Wilderness Lodge DVC additions - Copper Creek Villas & Cabins

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Tom

Beta Return
Interesting. The DVC rooms just underwent a refurb. I don't know about the resort rooms, but DPR Construction is a huge company, with an impressive resume. Seems like they'd more likely be undertaking a more grander project, which makes it seem like a major resort/main building refurb.

Tom

Beta Return
Or maybe the River Country resort from the leaked plans. That seems more like a long shot. Either way I'm betting it has something to do with DVC.

Address places the trailer complex at the Lodge, and it references a refurb, which implies a building. Anything done at River Country would impact water management, so we would have seen it filed with SFWMD already.

janoimagine

I was told by a few of the WL Managers on our last trip that portions of South Wing were being converted to DVC rooms (I believe 2 whole floors) which meshed with what 74' was saying. It makes sense considering that as a DVC property the WL Villas have the fewest amount of rooms for any DVC. Even within our window, (the WL Villas are our home resort), the studios and 1 bedrooms fill up very quickly, so it makes sense to expand a little.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Address places the trailer complex at the Lodge, and it references a refurb, which implies a building. Anything done at River Country would impact water management, so we would have seen it filed with SFWMD already.
Makes sense. Probably just a bit of wishful thinking on my part. The plans looked cool and River Country is just sad sitting there rotting.

MermaidJuli

How much would a conversion of rooms to DVC impact WL? If two floors of the south wing were to be converted, will that significantly impact how difficult it is to book a room at WL?

I don't know much about DVC, but WL is my favorite resort (and the current lower prices for this resort compared to other deluxes doesn't hurt). Do you think this would impact availability/pricing of regular rooms at WL?

WDW1974

Could be the conversion of rooms to DVC that @WDW1974 mentioned a while back. Makes sense now that Poly DVC is done. 2 years has to be a lot more than just new carpet and furniture.

I just hate being right so often. I know it will upset some of my biggest fans down under. :D:devilish::)

But I am a bit surprised how long the permit is for. I shudder to think how much this will change my favorite WDW resort (about 150 nights spent there). I do know the project includes whatever they decided to put out over the water (teepees, cabins, wagons, 76 Pintos etc.) and two new concierge lounges (one DVC, one hotel).
But I'd need to check the plans to see what else was being done ... oh, I know a MAJOR redo for Artist Point as well.

I'm scared to death they'll destroy this place (sorry, WDW fanbois who can't get to DLR, but adding a Trader Sam's at the Poly doesn't change the fact the resort has lost most of its character and been Walmarted!), especially since Angie and I now own DVC at the original WLV.

I recall how much I hated the idea of them adding DVC in 2000 to the WL, but they did a magnificent job of integrating it (the best of ANY resort that got a DVC addition).

Like I said, I'm just afraid.

WDW1974

How much would a conversion of rooms to DVC impact WL? If two floors of the south wing were to be converted, will that significantly impact how difficult it is to book a room at WL?

I don't know much about DVC, but WL is my favorite resort (and the current lower prices for this resort compared to other deluxes doesn't hurt). Do you think this would impact availability/pricing of regular rooms at WL?

Yes, it will.

That's the whole point. Making a quick buck off DVC (think of it like a hit from the meth ... I mean pixie dust pipe, sorry thought I was at WDI for a second!) and also making the deluxe rooms capacity drop, so they can continue their insane price increases annually.

I love the place, but in all my stays (and that includes courtyard views and concierge level) I have never paid more than $200 a night with my average price being a lot closer to $130 a night. They can provide me with five fanbois to service me and I'm not paying $400-700 a night to stay there. The fools and rubes can.

MermaidJuli

Yes, it will.

That's the whole point. Making a quick buck off DVC (think of it like a hit from the meth ... I mean pixie dust pipe, sorry thought I was at WDI for a second!) and also making the deluxe rooms capacity drop, so they can continue their insane price increases annually.

I love the place, but in all my stays (and that includes courtyard views and concierge level) I have never paid more than $200 a night with my average price being a lot closer to $130 a night. They can provide me with five fanbois to service me and I'm not paying $400-700 a night to stay there. The fools and rubes can.
Well that is really sad. This resort has been like my sanctuary when I'm staying on site. I'm with you when you say that you're afraid of how this may turn out for WL. :arghh: :cry:

GoofGoof

Premium Member

It depends on how many rooms they convert. In a previous discussion I think we figured out that they need to convert at least about 300 rooms to make it work for DVC. That's just under half the rooms at WL and on par with what they just did at Poly. If you have some time to kill check out this thread:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-spirited-8th-wonder-wdws-future-you.887031/

If you are a fan WL you may want to crack open a bottle of wine first.

MermaidJuli

It depends on how many rooms they convert. In a previous discussion I think we figured out that they need to convert at least about 300 rooms to make it work for DVC. That's just under half the rooms at WL and on par with what they just did at Poly. If you have some time to kill check out this thread:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-spirited-8th-wonder-wdws-future-you.887031/

If you are a fan WL you may want to crack open a bottle of wine first.
I am terrified about clicking on this link..... :grumpy:

Thank you very much, though, for providing more info for me. Once I pour another glass I'll start catching up on my reading.

Tom

Beta Return
I just hate being right so often. I know it will upset some of my biggest fans down under. :D:devilish::)

But I am a bit surprised how long the permit is for. I shudder to think how much this will change my favorite WDW resort (about 150 nights spent there). I do know the project includes whatever they decided to put out over the water (teepees, cabins, wagons, 76 Pintos etc.) and two new concierge lounges (one DVC, one hotel).
But I'd need to check the plans to see what else was being done ... oh, I know a MAJOR redo for Artist Point as well.

I'm scared to death they'll destroy this place (sorry, WDW fanbois who can't get to DLR, but adding a Trader Sam's at the Poly doesn't change the fact the resort has lost most of its character and been Walmarted!), especially since Angie and I now own DVC at the original WLV.

I recall how much I hated the idea of them adding DVC in 2000 to the WL, but they did a magnificent job of integrating it (the best of ANY resort that got a DVC addition).

Like I said, I'm just afraid.

I share your concerns.

I'm also concerned that they're going to pull a Jambo and build undersized villas since they'll just be remodeling resort rooms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom