Will Disneyland USA suffer? ALL Of Disney's Theme Parks Now Closed - Reopening Dates Unknown

Phroobar

We just need the Doctor.

dr%2Bwho.jpg

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Well not sure which is correct here, but personally I bought 5 day tickets w/Maxpass early January 2020. On the print out of the ticket it states they expire Jan 30, 2021. According to this and other things I have read they are good til end of next year or Jan 31,2021, regardless, or from this maybe even 2022?! In any event, a person I spoke to on phone clearly stated I could use value towards any other ticket in future and would have to pay the price difference.....so my initial investment is preserved. Sure am hoping to keep that price til 2022 with maxpass and ticket pricing already gone up and historically will do so again at least once..... 🧐

From article above:

"So, if you had to reschedule your trip, your ticket would be valid on another day that still has availability for tickets at or below your price point. Tickets purchased this year must be used by Dec. 30, 2021; however, the value of an expired ticket can also be used toward the purchase of a new ticket.

The highest pricing option, Tier 5, can be used on any day. Lower tiers have blackout dates. Should you visit on a day with higher tier pricing, the value of your ticket can be applied toward an upgrade at a guest relations booth; you will pay the cost of the difference between the tickets.

The same policies apply to multi-day tickets, which "expire 13 days after first use or on Jan. 12, 2022, whichever occurs first," according to Disneyland's ticketing"

😌

smooch

I'mma be ticked if my college shuts down for the rest of the semester. I pay good money for face to face classes and to have that replaced by the inferior method of education through screens would be upsetting. I desire to learn and that is hindered by online courses!

I certainly agree that learning in person is better, I take courses that I just need for the requirements from my Associate's that don't really relate to my major because I find it a lot easier to actually learn and engage with the material in person. I'm curious how this would affect lab classes? Like, if this happened two semesters ago, how would my Biology class have been handled? We had an hour lecture both days of the week we met but one of the days we had a 4 hour lab after the lecture, do these classes suddenly lose the lab component? If so, that makes the class harder because the labs were really essential in teaching me the information for the class, plus it's a huge percentage of the grade suddenly gone.

My wife was telling me that by state law, a student has to voluntarily do online classes. They can't be forced to do them online. Not sure about the grade you get if you don't do it online. Probably an incomplete.

Usually there's a deadline for when you can drop a class and just receive an incomplete without affecting your GPA. I am hoping that if that law is true, that colleges could extend this deadline out to now so students who simply don't do online classes well aren't forced to perform poorly in their classes they paid for. I'm curious how refunds would be handled in this situation, normally there's a deadline to drop for a full refund and then a deadline for just dropping without affecting your GPA, I can see it going either way since classes have gone on so much of this semester they could argue against a refund, but then again if you can't complete the class doing it online then the days already attended become moot at that point.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Some I have read are extending the drop deadline and with withdraw deadline as well. I would expect they would have to make vast acommodations to such things as labs, and gym type classes required for graduation that cannot be attended virtually. It's a lot to figure out but I bet there is a ton of discussion between the powers that be and instructors about the variables.....which will set precedence for future what if's? and there will be more to come as new questions arise. :bookworm:🧐😷

Last edited:

Nirya

March Madness just announced as playing without fans. Seems the Governor of Ohio forced their hand.

The NBA looks to be going in a similar route, with games still going on just without fans in attendance.

I also have a longer thing I want to write about why the people saying this is just media hysteria are being dumb, but I’m at work so I’ll try to get to it tonight.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
March Madness just announced as playing without fans. Seems the Governor of Ohio forced their hand.

The NBA looks to be going in a similar route, with games still going on just without fans in attendance.

I also have a longer thing I want to write about why the people saying this is just media hysteria are being dumb, but I’m at work so I’ll try to get to it tonight.
That will be so very odd.....but will give a neutral environment I suppose, wonder what they are doing about tickets sold?.....but remember to.....
Image result for michigan state go

Last edited:

DrAlice

I'mma be ticked if my college shuts down for the rest of the semester. I pay good money for face to face classes and to have that replaced by the inferior method of education through screens would be upsetting. I desire to learn and that is hindered by online courses!
Imagine you are a part-time instructor who has no training in online teaching, aren't going to get paid to figure it out, and the school you work for just demanded you teach online.

All of you college students out there: please be nice to your professors right now.

flutas

Italy has gone one step further and shut down all "non essential businesses" only pharmacies and grocery stores are to remain open.

wowsmom

I work closely with people in China and they were also allowed to go to the supermarket etc. they were allowed out for 3 hours at a time and had to wear a mask. Essentially the same.

I had wondered about that. My mom has a friend who is in China and she was quarantined when she returned back there after being home in the US over the holidays. She was told she could not leave the house AT ALL and they even mounted a camera across the hall from her apartment door. She had enough non-perishable foods that it didn't matter, but she missed her daily Starbucks.

My sister said there are no masks available where she is and she's wondering if she could sew ones for herself and her family.

captveg

Italy has gone one step further and shut down all "non essential businesses" only pharmacies and grocery stores are to remain open.

Italy will at least do some national financial subsidizing for their citizens. My fear is that on top of the virus itself the US will also leave people in such financial distress (through lost work, companies downzising/going bankrupt, parents having to miss work to watch kids when their schools close, etc.) that the public health could eventually be harmed more by the financial hardships of this outbreak, though that would be difficult to track and quantify.

DrAlice

Like, if this happened two semesters ago, how would my Biology class have been handled? ....do these classes suddenly lose the lab component? If so, that makes the class harder because the labs were really essential in teaching me the information for the class..
I can't love this more. Would you like to come explain this to our administrators?

I would expect they would have to make vast acommodations to such things as labs
You would think so.... I'm fighting for my students and my class right now. Cross your fingers.

I'm one of the lucky ones. I've been teaching online hybrid classes for years, so I'm prepared to move my "on-ground" lectures online. Unfortunately many of my colleagues are in a state of panic at the moment as they try to figure out if they have a webcam, where to get/how to use software they've never heard of, and how exactly they should set up their online lectures. And, as I said earlier, if they are part-time instructors, they aren't getting paid for that extra work. It's crazy.

Labs are an entirely different story. Smooch is SO right on how much of a difference the active learning of labs can make for student engagement and understanding. Unfortunately, my campus is in such a state of panic about the virus, that they are actively trying to get me to move my labs online. I don't even know how that is possible. It just wouldn't be the same class.
At.
All.

*sigh*

jerryp49

Three TSA Screeners from the San Jose Airport tested positive for Coronavirus....wonder how many passengers they had contact with...and now all the passengers are scattered who knows where... imagine what would happen if three CMs at the entrance turnstiles had the virus..

The Warriors will play tomorrow nights game with no spectators.., same with NCAA Tournament games

Last edited:

mandelbrot

They're going to have a hard time justifying their "open for business" stance as other municipalities take the common sense approach of cancelling unnecessary sporting events/gatherings. Anaheim's entertainment business may be vital for the city, but if they are not careful, public perception can really hurt them.

Also saw a blurb that mentioned that the Anaheim White House and The Catch combined lost $300,000 due to the 900+ cancellations related to the Natural Products expo.
The Downtown Disney restaurants lost several times that amount.

mandelbrot

Social Media has to be the cause of this hysteria.

And these closures seem to be more about the fear than any real threat.
No. These closures are about minimizing the spread of an extremely contagious and dangerous virus. Do yourself a favor and look at what's happening in Northern Italy. Their extremely strong healthcare system is on the verge of collapse. If we don't take extreme measures now to slow down the infection rate that will be us in ten days.

The uninformed and unprepared will only compound the severity of this crisis which is only just beginning in the US.

TP2000

Original Poster
Social Media has to be the cause of this hysteria.

And these closures seem to be more about the fear than any real threat.

Especially the college cancellations, when that age group has a 0.0% mortality rate. Meningitis kills more college kids in American dorms and fraternity houses (15% mortality rate for healthy college kids!) every year than this coronavirus ever could.

This panic and hysteria just gets more and more entertaining.

And that's exactly what will close Disneyland, when the public perception shifts to blame Disney for keeping their parks open instead of "Protecting The Children!".

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom