Will Disney ever use the show buildings in Germany and Japan for rides?

Naplesgolfer

Original Poster
I would love for them to flesh out the world showcase with more attractions.( I love that RAT is coming) I know in 2018 these building are not up to code and would require a lot of modification. But they are in such prime spots, it seems a waste to not use them. The whole farce of needing a sponsor is from a time now past. So will Disney step up and use these for attractions in the next 10 years ?

Tavernacle12

There was very very brief talk on these boards of Germany getting a Rapunzel ride but I forget if that was just speculation or not. I think Marni implied at one point Japan was being looked at, but they decided on something else.

ObscurityPoint

There was very very brief talk on these boards of Germany getting a Rapunzel ride but I forget if that was just speculation or not. I think Marni implied at one point Japan was being looked at, but they decided on something else.
Rapunzel-pre movie or Tangled? If it was based on the fairy tale before the animated film it makes sense, because I don’t recall Tangled taking place in a German-based country but I may be wrong.

donsullivan

Premium Member
As I recall, the 'show building' for the Rhine River Expedition in Germany was never actually built. That plan died early so they never even built the building beyond the area that would have been load and unload. If you look at a satellite image you can see it's not actually there.

There is indeed a 'show building' behind Japan that is used as sort of a 'central shops' for Epcot for maintenance and repair and other similar activities.

mouse_luv

Rapunzel-pre movie or Tangled? If it was based on the fairy tale before the animated film it makes sense, because I don’t recall Tangled taking place in a German-based country but I may be wrong.
Tangled was set in Germany. Rapunzel's kingdom/town of Corona, is fictional though.

FettFan

I would love for them to flesh out the world showcase with more attractions.( I love that RAT is coming) I know in 2018 these building are not up to code and would require a lot of modification. But they are in such prime spots, it seems a waste to not use them. The whole farce of needing a sponsor is from a time now past. So will Disney step up and use these for attractions in the next 10 years ?

With the upcoming Ratatouille in France, I'd say that new rides in German and Japan could very well be in order.

Personally, I'd want to see a brand new ride based on the tale of St. George and the Dragon.

There's already a statue in the plaza area commemorating the story.
780x463-080916_dragons-in-disney-parks_3.jpg

Time to dig out and dust off the plans (AND PROPS!) for the dragon encounter at Animal Kingdom and give a classic piece of German folklore its due!
disney-animal-kingdom-discovery-riverboats-dragon-attack.jpg

These gruesome suits of armor were originally seen along the Discovery River Cruise outside the dragon's cave. They were removed not long after opening because it was just too graphic. Same reason we lost Big Red's corpse.
1*EKnAbtnF69OlYJByY7NUtA.jpeg

Guy on the bottom right got the point. In the end.

FettFan

Not that matters to Di$n€y Wor£d.
They shoved the fictional land of Arandelle so far up Norway's backside that they now fart the melody to "Let It Go".

NiarrNDisney

No one touches the Biergarten!!!!!! The scenery in there plus the show makes up for the ride plus the awesome food.

According to what I've read the exit for the ride was around where the buffet is now toward the entrance to the restaurant so riders exiting would be able to see into the restaurant as they head outside.

Paper straw fan

Hot take- the food & drink in Germany is crap (mainly because it’s German food & beer) if it’s your thing, I’m not telling anyone what food to like, but I’m of German heritage and I can’t stand it. They make those elaborate beer steins so that you forget you are guzzling syrupy swill.

The only thing mildly interesting there is the model trains, and the bathrooms there are rated in my mind as “hold out until Norway”

N2dru

The Mt Fuji coaster was reportedly shelved because Disney couldn't find a sponsor. Would've been great to have it in World Showcase and Epcot would have had a coaster that actually fits the theme...😉

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

Tangled was an adaptation of Rapunzel by Friedrich Schulz published in 1790 in Prussia. "Germany" as we know it today is a modern construct, but the area has been populated by deutsche Leute since ~ 9 AD.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom