Will an Indy Adventure ever come to Disney???

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayDarkKnight25

Original Poster
:animwink: I wonder will they ever get an Indy Adventure in the near future for MGM Studios Park for Walt Disney World. I heard on Screamscape that anything's possible with Disney.

maxime29

Premium Member
It's hard to say. Personally, I don't think it will come to WDW soon, but it is certainly better than the Dinosaur ride (which is a clone of the type of ride).

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
Lee has said in the past that the plan is to switch out the Indy stunt show with the ride when the Lights Motors Action show opens...

Jim Hill has also shown concept art I believe of where the show building would have been located if it would have been built back in 96.

imagineer boy

FamilyMan said:
Jim Hill has also shown concept art I believe of where the show building would have been located if it would have been built back in 96.

Could you please perhaps post a link to it? I would really like to see it!

Lee

Adventurer
FamilyMan said:
Lee has said in the past that the plan is to switch out the Indy stunt show with the ride when the Lights Motors Action show opens...

Well....it was A plan, never exactly THE plan.
Far as I know, nothing involving the Indy ride has moved forward at this point.

JayDarkKnight25

Original Poster
Lee said:
Well....it was A plan, never exactly THE plan.
Far as I know, nothing involving the Indy ride has moved forward at this point.
Yes but your not saying this possible rumor is not totally out of the question right???

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
Darn it Lee, now you made me all sad-like. Oh mighty Lee, what will become of the great Indy Stunt Show when the newer Motors Action show opens?

Pioneer Hall

I think that there is a chance that it will eventually happen. We know that Indy won't be lasting much longer once Motors, Action opens up. So that does leave a nice valuable piece of real estate open. It would also be a good place for an E-ticket because it is a good distance from Sunset Blvd. It would help spread the crowds around in the Studios instead of keeping them on Sunset Blvd.

JayDarkKnight25

Original Poster
DisneyInsider said:
I think that there is a chance that it will eventually happen. We know that Indy won't be lasting much longer once Motors, Action opens up. So that does leave a nice valuable piece of real estate open. It would also be a good place for an E-ticket because it is a good distance from Sunset Blvd. It would help spread the crowds around in the Studios instead of keeping them on Sunset Blvd.
So it could happen 50/50 chance in the near future???

Pioneer Hall

JayDarkKnight25 said:
So it could happen 50/50 chance in the near future???

I wouldn't go so far as to say 50/50...but don't count it out. Until you see Indy close and hear something official then you can dream about whatever you would like. Right now though, the adventure ride is as good a guess as any.

aklodge

I wish that we could get the Indy Speedway w/out the track. That would be great. But, it will never happen because of safety reasons.:cry:

JayDarkKnight25

Original Poster
I would'nt rule it out of the question either. But the Indy Show has been there quite a while now so I'm saying that it could happen in the near future. I'll say 85% Chance that it will possibly happen.

FamilyMan

Account Suspended
aklodge said:
I wish that we could get the Indy Speedway w/out the track. That would be great. But, it will never happen because of safety reasons.:cry:

Wrong Indy. ;) We're talking about Indiana Jones, not the Indy Speedway. LOL

Lynx04

First we have to wait and see how LMA effects the crowd (increase attendence, spread the guests more evenly, etc) Generally, it would be a good idea to see what effects the new stunt show has on the park. I would eventually expect the Indy stunt show to close eventually, MGM is in big need of some E-Ticket love.

lnsemsf

JayDarkKnight25 said:
I'll say 85% Chance that it will possibly happen.

I'll do you one better, I'll say it's 100% that it would possibly happen. I make no guess on if it will probably happen though.

Lee

Adventurer
FamilyMan said:
Darn it Lee, now you made me all sad-like. Oh mighty Lee, what will become of the great Indy Stunt Show when the newer Motors Action show opens?

I don't know....honestly.
As another post said...the impact the new show has on Indy's attendance will tell the tale.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
JayDarkKnight25 said:
I would'nt rule it out of the question either. But the Indy Show has been there quite a while now so I'm saying that it could happen in the near future. I'll say 85% Chance that it will possibly happen.

What do you base your prediction? I have noticed that you have covered Epcot, MK, DAK, and MGM in four seperate posts, all pertaining to thrill rides and/or attractions. Interesting.....

DarkMeasures

Funny thing is that nobody would notice Indy and Dinosaur have the same layout. I do hope though that the eventual WDW version will have a new layout or at least a mirror image layout of the other Indys.

stitchcastle

A little off topic but The Indy Stunt Show and Lights, Motors, Action! can co-exist since The Indy stunt show is about stunts with people while the Motors Action show is about stunts with cars. They both fit perfectly together

DigitalDisney

I'd love to see a reverse clone of TDs's IJA ride placed behind the Indy Stunt Show. There's certainly plenty of room back there, and the corridor by the Adventure Outpost can easily be expanded to handle the additional traffic. This would add an amazing new E-ticket ride to the park, and of course, get more merchandise out the door.

Part of the parking lot would have to be destroyed to allow the installation of the show building, but new parking spaces could easliy be added as well.

Honestly, there's no reason to get rid of the Indy Stunt show once this new one opens. They may both be stunt shows, but they're completely different. People can relate to the Indy show because they've seen the movies. It frequently has a packed or nearly-packed house too.

Based on this logic, should they remove one of the two big shows from either MGM (Beauty and the Beast / Little Mermaid) or AK (Tarzan / Lion King)? Of course not. If the show is good, people will make time to see it.

Keeping both shows gives those that don't like the big thrills one more thing to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom