Will Disneyland USA suffer? ALL Of Disney's Theme Parks Now Closed - Reopening Dates Unknown

D

Deleted member 107043

The lack of testing is extremely frustrating. My work has someone who has the symptoms and the doctor has said they likely have it but won't test. We are a small team with a lot of interaction with each other. Tomorrow we figure out how to see clients over video calls and remote access the computers. Testing would have helped us figure out who could stay in the clinic and who needed to stay home. I feel like the country is flying blind without mass testing. On the bright side clients have been really nice about working with us through all this and are being patient.

So far 4 NBA teams have been tested yet you and I can't get tested. 😡

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I had been thinking of getting a tiny freezer prior to all this and did research....sold out nationwide reached out to person on the site and they should be back in in 2-3 weeks. Ha they still have a 1.0 cubic foot model.....but really.....:D I was aiming for a 3.0 to help store meat and maybe some other things to free up my fridge freezer. Maybe I just need to bite the bullet and GO LARGE!!!:cool:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Ugh... not a cheery post. Sorry. I really should get some sleep.

Sleep Tight Dr.Alice 🛏….I always enjoy your posts and being human is a requirement here......👍. This too shall pass but what we can do with today is all we can do in today.....I hope you usually have summer off for most part from your job, but it's ok to vent here some.... tis part of a function of MB's. :happy:😍

Phroobar

You think after this is over people will become prepared for real emergencies like earthquakes and other natural disasters? Our food storage is doing pretty well. We did the Scan & Go last night at Sams club and got everything we needed except eggs. Just scan everything with your phone and walk out. Pretty nice. I hate being asked to sign up for Plus everytime.

wowsmom

I had been thinking of getting a tiny freezer prior to all this and did research....sold out nationwide reached out to person on the site and they should be back in in 2-3 weeks. Ha they still have a 1.0 cubic foot model.....but really.....:D I was aiming for a 3.0 to help store meat and maybe some other things to free up my fridge freezer. Maybe I just need to bite the bullet and GO LARGE!!!:cool:

We have our refrigerator and chest freezer but have been really happy this week to have both of our sons' college dorm fridges - extra fridge and freezer space!

Phroobar

Nope. Well, maybe for a little while. In my experience, people (collectively) have short memories.
True. Living in California, we really should have six months of food storage incase supply lines are cut off because of destroyed roads. This experience has taught us that we are nowhere near prepared. People can't even keep a pack of toilet paper around. Good luck getting them to buy 50 gallon drums for water storage or even to have a savings.

DrAlice

True. Living in California, we really should have six months of food storage incase supply lines are cut off because of destroyed roads. This experience has taught us that we are nowhere near prepared. People can't even keep a pack of toilet paper around. Good luck getting them to buy 50 gallon drums for water storage or even to have a savings.
You know, now that I think about it....... This whole crisis is evidence that people don't remember. It was ONLY 6 MONTHS AGO that PG&E shut down all the power because of fire danger. "Back in those days" there was a run on generators and you couldn't get one anywhere locally or online. Yet, here we are, 5 months later with no toilet paper, bottled water, or frozen dinners in stores.

Darkbeer1

Well, this weekend, was out to go to Hardware Stores, plus grocery shopping. Went to a Smart & Final Extra, 99 Cents Only Stores and Aldi, all in the afternoon to try and avoid crowds.

While we couldn't find eggs, plenty of Milk, Bread, Fresh Meat and Produce, plus frozen items. While we didn't need Toliet Paper, that section had empty shelves. The only water we could find was Alkaline Water.

Communicora

Premium Member
Well, this weekend, was out to go to Hardware Stores, plus grocery shopping. Went to a Smart & Final Extra, 99 Cents Only Stores and Aldi, all in the afternoon to try and avoid crowds.

While we couldn't find eggs, plenty of Milk, Bread, Fresh Meat and Produce, plus frozen items. While we didn't need Toliet Paper, that section had empty shelves. The only water we could find was Alkaline Water.
Glad to see a post from you. I was wondering how you were doing.

Darkbeer1

Glad to see a post from you. I was wondering how you were doing.

Insanely busy. Lots of meetings, phone, video and in person.

Got up extra early to listen to a video conference national update.

Learned that my past history has played into a current important skill.

My father was a well known scientist, my mother a clinical Medical Lab worker/manager, and I spent years working for the Science and Engineering Fair, plus teaching. So while not an expert, I can help translate things between the Public Health folks to the politicians and others.

So no time to post, or even read over here. After keeping up with the news all day, no desire to read more in the evening.

Hope everyone is safe and washing your hands.

Last edited:

TP2000

Original Poster

I have consistently found eggs available at Trader Joe's down in Orange. It's in the parking lot across from the Sears Roebuck on Tustin Avenue. I bought a dozen beautiful brown eggs there today with an expiration date of April 19th, enough for a few omelettes this week and few Whiskey Sours this weekend. They also had plenty of milk and butter, lots of meat and fish, plus lots of bread and staples like oil, pasta sauce, etc. They were out of a few of their canned goods, and their frozen section was spotty. But their fresh food, meat and dairy was solidly stocked. Wine and liquor aisles were fully stocked.

Interestingly, the Sears Roebuck was still open today, along with it's Auto Center. This is the last and only Sears still open in Orange County and the department store was wide open and operating, while the JCPenney in the same mall was closed. I imagine they can keep the Sears open because it sells hardware and appliances which are considered "essential", while JCPenney got out of those businesses decades ago and now only sells clothes and some softlines, thus they must close.

Need eggs or dairy or meat or staples? This Trader Joe's in Orange has 'em! https://locations.traderjoes.com/ca/orange/46/

Last edited by a moderator:

TP2000

Original Poster
Here's some news. As of Monday night, March 23rd here are the deaths per 1 Million citizens for some of the more well known countries in the Northern Hemisphere:

Italy = 100.6 Deaths Per Million
Spain = 49.5 Deaths Per Million
Iran = 22.3 Deaths Per Million
Switzerland = 14.1 Deaths Per Million
France = 12.8 Deaths Per Million
Netherlands = 12.4 Deaths Per Million
Belgium = 7.7 Deaths Per Million
United Kingdom = 5.0 Deaths Per Million
Denmark = 4.1 Deaths Per Million
Sweden = 2.7 Deaths Per Million
China = 2.4 Deaths Per Million
South Korea = 2.3 Deaths Per Million
United States of America = 1.8 Deaths Per Million

Darkbeer1

Thanks for the Tip, TP2000. We have shopped at that Trader's Joe a few times.

Finally, Trader Joe's has said they are evaluating Anaheim for a store, probably the Platinum Triangle area.

There is a city council meeting tomorrow. It will be handled telephonically, with a short agenda. Public Comments will be handled by e-mail.

Everything today was phone or video conferencing.

A bit frustrating as we end up with more questions every day, without getting a clear direction.

I think the best news is on the Medical Front, between the potential drugs to treat those who get it, and that can happen in days, and a vaccine, though that is still in the early stages.

We will get through this.

It is just weird to drive down Harbor near the DLR, and close by and see no pedestrians and most places closed.

It drives home how many employees and businesses are out of work, and how we have to find a way to get things back up and running as quickly as possible, with health and safety taking a priority.

I still want to know how people think I can help in this mess... But I am trying to go the 110% and do what I can. I am very grateful for all the others helping out.

I got to talk to Chef Bruno for a couple of minutes today, seeing how we can help him. He is one amazing person. I have been blessed to get to know him over the last few years.

Time for bed, good night all.

Please be smart and listen to what your local officials are telling you.

Darkbeer1

What, and miss out on Senior Shopping Hour?!? That's my new favorite thing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom