Will New Fantasyland be...

td1129

Original Poster
The best theme park land in the world when it is finished? I say yes. As far as theming, detail and storytelling, I don't see anything even coming close. The only thing I can think of in the same stratosphere is Carsland.

space42

The best theme park land in the world when it is finished? I say yes. As far as theming, detail and storytelling, I don't see anything even coming close. The only thing I can think of in the same stratosphere is Carsland.

Well , if this were 1983 - 1998 I'd have to say that would be Epcot Future World.
E-tickets: Spaceship Earth, Horizons, World of Motion - along with Living Seas, The Land, Universe of Energy,Wonders of Life and Journey into Imagination. Plus the Odyssey, Electric Umbrella, Inoventions and too many small things to count. You needed an entire day just to see it all! I don't think Disney has even come close to anything that ambitious before or since. :)

Californian Elitist

Cars Land is the best theme park land in the world. New Orleans Square is the best too. The new Fantasyland in MK will no doubt be great but it still won't top other Fantasylands, in my opinion. To each their own.

RunnerEd

A very well themed kiddie coaster, C ticket dark ride (a walk up at DCA), restaurant and a cool meet and greet. I don't think it could be considered the best in the world at all. I will say that, on the surface, it's a ton of eye candy and does look amazing. It lacks a bit in the content department in my opinion.

td1129

Original Poster
A very well themed kiddie coaster, C ticket dark ride (a walk up at DCA), restaurant and a cool meet and greet. I don't think it could be considered the best in the world at all. I will say that, on the surface, it's a ton of eye candy and does look amazing. It lacks a bit in the content department in my opinion.

I agre with you that there are larger scale rides to be seen many other places, though I don't agree with your descriptions "kiddie" or "c-ticket." My determining factors here as mentioned are theming, details and story telling.

td1129

Original Poster
Come on now. It won't even be the best land in this country let alone the world. Cars Land and Wizarding World of Harry Potter are easily the two best in America. When it comes to best in the world, pretty much any land at DisneySea in Tokyo would win.

Never been to Tokyo, but I agree that it looks impressive.

MickeysStalker

Well let's see, it has one new attraction and a sub-par Disneyland clone, I'm going to say....no. Disney better watch out because this next Harry Potter expansion at Universal is going to slay them IMO.

Grumpy1973

Saw "Potter-land" for the first time this week, and I have to say...I was amazed, the theming, and detail are outstanding, and I was with my 2 year old so I didnt even get to ride "the ride", but just looking at the area I was VERY impressed. But that is one of the main differences in the two, I cant WAIT to take her on Little Mermaid and let her interact with the Belle Storytime, Fantasyland will always be for the entire family and I can't wait to watch her enjoying this new area...:)

Ignohippo

And Pandora: The World of Avatar will slay Harry Potter :)

(a) as of now, Avatar simply isn't as compelling as the Harry Potter franchise (that may change once the other films come out)
(b) it would mean that TDO would have to unlock the purse strings, and I don't see that happening. $500 mil isn't enough to do Avatar well enough to compete with Potter.

Ignohippo

Personally, I don't think WDW's Fantasyland will even be better than DL's. Bigger isn't always better.

DL's Fantasyland has more attractions, I'd rather have the Storybook Canal Boats than anything in the new FLE (but that's my own personal opinion of course), the fascades in DL are much better than the tent fascades in the MK, and IASW doesn't even compare to the DL version. IMO, the DL version completely defines what a Fantasyland should be.

And I understand others may not feel the same way, but to me, the new FLE really lacks attractions.

I'm afraid, the WDW won't even be the best Fantasyland in the USA, and certainly not the best "land".

coolbeans14

Not in my opinion. It'll be good but nothing tops adventureland at Disneyland Paris.the caves, the tunnels the rope bridges, the water falls and my favourite thing about it, the fact that I got lost in it once and spent over an hour and a half just walking around. just my opinion of course

Animaniac93-98

Myself, and millions of other Harry Potter fans, along with those of us who fondly remember WDW's golden era or who have been lucky enough to visit DLR or TDR beg to disagree.

Perhaps "world" was meant to only represent WDW itself? That's the only way I could see the OP's point as making any sense, and even then...

Prototype82

(a) as of now, Avatar simply isn't as compelling as the Harry Potter franchise (that may change once the other films come out)
(b) it would mean that TDO would have to unlock the purse strings, and I don't see that happening. $500 mil isn't enough to do Avatar well enough to compete with Potter.
I wouldn't say Avatar would slay Potter but it is going to have a MAJOR impact on WDW attendance.

DisneyWall-E

No. Potter will still beat it hands down and when they add the second part they wont even be in the same zip code.
And as always this message was brought to you in part by: my opinion and viewers like you. Well maybe not you but people like @WDW1974 and @marni1971 .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom