Will Disneyland USA suffer? ALL Of Disney's Theme Parks Now Closed - Reopening Dates Unknown

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Called Trader Joes yesterday to find they had switched to line with 20 in store at a time.....was asking if they got in their semiannual sliced nitrate free hams I usually get for Easter dinner. WOOHOO they said yes. Prior week gfs had been there saying when they opened a whole hoarde of peeps rushed the meat and dairy corner, so this new thing sounds a bit better. Glad TP2000 enjoyed waiting outside, but here it was snow and 32.....;)…..maybe will go later this week. Meanwhile signed up to try Sunbasket for a few dinners starting next week, that way I only have to meal plan 5 or 4 and get carryout one day. We sure did take this spontaneous shopping thing for granted!!!:cool:
While Sunbasket started in SanFran….they have big facility in NJ and one in St Louis that is supposed to be in a CAVE! (keeps consistent temp for food storage?) So basically cavemen will be preparing a few of Tink's family dinners to help out.....:angelic:.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Here's some news. As of Monday night, March 23rd here are the deaths per 1 Million citizens for some of the more well known countries in the Northern Hemisphere:

Italy = 100.6 Deaths Per Million
Spain = 49.5 Deaths Per Million
Iran = 22.3 Deaths Per Million
Switzerland = 14.1 Deaths Per Million
France = 12.8 Deaths Per Million
Netherlands = 12.4 Deaths Per Million
Belgium = 7.7 Deaths Per Million
United Kingdom = 5.0 Deaths Per Million
Denmark = 4.1 Deaths Per Million
Sweden = 2.7 Deaths Per Million
China = 2.4 Deaths Per Million
South Korea = 2.3 Deaths Per Million
United States of America = 1.8 Deaths Per Million

Well those are easier numbers to take in....perspective statistics....I am hoping in a few weeks those numbers are all right of the decimal point.....now TP2000 go scroll down the emoticons and proper Disney fashion Plus your thread by placing the proper circular country flag next to each of the above.....🇺🇸🇸🇪🇨🇭🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇬🇧🇰🇷🇪🇸🇳🇱🇮🇷 (here are a few but woohoo they are alphabetical.....):D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

Here's some news. As of Monday night, March 23rd here are the deaths per 1 Million citizens for some of the more well known countries in the Northern Hemisphere:

Italy = 100.6 Deaths Per Million
Spain = 49.5 Deaths Per Million
Iran = 22.3 Deaths Per Million
Switzerland = 14.1 Deaths Per Million
France = 12.8 Deaths Per Million
Netherlands = 12.4 Deaths Per Million
Belgium = 7.7 Deaths Per Million
United Kingdom = 5.0 Deaths Per Million
Denmark = 4.1 Deaths Per Million
Sweden = 2.7 Deaths Per Million
China = 2.4 Deaths Per Million
South Korea = 2.3 Deaths Per Million
United States of America = 1.8 Deaths Per Million

Great info. Thanks for sharing.

I'd love to see some sort of tracker breaking down the US figures by state. NY, for example, is being hit hard, and getting worse.

TP2000

Original Poster
We'll need to see those numbers in another 1-2 weeks. The U.S. has been trending weeks behind those other countries. The worse appears to be ahead where a lot of those other countries are at or past their peak.

Very true. And yet I'm struck by the memory that people have been saying we are "one to two weeks behind Italy" for several weeks now. (Not just on this board, but in the media, on the oilprice.com website I follow, general news commentary, etc.) We aren't even close to the numbers per capita of France or the BeNeLux countries or even the UK yet, let alone the huge death tolls in Italy and Spain.

Those per capita numbers got worse for Italy again today as they reported in at their close of business a few hours ago. It edged up for all of Europe actually, as two thousand more people died in European hospitals today.

Deaths Per One Million Citizens 3/24
Italy = 113 Deaths Per Million 🇮🇹
Spain = 60 Deaths Per Million 🇪🇸
Iran = 23.6 Deaths Per Million 🇮🇷
France = 16.4 Deaths Per Million 🇫🇷
Netherlands = 16.0 Deaths Per Million 🇳🇱
Switzerland = 14.3 Deaths Per Million 🇨🇭
Luxembourg = 13.2 Deaths Per Million 🇱🇺
Belgium = 10.1 Deaths Per Million 🇧🇪
United Kingdom = 6.3 Deaths Per Million 🇬🇧
Denmark = 5.5 Deaths Per Million 🇩🇰
South Korea = 2.3 Deaths Per Million 🇰🇷
United States = 2.1 Deaths Per Million 🇺🇸

Sailor310

Great info. Thanks for sharing.

I'd love to see some sort of tracker breaking down the US figures by state. NY, for example, is being hit hard, and getting worse.
This site has breakouts by country. If you click on the US, it breaks it out by state. Click down a level and it has graphs of the major indices.
Warning: I find it addictive. I enjoy seeing the graphs of the good news in South Korea and China. I keep waiting for the numbers to turn for Italy and the US.

Last edited:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Very true. And yet I'm struck by the memory that people have been saying we are "one to two weeks behind Italy" for several weeks now. (Not just on this board, but in the media, on the oilprice.com website I follow, general news commentary, etc.) We aren't even close to the numbers per capita of France or the BeNeLux countries or even the UK yet, let alone the huge death tolls in Italy and Spain.

Those per capita numbers got worse for Italy again today as they reported in at their close of business a few hours ago. It edged up for all of Europe actually, as two thousand more people died in European hospitals today.

Deaths Per One Million Citizens 3/24
Italy = 113 Deaths Per Million 🇮🇹
Spain = 60 Deaths Per Million 🇪🇸
Iran = 23.6 Deaths Per Million 🇮🇷
France = 16.4 Deaths Per Million 🇫🇷
Netherlands = 16.0 Deaths Per Million 🇳🇱
Switzerland = 14.3 Deaths Per Million 🇨🇭
Luxembourg = 13.2 Deaths Per Million 🇱🇺
Belgium = 10.1 Deaths Per Million 🇧🇪
United Kingdom = 6.3 Deaths Per Million 🇬🇧
Denmark = 5.5 Deaths Per Million 🇩🇰
South Korea = 2.3 Deaths Per Million 🇰🇷
United States = 2.1 Deaths Per Million 🇺🇸

To clarify, I LOVE the addition of the country flags....great idea!;) But not the death toll.....just sayin'......:oops:

D

Deleted member 107043

This site has breakouts by country. If you click on the US, it breaks it out by state. Click down a level and it has graphs of the major indecies.
Warning: I find it addictive. I enjoy seeing the graphs of the good news in South Korea and China. I keep waiting for the numbers to turn for Italy and the US.

Thank you, saved and bookmarked.

For anyone wanting to skip straight to the US stats by state here's the link.

NY is really not looking good I'm afraid. 😦

Edit: I kept scrolling and looked at all the available data. We're currently at 10K new cases a day in the US, which appears to be doubling daily, and the peak is estimated to be 2-3 weeks away. Yikes.

Last edited by a moderator:

TP2000

Original Poster
Edit: I kept scrolling and looked at all the available data. We're currently at 10K new cases a day in the US, which appears to be doubling daily, and the peak is estimated to be 2-3 weeks away. Yikes.

That's because tens of thousands of people who have cold or flu symptoms are getting tested for Coronavirus every day now, quickly heading towards hundreds of thousands being tested per day. The confirmed caseload will increase quickly for the next several weeks under the mass testing now going on and expanding rapidly. Here in Orange County they already have several of those drive-thru testing things, in addition to all the hospitals.

Darkbeer1

That's because tens of thousands of people who have cold or flu symptoms are getting tested for Coronavirus every day now, quickly heading towards hundreds of thousands being tested per day. The confirmed caseload will increase quickly for the next several weeks under the mass testing now going on and expanding rapidly. Here in Orange County they already have several of those drive-thru testing things, in addition to all the hospitals.

Just wait until the self swabbing test option comes online, a lot more testing, therefore, lots more numbers, both negative and positive,

D

Deleted member 107043

Yep. Don't forget those tens of thousands are likely going to turn into hundreds of deaths per day in the next few weeks. At one point this week nearly 1,000 people died in Italy in a single day, and the number of deaths in NY is currently on track to pass the hardest hit region in Italy. The point: people must take this seriously.

1585096160282.png

Latest figures and charts from The Financial Times here.

Darkbeer1

The Mayor of Anaheim has called an emergency meeting of the city council for Thursday, March 26th at 5 PM, to be held telephonically.

The Agenda has not been posted yet, but it will be focused on the Resort area and how to help the businesses and employees in economic ways.

The Agenda should be up tomorrow morning, and I will share more then.

But the Rent Eviction ban that was supposed to go to the end of April, was amended until the end of May tonight. It did pass on a 7-0 vote.

Based on what I know that should be in the posted agenda, it will be interesting to see how it is received.

SoCalMort

The Mayor of Anaheim has called an emergency meeting of the city council for Thursday, March 26th at 5 PM, to be held telephonically.

Use to work in OKC's Public Information Office, so I'm curious if you know how this works telephonically. Is there some function to allow the general public to listen? Is the audio streaming somewhere on the City's website/public access/whatever? Maybe emergency meetings are exempt from public attendance?

Darkbeer1

The system allows The Mayor and council, along with key city staff to connect on a conference call.

That sound, similar to a Stock Company call, is available in a listen only mode via an internet feed at Anaheim.net and on the city's cable channel. (Well, until it got dropped for some weird reason tonight). Graphics were also part of both feeds, aka powerpoint presentations.

Pretty standard stuff. Councilmembers were reminded to use the mute function on their phone when not talking. Someone opened up a can of soda (or similar beverage) early on tonight.....

Public Comments were done by e-mail. A copy was sent to all 7 councilmembers and not read on the call. A kiosk was set up in front of City Hall (it is closed to the public) to allow anyone write a comment if they did not have e-mail access. Also, you could call 311 (Anaheim Anytime) and an operator would take a message.

Press 7 if you understood that.

Practical Pig

But the Rent Eviction ban that was supposed to go to the end of April, was amended until the end of May tonight. It did pass on a 7-0 vote.

Somehow, at this point in my life, I ended up becoming a landlord up here in Humboldt County. I have no idea whether my tenants will be able to pay their rents a week from now. But I also have no intention of trying to evict anyone if they can't. I have a reasonably comfortable financial cushion, and a these are not the times to not be compassionate

SoCalMort

The system allows The Mayor and council, along with key city staff to connect on a conference call.

That sound, similar to a Stock Company call, is available in a listen only mode via an internet feed at Anaheim.net and on the city's cable channel. (Well, until it got dropped for some weird reason tonight). Graphics were also part of both feeds, aka powerpoint presentations.

Pretty standard stuff. Councilmembers were reminded to use the mute function on their phone when not talking. Someone opened up a can of soda (or similar beverage) early on tonight.....

Public Comments were done by e-mail. A copy was sent to all 7 councilmembers and not read on the call. A kiosk was set up in front of City Hall (it is closed to the public) to allow anyone write a comment if they did not have e-mail access. Also, you could call 311 (Anaheim Anytime) and an operator would take a message.

Press 7 if you understood that.

TP2000

Original Poster
Numbers from across the pond are in for Wednesday, and death rates rose again markedly today in Europe. Italy hit hard with another 700 deaths today, but also the BeNeLux countries and France saw a few hundred deaths each, etc.

When you are a rich but tiny country like the Netherlands with only 19 Million people, less than the population of SoCal, it really hurts.

Deaths Per One Million Citizens 3/25
Italy = (+11.0) 124 Deaths Per Million 🇮🇹
Spain = (+15.0) 75 Deaths Per Million 🇪🇸
Iran = (+2.1) 25.4 Deaths Per Million 🇮🇷
Netherlands = (+4.7) 20.7 Deaths Per Million 🇳🇱
France = (+3.5) 19.9 Deaths Per Million 🇫🇷
Switzerland = (+3.7) 18.0 Deaths Per Million 🇨🇭
Belgium = (+5.6) 15.7 Deaths Per Million 🇧🇪
Luxembourg = (0.0) 13.2 Deaths Per Million 🇱🇺
United Kingdom = (+0.2) 6.3 Deaths Per Million 🇬🇧
Denmark = (+0.4) 5.9 Deaths Per Million 🇩🇰
United States = (+0.6) 2.7 Deaths Per Million 🇺🇸
South Korea = (+0.1) 2.4 Deaths Per Million 🇰🇷

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Numbers from across the pond are in for Wednesday, and death rates rose again markedly today in Europe. Italy hit hard with another 700 deaths today, but also the BeNeLux countries and France saw a few hundred deaths each, etc.

When you are a rich but tiny country like the Netherlands with only 19 Million people, less than the population of SoCal, it really hurts.

Second to last!?! Come on US, be more competitive! With the Olympics now postponed until next summer we need to be competitive at something.....

Phroobar

Looks like TP2000's ghoul pool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom