Will EO bring a new Imagination Pavilion?

Hallelujah!

Lord, if you love us and are listening, please don't let Muppets into EPCOT. I understand that you work in mysterious ways; and that you smiting us with Nemo, Ellen, and the Three Caballeros must in some way be part of your wondrous design. But please, don't saddle us with Muppets too. We adults can only take so much before going totally and irrevocably insane, and we are very near that mark.

Ok, now on to my point. I would absolutely love to see EO back at its proper home. Not just because it should have never left in the first place, but also because HISTA and the (lack of) Imagination Institute were the initial downfall of the pavilion. Getting that wretched piece of garbage out of there is, in my opinion, the first step in getting a proper JII back. Maybe, just maybe, after 12 long years we might actually get a decent sequel to what was the greatest dark ride ever built? Not the lobotomized drivel that is currently in there. Sadly bereft of anything that even remotely resembles IMAGINATION!

Ehh greatest dark ride ever...got to argue there SSE 94...Horizons:shrug:, and Imagination Institute was the downfall to the pavillion. I beg to differ, it is one of the most cohesive stories still on property and goes to show what WDI in the 90s was capable of. (true colors would have never been seen) Yes they never should have got rid of the original JII but they did and cant hold the theming against that. HISTA yes I agree is outdated, but putting back an even more oudated attraction would first cost more money then riding it out with HISTA until the refurb starts and two would probably ultimately end up taking in less guests.

Imagination needs a refurb, but if they were to bring back EO it would be taking one step back before they went forward again. In time when budgets are crunched adding a "new" show would ultimately end in the cutting of "proposed" parts of the new refurb, which we know the same people defending that EO should come back would later complain that they shouldnt have brought it back because it caused TDO to budget cut. Just Saying.

HDS

It's not even that I don't like Eo. I thought it was fine for it's day. But really, the only thing it had going for it was that the in-house effects were cutting edge for the time. Now the only thing it has going for it is nostalgia. Try finding someone outside of Disney forums who is nostalgic for Captain Eo. Most Jackson fans aren't even familiar with it.

EO has its own fan page on Facebook.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom