Will I fit in the rides?!

Mike&AllisMom

Original Poster
I am concerned that I might not fit in the rides. I wear a size 18/20 and weigh about 195lbs. Are there any other plus size ladies out there that have been to disney and can help with this? I don't want to be humiliated trying to get on a ride that I don't fit on. What should I avoid? Hopefully not everything! Please help!

erstwo

My dad is roughly 5'9" and weighs well over 200 pounds. He and I would fit just fine in all of the "bench seat" rides. That would include tons of MK rides - Dumbo, Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan, It's a Small World, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad etc. etc.
In Epcot - all of the country rides and a few in Futureworld - Mexico, Living with the Land, etc. are bench seats big enough to hold 4+ people.

I don't know about any of the roller coasters. Someone else will have to answer there..... I'm a bit of a chicken! :wave:

Jenngusto

I am a larger lady at 5'10" and I wear a size 18/20 or 22 and I fit fine in all rides. With my longer legs I try to sit in the front seat on most roller coasters as they seem to have more leg space but I fit fine in other seats, too. No embarrassment. Have a fun time and do not worry!:wave:

baz212

I wear an 18 and weigh around 220 and I fit on everything just fine, including coasters. Should be no problem. I'm big chested and the harness on SGE was tight but not really uncomfortable. that was the only issue I had. I even fit fin on the Barnstormer.

The only ride that comes to mind as being small is Space Mountain...I'm 5'8 and 130 pounds and have a hard time being comfortable in SM. I have a heck of a time getting in and out so I always try and get the front seat and even then it's tough. I see big guys (as in tall I mean) get in all the time, I don't see how they do it!

mansionfan84

Astro-Orbiter should be an "avoid" on your list. I remember trying to ride this back in 02 when I was roughly 200lbs (I'm about 6', however). I fit, but it was brutally uncomfortable.

Disney_Belle

Astro-Orbiter should be an "avoid" on your list. I remember trying to ride this back in 02 when I was roughly 200lbs (I'm about 6', however). I fit, but it was brutally uncomfortable.

My husband is about 5'11 and is rather thin and he got stuck getting into our "car" on Astro-Orbiter. His long legs were hard to fit in the car and he said throughout the entire ride that he was afraid he wouldn't be able to stand up to get out because his legs were so long. He too said the ride was rather uncomfortable.

Jessie&Buzz

I'm 5' 6" and around 225 (not for long though as I have a goal to be smaller by Oct) and I've never had an issue fitting in the rides.

pintraderpayee

DS is 6'3" and weighs in the 300+ lbs. range and has no problems except leg room on Space Mountain. He only does the "big stuff" though......RnR, ToT, Everest, Soarin', Test Track, Mission Space, SM, BTM, etc.

87 days until we are ºoºrlando bound on a school bus for 930 miles of smiles:hammer:

erinshaneb

My hubby is 6'5 and 240 and the only thing he really has a problem with is space mountain and the astro orbitor..We did have a hard time on Barnstormer (we went for the honeymoon and said we are gonna ride ALL the rides)..The only one I felt uncomfortable in was dino twirl..I just felt uncomfortable..not in alot of pain, but kinda uncomfortable..I have yo-yo'd alot so have gone being a size 20 all the way down to a 14..sooo you will be just fine..

PaisleyMF

This is from my experience, I am 6'2" over 400LBS. and I only have problems on certain rides, like the back seats of Test Track, on when 4 persons are riding on Pirates or Small World.

eroyee

I think some of the rides have "test" seats you can try out. I wouldnt worry about it, though. DH and I are big and we ride anything. No problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom