Will it work

Colin

Original Poster
Originally posted by Alberrisford
Welcome!!! wow! your from Australia! cool!

have u been to wdw before?

Thanks

We have been 4 times to WDW and once to Disneyland. it was 3 years after the first visit, then 2 years after the next two. Our last visit was was the Christmas just gone, and we are already booked for next christmas for 2 weeks, then we plan for 3 weeks the Christmas after. Hopefully we can go every year from now. A long way to go, but it is worth the fun. DVC is the best thing we have bought into.

Al

Originally posted by Colin

Thanks

We have been 4 times to WDW and once to Disneyland. it was 3 years after the first visit, then 2 years after the next two. Our last visit was was the Christmas just gone, and we are already booked for next christmas for 2 weeks, then we plan for 3 weeks the Christmas after. Hopefully we can go every year from now. A long way to go, but it is worth the fun. DVC is the best thing we have bought into.

cool!! it must be a long flight! how long is it?

Now my geography is terrible, but isnt TokyoDisneySea closer to you than wdw? have u ever been to TDS?

Colin

Original Poster

cool!! it must be a long flight! how long is it?

Now my geography is terrible, but isnt TokyoDisneySea closer to you than wdw? have u ever been to TDS?

About 18-19 hours flying time. It takes a stop in LA, as much as you want to get there, you cant get a connecting flight.

TDS and Disneyland are both much closer, but who would want to go there, WDW is 10 times better. We go for 2-3 weeks, so it is well worth the trip. I think your are from Uk, and Paris is close for you. We have no plans to visit TDS.

Al

About 18-19 hours flying time. It takes a stop in LA, as much as you want to get there, you cant get a connecting flight.

TDS and Disneyland are both much closer, but who would want to go there, WDW is 10 times better. We go for 2-3 weeks, so it is well worth the trip. I think your are from Uk, and Paris is close for you.

18-19 hrs !!! arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mind you, its worth it! you've got a point there, dlp is quite close to me, but it is incompareable to wdw!

i think having a stopover is quite good, i mean i just cant imagine 19hrs in a cramped economy seat! :eek: :eek: the worst I have experienced is 14! (it wasnt that bad though).

Who do you fly with??

Colin

Original Poster
We fly Qantas, the qantas club comes in handy, and then on AA, Yuk, but we get the points.

What part of UK are you from. I think it is about 8 hours to Orlando, we have gone from Orlando to London, we arrived in the middle of a storm, had 2 aborted landings and ended up going to Stanstead. Was a bit freaky, nearly half the passengers were sick, including me. Not something i would like to repeat.

Al

We fly Qantas, the qantas club comes in handy, and then on AA, Yuk, but we get the points.

What part of UK are you from. I think it is about 8 hours to Orlando, we have gone from Orlando to London, we arrived in the middle of a storm, had 2 aborted landings and ended up going to Stanstead. Was a bit freaky, nearly half the passengers were sick, including me. Not something i would like to repeat.

ah yes, well thats the UK for you! a welcoming you will most certainly never forget! when was that? who were you flying with?

i am from the midlands. What part of Australia are you from? What part of the UK did you stay in?

Whats the weather like in Australia now? its quarter past 9 in the evening, and its been raining all day. You get used to it after a while. :)

Colin

Original Poster

ah yes, well thats the UK for you! a welcoming you will most certainly never forget! when was that? who were you flying with?

i am from the midlands. What part of Australia are you from? What part of the UK did you stay in?

Whats the weather like in Australia now? its quarter past 9 in the evening, and its been raining all day. You get used to it after a while. :)

I was back in early 1998, we were on BA, we stayed in london a couple of nights and then through Oxford and up to Derby, I have a cousin who lives there, she married an englishman, i hadnt seen her for about 15 years. It snowed on the way!! the whole time we were there it was freezing and overcast, i suppose you know all about it, we hate the hot weather, but dont like it as cold as in UK. We have been to London a few times before, always in May, nice and sunny and mild temperature.

We live on the Central Coast, about 1/2 hour from the outskirts of Sydney, about 1/4 Km from the coast.

It is nearly 8.30 am here, time to do some work.

Al

Have you been to Australia ? :) :)

no, fraid not. But i remember about 2yrs ago, my mum and dad wanted to go, but i was at that phase in life that I didnt like flying (I used to LOVE flying, then for about 3yrs I absolutely hated it, dont ask why! the furthest we went in those 3 yrs was cyprus!!! lol! But nowadays I love flying, and cant get enough of it!!!!).

Yeah, over here in England, we r used to the hot weather; thats why its nice to get away once in awhile. Although, we all complain about the weather, in the summer we get about 3 days of really really high temperatures ; and no one can cope!!! its like the whole country slows down! I think its because of the way our houses are built to keep heat in. Think of it this way, picture a small cosy cottage, placed in the middle of the bahamas........hmmmmmmmm! lol! So its just constantly hot. everyone drives around in their cars (mmmmm air conditioning , lol :D ). its great if its over a weekend though! but at school when its really hot is just unbearable!

Is Sydney nice? Its where the olympics were held wasnt it? did you see it?

Colin

Original Poster
Sydney is not too bad, we live out of Sydney in a much quieter and nicer area. I wouldnt want to live anywhere else, except for WDW.

When was your first trip to WDW, is that the only place you go to, or do you like to visit other places.

Where do you stay at WDW, and how long do you stay.

Al

Sydney is not too bad, we live out of Sydney in a much quieter and nicer area. I wouldnt want to live anywhere else, except for WDW.

When was your first trip to WDW, is that the only place you go to, or do you like to visit other places.

Where do you stay at WDW, and how long do you stay.

my last trip was........err........1998 into 1999 (christmas day in wdw was great!!!)

We go to loads of other places aswell, how about you? We came back from South Africa at the begginning of january, and we booked to go skiing in italy on saturday for 1 week(but that looks doubtfull at the moment :( )

the last place was caribbean beach for 10days. we will probably stay for 2weeks next time (wheneva that may be)

and you?

Colin

Original Poster
We have been to plenty of other countries. We want to go back to Canada, the first time was only short. The problem is that the only time I get away from work fro a reasonable period is over Christmas, and at that time of the year it is snowed in in say Canada, Uk is bleak, and the main reason is that we like WDW so much we will try to go there very year. The part I like is that at WDW you can stay for say 3 weeks, have plenty to do and lots of fun and good food.

We stay at the Boardwalk, great place, very central. We joined DVC, best thing we ever did. This year we want to buy more at the Beach club, so we have more time to use.

Colin

Original Poster
carribean Beach is quite nice, tried to stay there before we joined DVC, but was all booked, even from 1 year before, come to think of it all the Disney ones were booked, it was end of 1999, start of 2000. They said they had bookings for the millenium period from 15 years earlier. Before you were born maybe!:) :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom