Wilderness Lodge

imamouse

I can let you know after Dec 16, but I think it's safe to say that it will be awesome. I am really looking forward to staying at the WL - at Christmas no less! :xmas:

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

The point about being spoiled for other hotels is a good one. But I'd go anyway! You'll LOVE it.

I've stayed at Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean, All-Star Sports and All-Star Music.

While there is a certain charm to the monorail hotels, the theming is absolutely the best at WL!!!

From the time you are 'welcomed home' on arrival, through the huge doors into the cool lobby with the great music and the unbelievable view. To the fireplace, to the spring to the creek to the pool to the restaurants to the dock to the etc. etc. etc.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Mickey Rules said:
There is one HUGE negative about WL that no one has mentioned... It can ruin you for any other hotels or resorts. With the exception of the monirail resorts, I have stayed at almost every on property resort and WL is by far my favorite.

In traveling a lot for business and staying at a few really, really nice resorts I have to say that WL has a presence and ambiance that I have never felt any where else. I can't completly explain it, but by reading some of these other posts, it would appear I am not alone.

And it starts soon after you turn off the main road and see the lodge in the distance. You get the feeling you are out in the middle of the forest. They do a good job of secluding you.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

hakunamatata said:
And it starts soon after you turn off the main road and see the lodge in the distance. You get the feeling you are out in the middle of the forest. They do a good job of secluding you.

And this wonderful feeling of relaxation overcomes you...

I have stayed at the Contemporary, The Polynesian and the Boardwalk Inn as well as the WL and I have not experienced that feeling elsewhere.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
tigsmom said:
And this wonderful feeling of relaxation overcomes you...

I have stayed at the Contemporary, The Polynesian and the Boardwal Inn as well as the WL and I have not experienced that feeling elsewhere.

Yep, Heather and I honeymooned at the WL. We flew into Orlando and stayed at a hotel at the airport that night, then I had a limo pick us up and take us to the Wilderness Lodge. Man, the feeling that you get when you drive up there is like none other at any resorts I have been to. You feel like you are out in the middle of nowhere, and then to top it off, you can take the boats to and from the Contemporary and MK. By far my favorite place to stay.

Upvote 0

goofyman

Mickey Rules said:
There is one HUGE negative about WL that no one has mentioned... It can ruin you for any other hotels or resorts. With the exception of the monirail resorts, I have stayed at almost every on property resort and WL is by far my favorite.

In traveling a lot for business and staying at a few really, really nice resorts I have to say that WL has a presence and ambiance that I have never felt any where else. I can't completly explain it, but by reading some of these other posts, it would appear I am not alone.
I am with you also! This is our fav hotel of anywhere we travel. and we always say lets try a different hotel this year (We are dvc members) but we can't break away from the WL... have a great time eat at Wispering caynons and ask for ketchup and straw :sohappy: s!!!

Upvote 0

Beuford

The Lodge is great. It feels as if you are in Yellowstone Natl Park not Florida. The hot tub near the gym is a great place to relax. The only down side is there tends to be many guests and there is a bit of a wait for transportation, but hey its Disney.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The resort is indeed fabulous, the only thing that spoiled it for me was that on two ocassions Ive heard snooty over dressed beeacchess moaning about sharing a boat with people from the camp ground. Which is odd because Im sure a cabin is more expensive than a room. But then again maybe they had plenty of money but no class.

My good lady found the lack of laundry facilities annoying especially on a two week stay.

Upvote 0

optjay

We've made use of the laundry room a couple times and it worked out fine.
Dozen or so machines and soap available in vending machine.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Pumbas Nakasak said:
The resort is indeed fabulous, the only thing that spoiled it for me was that on two ocassions Ive heard snooty over dressed beeacchess moaning about sharing a boat with people from the camp ground. Which is odd because Im sure a cabin is more expensive than a room. But then again maybe they had plenty of money but no class.

My good lady found the lack of laundry facilities annoying especially on a two week stay.

I have to agree with the laundry thing. There aren't enough machines for the amount of rooms and it seems that there is always at least one washer and a few dryers on the blink. I try to do laundry late in the evening when the kids are showering and getting ready for bed. Its almost always crowded early in the morning and mid afternoon.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

optjay said:
We've made use of the laundry room a couple times and it worked out fine.
Dozen or so machines and soap available in vending machine.

Unless they've upgraded in the last year, there are only 5 washers and 10 dryers. Bringing your own laundry soap is cheaper and always make sure to have a roll or two of quarters. Can't tell you how many times I've gone there and the change machine is empty.

Upvote 0

swimmom

I've done laundry about 1:00 a.m. and only once run into somebody in the laudry room. I always plan on doing the laundry after a late night in the parks and never have any problems.

Upvote 0

Did Knee

That would be my only complaint as well. They need to kick up the laundry facilities a few notches. A larger facility with room to sit down and some more washers/dryers (or just a second laundry room location) would go a long way. By the way, someone else mentioned the music in the lobby. I have to agree....superb! Just don't snuggle into one of the comfy chairs in the lobby with a refillable mug of hot chocolate. You might do what I did and doze off....

Upvote 0

imamouse

Excuse the thread drift, but, laundry? On vacation? At WDW??? :veryconfu I'm surprised to see so many comments on this, and yet, of all the times I've been to WDW, I have never planned to do, nor felt the need to do laundry. I am on vacation after all, and paying a hefty price for my time there, so it always surprises me when I see or hear about people doing laundry while at WDW.

Upvote 0

shmmrname

I've stayed at WL, but it was many years ago. I remember the pool was good, but the arcade was small. The lobby is amazing, and the themeing everywhere is carried through.
Best Part --- Your a boat ride away from MK nightly...

Upvote 0

sleepybear

Did Knee said:
Just don't snuggle into one of the comfy chairs in the lobby with a refillable mug of hot chocolate. You might do what I did and doze off....

Ah, those chairs! After a craptacular flight to Orlando and then a shuttle bus ride to the hotel, nothing felt better than sinking (and you do sink) into one of those chairs while waiting for our room. I could have stayed there a few hours.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom