Wilderness Lodge DVC additions - Copper Creek Villas & Cabins

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Each resort becomes nicer and nicer. It makes OKW look kinda basic. They add so many upgrades to these new additions, but don't do it to their older properties.

We love the Poly but only having studios are its downside. We love the two bathrooms though. Makes getting ready easy!

We stayed at the newly refreshed AKV Kidani rooms in May and I can honestly say, it looks terrible. It is super light in color and doesn't feel Disney. Just feels like an Embassy Suites. They took out all of the hidden Mickeys. If you are going to refresh, refresh. Don't just slap paint and carpet and call it a day. Even the tapestry piece that hangs over the bed now looks out of place.

Being a charter member at Kidani I'm gutted by the changes, It was bad enough when they removed the themed dishware but now the african lodge feel is gone. The rooms feel like any midscale hotel chain now they dont transport you to the feeling you are on safari.

ABQ

Being a charter member at Kidani I'm gutted by the changes, It was bad enough when they removed the themed dishware but now the african lodge feel is gone. The rooms feel like any midscale hotel chain now they dont transport you to the feeling you are on safari.
Have a similar feeling as a "Boulder Ridge" (stupid name) owner, though the latest renovations weren't completely horrid, much of the charm is gone, and now they throw these much nicer places across the way to tease me.

nickys

Premium Member

:bawling: Noooooooooo! We stayed there at Christmas and I loved the theming. Why would they do this?

They've ruined the BCV too from the pictures and walkthroughs I've seen.

Biff215

:bawling: Noooooooooo! We stayed there at Christmas and I loved the theming. Why would they do this?

They've ruined the BCV too from the pictures and walkthroughs I've seen.
Guess it's a matter of opinion. We're huge BCV fans but the old rooms were in bad shape and looking dated. Sure the new theme is different, but it was a huge improvement and much needed IMO. If anything, modern design is more to blame than Disney being cheap or missing the mark.

nickys

Premium Member
If you stayed at kidani this past Christmas then you likely had a refurbished room.

There was still quite a lot of theming. The furniture had the carvings, the border tiles in the bathroom, the curtains and so-on. Certainly it was as I had expected having seen the videos on the all ears site. I'd have loved to have seen them before though if we did have a refurbished room.

peter11435

There was still quite a lot of theming. The furniture had the carvings, the border tiles in the bathroom, the curtains and so-on. Certainly it was as I had expected having seen the videos on the all ears site. I'd have loved to have seen them before though if we did have a refurbished room.
Exactly. The current rooms are still great and nicely themed. Many on here just like to exaggerate. That said there were some things about the old rooms that were preferable. The darker walls for example.

jmuboy

Glad they are keeping the cool architecture of the old pool bar building.

Also - I have to say that - regardless if i agree we needed these cabins - the landscaping looks nice and should grow in well over time.

jmuboy

I like them, really do. Now just waiting for the usual suspects to chime in on how this end table looks like something from Ikea and how that lamp can be found in so and so catalog. Still, on the whole, the kitchen and dining area of the cabins look great in your photos. Love the outdoor fireplaces too.

My only real complaint with these new DVC units - like all the new (or updated ) DVC rooms - there is just too much white. Even a PALE shade of color on an accent wall would go a long way. Plus white just seems so hard to maintain in busy hotel rooms like these.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Thanks for the pictures @wdwmagic! Not being able to tour the cabins or see a mockup of the 3 bedroom, other than a floor plan, for my tour was a disappointment. I'm really excited about the new resort. They've done a great job and I can't wait for my first stay next February for the Princess Half weekend.

As an owner at both Boulder Ridge and Copper Creek, I doubt I'll stay at any other DVC resort now.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Truly surprised to see everyone arguing in favor of "dank and dark" over "clean and modern."

Yeah, me too. While the bureau in the studio is a little interesting, especially the wide variety of drawer sizes, I don't have a problem with the new decor. And to have a choice between a very nice shower and tub/shower combo in the studios is a plus.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Wonder why they didn't include the drop down bed in the studios to make them hold 5?

That pull down bed/table combo in the Boulder Ridge studio was a stupid idea. I'd much rather have a nice dresser and a separate table than have to clear off the table to use the bed. Plus, my table never stayed up when I put any weight on it, so I was never able to use it. If the Copper Creek studios are the same square footage as the old cash rooms, they may not have had the room. Remember, they needed the little kitchenette area to match the other DVC resorts.

Biff215

That pull down bed/table combo in the Boulder Ridge studio was a stupid idea. I'd much rather have a nice dresser and a separate table than have to clear off the table to use the bed. Plus, my table never stayed up when I put any weight on it, so I was never able to use it. If the Copper Creek studios are the same square footage as the old cash rooms, they may not have had the room. Remember, they needed the little kitchenette area to match the other DVC resorts.
We used it at BCV and it worked pretty well. I would also prefer a separate table, but space is the issue. Making the studios accommodate 5 is a big deal for many families. Even for our family of 4, we prefer the extra bed which allows us to separate our kids, making vacation much more enjoyable for everyone! ;)

mm121

Cabins look ok, though more stone on the fronts would have been nice.

Biggest complaint would be cheaping out on the landscaping. these may look good in 5 to 10 years, but right now they just looks weird with the fresh new little trees

theres also not much privacy around those hot tubs, so no skinny dipping

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom