Trip Report Will it ever stop raining? Our June 2017 trip

Hi, all!! I've finally had a chance to start going through my photos and thought I would get started on my trip report! For those of you not familiar, here is my pre-trip report:
Adventure is out there...June 2017
If you don't want to read the PTR, here is a brief synopsis before I get started:
Who: Me (Amy), DH (Brian), DS Logan (14), DD Lily (12), and DS Owen (9)
When: June 2-17, 2017
Where: Universal Studios (Hard Rock Hotel), Disney (Art of Animation), and SeaWorld

For those of you who followed along with the live portion of my PTR, I apologize that some of the photos will be the same. I'm too lazy to go back and remember which ones I used!

I experienced one of the longest days of my life on Friday, June 2!! We left Dayton, Ohio before 5am.

Neither one of us drinks coffee, but we definitely needed some caffeine to start our morning! We stopped for the best Coke in the world!!

McDonald's!!
We had a little delay in Cincinnati because I-75 was closed both directions and we had to take a little detour.:eek:
We waved @LisaBelle and @21stamps and any other Cinci friends as we finally drove over the bridge and entered Kentucky!

We made sure to get past Lexington before morning rush hour, and stopped in Richmond for breakfast.

The kids had never had Chick fil A for breakfast, so we had to correct that!

Last edited:

MerMom1981

Finally caught up!
Your Pandora pictures did not disappoint!
It seems like Pandora at night is giving people vertigo! I'll have to proceed with caution.
Bon Voyage looked wonderful, but what a bummer that you had to wait so long for disappointing food :-(

It's been a fun vicarious journey!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Finally caught up!
Your Pandora pictures did not disappoint!
It seems like Pandora at night is giving people vertigo! I'll have to proceed with caution.
Bon Voyage looked wonderful, but what a bummer that you had to wait so long for disappointing food :-(

It's been a fun vicarious journey!
Thanks for hanging in there! I promise I will finish soon!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Today we slept in a little, but not too late because we had plans before our drive home. We finished packing up the bags and hauled them down to the car to begin trying to fit them all in again! Brian was very paranoid about leaving our luggage in and on top of the car while we went to breakfast, so we compromised. We packed the back up, and put the luggage that would go on top in the back seat and took a bus to breakfast instead of driving. So he still worried, but not as much!

We were soon on a bus to MK.
IMG_6479 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr
IMG_6480 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr

We hopped on a monorail and exited at the TTC and walked to our destination.
IMG_6481 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr
IMG_6482 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr
IMG_6483 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr
IMG_6484 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr
IMG_6485 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr
IMG_6486 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr
IMG_6487 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr
IMG_6488 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr

We were a little early for our ADR, so we wandered around outside for a few minutes before checking in.
IMG_6490 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr
IMG_6491 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr
IMG_6492 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr
IMG_6493 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr
IMG_6494 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr

TheMouseFan

Original Poster

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
It was finally time to check in!
20170617_082603 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr

This ADR didn't start on a good note for me. Three families were all called up at the same time to be seated and one CM took us all at the same time. The men in the families had to carry the bread to the tables, then we were seated at tables that were basically right on top of each other! I've never had that experience here, and I hope I never do again! It was very awkward.

On to the food! It was as good as it always is!
IMG_6508 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr
IMG_6509 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr
IMG_6510 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr

The character interactions were fun this particular day!
IMG_6514 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr
20170617_090034 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr
IMG_6524 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr
PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRESORTSANDMORE_403537311340 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr
PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRESORTSANDMORE_403537443119 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr

The fun was almost over!:( We caught a boat back to MK.
IMG_6525 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr
IMG_6526 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr
IMG_6527 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr
IMG_6528 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr
IMG_6531 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr
IMG_6533 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
A few last MK pics as we headed for the bus.
20170617_094622 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr
IMG_6535 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr
20170617_095220 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr

And then we were back at AoA. We went in to use our last snack credits to get treats for the road.
20170617_112350 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr
20170617_112409 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr

Then it was time to head home.:cry::cry::cry:
IMG_6537 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr
20170617_114042 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr

My favorite treats we took home with us!
20170617_144110 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr

This is what we ran into on the way into Georgia:
20170617_150015 by Amy Clingner, on Flickr
It was so hard, that I couldn't even take a picture of the welcome to Georgia sign! What a perfect way to end our vacation!:banghead:

We arrived home safe and sound in the wee hours of the morning!

Including our travel days, we experienced rain 15 out of the 16 days of our trip!:eek: Despite that, we did have a fantastic time!! It was fun to experience Universal for the first time and SeaWorld again after 19 years. We will definitely do both again!

Thank you all for hanging in there with me! I apologize that it took me so long to finish!:oops: I'm usually much speedier at churning these out! I hate when real life gets in the way of my Disney addiction!!

gdisneyfans

Really enjoyed your report!! One of these years, I would love to spend two weeks at Disney, catch Universal and Sea World, so thank you for allowing me to live vicariously through you:hilarious: Your kids are so sweet - thank you for all the wonderful pictures!!!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Really enjoyed your report!! One of these years, I would love to spend two weeks at Disney, catch Universal and Sea World, so thank you for allowing me to live vicariously through you:hilarious: Your kids are so sweet - thank you for all the wonderful pictures!!!
You're welcome, and thank you for following along!

12in12

Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip! I enjoyed reading about your (rainy) adventures with your lovely family. I am really hoping you get to go on your anniversary trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom