Will 20.000 Leagues under the Sea ever return to WDW?

Will 20.000 Leagues under the Sea ever return to WDW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

copcarguyp71

i look as mermaid ride replaced the 20k leagues

I guess you could say in terms of maintaining ride count it did (although I think Mine Train might be closer geographically) but I don't see VOTLM being comparable to the scale, grandeur, theme and scope of 20K Leagues. Just like I don't think I would say that Mission Space replaced Horizons. It kept the ride count the same but didn't scratch the surface of content or theme.

Which brings up an interesting question...(to those who rode it) would you consider 20K leagues to have been an E-Ticket ride?

jbeachboy

Would it be better if he posted a new thread about something that has been covered a thousand times:confused:?

I for one am glad someone used the search function and continued a discussion. It is funny to see necrothreads pop up but honestly it is entertaining to re-hash discussions with 2016 eyes. Sometimes I SMH at the minutiae that people get criticized for.

its absurd that you cant open up a discussion thats been inactive, whats with this rule? do they want people to make more threads?

jbeachboy

I guess you could say in terms of maintaining ride count it did (although I think Mine Train might be closer geographically) but I don't see VOTLM being comparable to the scale, grandeur, theme and scope of 20K Leagues. Just like I don't think I would say that Mission Space replaced Horizons. It kept the ride count the same but didn't scratch the surface of content or theme.

Which brings up an interesting question...(to those who rode it) would you consider 20K leagues to have been an E-Ticket ride?

what is an e ticket? is that new concept?

Princess Leia

did having an e ticket help at all? was that like the fast pass back then? i dont get what that ticket did.
They cost more. When the parks opened, you had to pay to ride attractions, on top of paying to get into the parks. The tickets were sold in coupon books.

Konor

If you are feeling nostalgic and think that 20k was a great ride that needs to come back, look at the Speedway. In my opinion they are rides that were wonderful when they opened, broke new ground, and were technologically advanced for their time. They also were/are rides that could not really be updated to adapt to new technologies without just tearing it down and creating a whole new ride so after just a few years they became stale (much like the water in 20k), outdated, and showed their age.

Again this is my opinion, we all have our own. We also should remember costs, I'm guessing that 20k was not the cheapest ride to maintain and there came a point where the operating costs outweighed the monies it was bringing into the parks. It is normal that if a company is losing money on a product (or ride) they will stop production on that product. Sometimes some of us seem to think and wish that Disney is not a company but some magical land that can and will appease our every wish or desire without any concern for costs.

jbeachboy

If you are feeling nostalgic and think that 20k was a great ride that needs to come back, look at the Speedway. In my opinion they are rides that were wonderful when they opened, broke new ground, and were technologically advanced for their time. They also were/are rides that could not really be updated to adapt to new technologies without just tearing it down and creating a whole new ride so after just a few years they became stale (much like the water in 20k), outdated, and showed their age.

Again this is my opinion, we all have our own. We also should remember costs, I'm guessing that 20k was not the cheapest ride to maintain and there came a point where the operating costs outweighed the monies it was bringing into the parks. It is normal that if a company is losing money on a product (or ride) they will stop production on that product. Sometimes some of us seem to think and wish that Disney is not a company but some magical land that can and will appease our every wish or desire without any concern for costs.

disney is all about maximizing profits for their product . capitalism core right here. i also think people only feel nostalgic when the ride is gone and they can never ride it again. i doubt they feel same when ride was already operating.

jbeachboy

The only way I can see WDW opening a new 20K is if Disney released a new 20K movie. Obviously.

And if so, the TDS ride system would work great. I was just there last week, and the friend I was riding with thought we were legitimately underwater. I would have thought the same if I didn't know. They did a fantastic job, IMO.

these rides are too costly in maintenance apparently for disney to want to bear. they probably wont have any underwater rides.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
its absurd that you cant open up a discussion thats been inactive, whats with this rule? do they want people to make more threads?
The sites terms and conditions:

6. Do not bump threads unless you have something else to add to the discussion. Additionally, replying to discussions which have been inactive for several months or longer should be avoided unless you have something of value to add.

jbeachboy

The sites terms and conditions:

6. Do not bump threads unless you have something else to add to the discussion. Additionally, replying to discussions which have been inactive for several months or longer should be avoided unless you have something of value to add.

i had something of value to add though.

Goofyernmost

i had something of value to add though.
Not really, all you have done is ask questions that two minutes of research would be able to answer. You have a computer, you have access to the internet otherwise you would not be posting here. The questions are so obvious that anyone with even the slightest interest in Disney parks would already know. They are not view points they are inquiries about things that you can find out on your own. Very few of us have the time to be your research facility. Look this stuff up and stop resurrecting dead posts with childlike questions. It is a value only to you! Share knowledge don't just ask 20 insignificant questions then get upset if someone, for the three thousandth time, has said you shouldn't be doing. And for heavens sake, if your keyboard has a shift key... use it! Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom