Wilderness Lodge DVC additions - Copper Creek Villas & Cabins

Jon81uk

Thanks for the pictures. I can't see a reason to not open the pool for over a month from now. Seems very odd.

Lifeguard recruitment possibly? It would need staff to open.
Or just that they want to open at the same time as the boat dock etc? Or noise from the final landscaping and cabin work is seen as not great.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Lifeguard recruitment possibly? It would need staff to open.
Or just that they want to open at the same time as the boat dock etc? Or noise from the final landscaping and cabin work is seen as not great.

Most likely still putting final touches on landscaping, the cabins, etc. I expect a grand opening event a few days before. Who wants to use a pool with fencing still up around the area? Surely folks can wait another month.

ABQ

I like them, really do. Now just waiting for the usual suspects to chime in on how this end table looks like something from Ikea and how that lamp can be found in so and so catalog. Still, on the whole, the kitchen and dining area of the cabins look great in your photos. Love the outdoor fireplaces too.

durangojim

Is Copper Creek the location of the old Wilderness Lodge Villas DVC and Boulder ridge the new studios and villas in the WL itself? We're all rooms/villas redone? We saw the cabins in March and thought they looked awesome! Way better than the Poly bungalows IMO.

Mat Cauthon

I really like them but this porch is a bit baffling to me. Why is it so narrow and the wall so tall? When seated you can only stare at the rock. Or your neighbors I suppose.
ETA I don't even think my legs would fit between the chair and the wall and I'm not a tall guy. You also have to basically climb over one chair to get to the next.
Copper-Creek-Villas-and-Cabins-at-Disneys-Wilderness-Lodge_Full_30479.jpg

ABQ

Is Copper Creek the location of the old Wilderness Lodge Villas DVC and Boulder ridge the new studios and villas in the WL itself? We're all rooms/villas redone? We saw the cabins in March and thought they looked awesome! Way better than the Poly bungalows IMO.
You're sort of flip flopped. Boulder Ridge is the new name for the original WL Villas. Copper Creek is the name for all the new cabins and also includes the remodeled rooms within the original main lodge building. The side closest to the renovated pool.

No Name

Wow, I haven't been following this much at all, but the pictures of those beautiful rooms on the front page of the site caught my attention. And boy, are they beautiful. I personally prefer the lively, open lobby atmosphere (I know, call me weird), especially if it's less expensive. But for people who want a nice, rather secluded place with great views... boy, I think this is a winner.

Photo update as of Tuesday, June 6, 2017. The new pool area is mostly complete, and as posted from last month, is filled with water already. Signs and landscaping are installed. According to cast members, the official opening will be Monday, July 17, with a few soft openings before that date. The entire area is still surrounded by a construction fence.

View attachment 208686

In this close-up, there are several rock wall features with tanks perched on top of the rock, with wooden chutes. Perhaps this will be "waterfall" features, which are protected by the fences to keep guests from getting too close.

View attachment 208687

View attachment 208689

Viewing above the construction fence, a detail of the shelter over one of the pool entrances.

View attachment 208694

The DVC rooms are on the right with the new pool area behind the landscaping and rock wall on the left. This photo taken from the pavement which leads to Geyser Point Grill (behind this photo).

View attachment 208690

Below is one of the pathways leading to the new Copper Creek cabins. See the stone post numbered "8013" for the first cabin. This pathway is from Geyser Point Grille and along the new pool area. The new boat rental building is just to the left of this photo.

View attachment 208692

Here is the re-worked rental boat dock. The area to the right is still being landscaped. The boat rental building is to the right of this photo. Artificial turf has been installed on the left. To the left of this photo is Geyser Point Grille.

View attachment 208691

In other news: The Wilderness Lodge quick service location now under refurbishment should open by end of June. And finally, the original pool bar location is being transformed into a women's salon. Management didn't want to remove this classic building, so it is being repurposed into something that wasn't offered at the Wilderness Lodge. In my opinion, the level of facilities at Wilderness Lodge is becoming more like Animal Kingdom Lodge. (Below photo posted in April 2017.)

View attachment 208695

I just want to say, thank you for your many photo updates throughout WDW. I really appreciate you going out of your way to take these pictures and show us how things are coming along.

Last edited:
I really like them but this porch is a bit baffling to me. Why is it so narrow and the wall so tall? When seated you can only stare at the rock. Or your neighbors I suppose.
ETA I don't even think my legs would fit between the chair and the wall and I'm not a tall guy. You also have to basically climb over one chair to get to the next.
Copper-Creek-Villas-and-Cabins-at-Disneys-Wilderness-Lodge_Full_30479.jpg

I'm super confused by this "balcony" also

Goofnut1980

Each resort becomes nicer and nicer. It makes OKW look kinda basic. They add so many upgrades to these new additions, but don't do it to their older properties.

We love the Poly but only having studios are its downside. We love the two bathrooms though. Makes getting ready easy!

We stayed at the newly refreshed AKV Kidani rooms in May and I can honestly say, it looks terrible. It is super light in color and doesn't feel Disney. Just feels like an Embassy Suites. They took out all of the hidden Mickeys. If you are going to refresh, refresh. Don't just slap paint and carpet and call it a day. Even the tapestry piece that hangs over the bed now looks out of place.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Disney is schizophrenic, On one hand we have the deimagining of multiple resorts to an Ikea all white vibe and then they build these beautiful units that have the theming that resort operations is stripping out of the existing resorts!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom