But greatest themed land in the world? I'll hold judgment on that till 2014.

And this is an extension of an already exisiting land, so would Fantasyland be the greatest themed land or just the expansion itself?

If anything, I feel that if done right and with enough creative investment, Pandora - The World of Avatar will be the greatest themed land in the world once completed.

WDWFREAK53

Which could be good, or it could be bad. The good part might be that Disney will look at the results of Mermaid and try a lot harder to create a truly amazing immersive experience the next time it builds a dark ride. The bad part would be if Disney decided that building new dark rides wouldn't be worth it, and point to the Mermaid ride as an example.

Really, Disney has got to try harder. I remember the first time I rode the Nemo ride at Epcot. It had been hyped up bigtime in the press releases and on TV. But when I rode it...holy underwhelming, Batman! The screens look just like that - screens, with cartoon fish projected on them. Not ONCE did I get the feeling I was underwater, or that Dory and Nemo were really there. It was LAME! It felt so cynical, as if TDO believed that the affection guests feel for Nemo would overcome the mediocrity of the ride. Um, wrong! :p

Well, they could also look at it as an attraction to relieve the stress on other attractions.
Let's face it, it's WDW...and it's The Little Mermaid. The ride will constantly have people on it and just because it doesn't have a wait doesn't mean that it won't be popular (even if it's perceived as not the best dark ride...it will still be popular just due to the subject matter). Giving people another option that everybody in the family can ride, it will relieve the stress on Peter Pan's Flight and Pooh.

Brian Noble

Sounds like someone's never walked the streets of Hogsmeade....
That was my take too. The Potterverse is truly impressive. I haven't seen Carsland in person yet, but we plan to hit it up this February. Really looking forward to it.

ght

Is it going to be the best themed land? Of course not, I would argue that next door is one of the best themed lands, Liberty Square, though it doesn't get much credit.
What I think you can say is that after decades of having a Fantasyland that was sub-par in theming, the MK will finally have one that can hold its own with the other Fantasylands, which is really all we can ask (this is talking strictly about theming, not ride choices, etc.).

bdearl41

No, it will not. Nuff said. It will be nice and a definate upgrade to the former Carnival feel of FL, but no way. The attractions will be nice, but not appealing enough to claim that title. Right now i think the best themed area in all of WDW is Asia in AK. Africa is also good, but needs much more, as right now its basically shops, a restaurant, and one ride.

bdearl41

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is the extent of the faire motif that is being done away with. The rest shall remain.

At least they themed it like a forest out front which is nice. I have always had issues to the facade of peter pan, small world. They could easily upgrade it like MA of WtP to make it slightly more immersive, hopefully they will with the rumored PPF queue upgrade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom