Why WDW For Your Vacation ..

real mad hatter

Good Morning Everyone...As my next trip is 2015 October...My early stages of planning have already begun..However yesterday I attended an outside music fest and bumped into some old friends and we got onto the subject of holidays..So I told them this year we are off to Andalusia in October. But we are excited about 2015 and already planning out our trip..:confused:..That was the look I got from them..Why???..One question they did ask me got me thinking..What is the number 1 reason for going to WDW for a vacation.?Is it for the thrills & spills of the rides.?..Is it for all the choices of restaurants available.?..So after pondering over the question I told them..It's the only destination in the entire world that has everything I could want from a vacation...It can be hectic,yet peaceful..It can bring a tear to my eye,yet make me laugh..It has me up at 6.30 in the morning,and going to bed at midnight..In fact,I swear once I enter the Magic Bubble,it takes years off me..I feel like a kid again..I don't know why,but I do..:geek:..No other destination in the world does this..They kinda laughed at my response,so I apologised for my enthusiasm but it's the way I feel about this magical place..So my question to all you Disney geeks..nerds..whatever we call ourselves..What is your number one reason for returning to WDW for a vacation.?;)

nc_disneyfreak

Its all the reasons you mentioned lol...ill be 33 in November and like you, when I enter that magic bubble, its like 1990 all over again lol, im ten yrs old, right in the time of Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King, and The Little Mermaid. I grew up in California, so we spent a lot of time in Disneyland....a lot of my childhood was spent In that place. We could watch the fireworks during the summer from my grandmas backyard, and hear some rides and people when the wind carried them....I can forget about paying bills, going to work, and all the everyday things of life when we land in Orlando....sure weve only been twice, but its the greatest vacation spot in the world. The parks, the busses, the resorts and restaurants....the looks on our kids faces, the strolling down main street, the dole whips in the hot sun...going to all the countries in epcot... I can go on and on lol

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Good Morning Everyone...As my next trip is 2015 October...My early stages of planning have already begun..However yesterday I attended an outside music fest and bumped into some old friends and we got onto the subject of holidays..So I told them this year we are off to Andalusia in October. But we are excited about 2015 and already planning out our trip..:confused:..That was the look I got from them..Why???..One question they did ask me got me thinking..What is the number 1 reason for going to WDW for a vacation.?Is it for the thrills & spills of the rides.?..Is it for all the choices of restaurants available.?..So after pondering over the question I told them..It's the only destination in the entire world that has everything I could want from a vacation...It can be hectic,yet peaceful..It can bring a tear to my eye,yet make me laugh..It has me up at 6.30 in the morning,and going to bed at midnight..In fact,I swear once I enter the Magic Bubble,it takes years off me..I feel like a kid again..I don't know why,but I do..:geek:..No other destination in the world does this..They kinda laughed at my response,so I apologized for my enthusiasm but it's the way I feel about this magical place..So my question to all you Disney geeks..nerds..whatever we call ourselves..What is your number one reason for returning to WDW for a vacation.?;)

That's another great question - what do we call ourselves?? :) My DH had an "endearing" name he calls me. :) I get asked this question a lot. Why do I love Disney so much? I love going for many of the reasons you mentioned: great food, pools, rides, strolls along the beach or boardwalk, fireworks, etc. But the single biggest reason is that I love going b/c it brings back memories, I make new ones, and I get totally immersed into a magical place that removes you from the real world. Anything I want to do, want to eat, want to experience, its all there at Disney World. :)

Upvote 0

HollyAD

I love Disney because I love the detail they put into everything. I enjoy resort hoping and seeing the different themes. I appreciate creativity and love to see how it all comes to fruition. Disney can take a movie and make it come to life. I also have a son now so I love seeing the magic through his eyes. It's def something that never gets old. I just took him to see Planes and I can't describe the enjoyment I get from him being amazed by the movie. And that was just a movie. Disney is also a convenient vacation. What other places will pick you up at the airport, worry about your luggage, let you pick dinning 180 days in advance, bus you everywhere you need to go, and include that all in one price?

Upvote 0

jw24

Why WDW for more return trips than others? Well, a lot of reasons. I guess the first reason is the feeling of escape from reality. Disney World puts me in the bubble and once I'm inside, I don't think about the real world and real problems. Not too many places do that for me. Secondly, it's easier to plan because I've done it before. When you visit a new place, you're either with a tour group which can sometimes hold you back from doing the things you really want or you have to do everything on your own and do your own research with lodging, hotels, attractions, restaurants, transport, etc. There's also a ton of challenges with visiting a new place. You could easily get lost and run into bad situations beyond your wildest dreams. You could have trouble communicating because not everyone speaks English. (Maybe some do, but there are times they don't speak very well or are not fluent.) With Disney, that's not the case. There are tons of CMs around if you need them. Disney Transport easily gets you from the parks to the hotels. And English is language of communication so no worries there! And third, I always want to experience something different at WDW on each trip. I mean, Disney World is so huge and there are great experiences to enjoy beyond the theme parks! Recreation activities, dining experiences, park tours or even going to all the resorts and photographing them are some of the many activities I've wanted to but couldn't due to time and money. One of these days I will do that because no two trips to WDW are ever alike.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nc_disneyfreak

Why WDW for more return trips than others? Well, a lot of reasons. I guess the first reason is the feeling of escape from reality. Disney World puts me in the bubble and once I'm inside, I don't think about the real world and real problems. Not too many places do that for me. Secondly, it's easier to plan because I've done it before. When you visit a new place, you're either with a tour group which can sometimes hold you back from doing the things you really want or you have to do everything on your own and do your own research with lodging, hotels, attractions, restaurants, transport, etc. There's also a ton of challenges with visiting a new place. You could easily get lost and run into bad situations beyond your wildest dreams. You could have trouble communicating because not everyone speaks English. (Maybe some do, but there are times they don't speak very well or are not fluent.) With Disney, that's not the case. There are tons of CMs around if you need them. Disney Transport easily gets you from the parks to the hotels. And English is language of communication so no worries there! And third, I always want to experience something different at WDW on each trip. I mean, Disney World is so huge and there are great experiences to enjoy beyond the theme parks! Recreation activities, dining experiences, park tours or even going to all the resorts and photographing them are some of the many activities I've wanted to but couldn't due to time and money. One of these days I will do that because no two trips to WDW are ever alike.
well said!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Cause it's the one place where from the moment my vacation starts... I haven't a care in the world.
cartoon_239.gif

Upvote 0

sgtmgd

It's always such a hard question to answer neatly b/c it's multifaceted and entails a number of intangible aspects. It's like being able to nail down answers to pressing questions like...

Why are rainbows pretty? or Why is cheese amazing?

along with such immortal questions like Why is @LuLaSue a Vegan.....or why is there a void of alcohol in New Jersey..or will Episode 7 finally deliver what 4-6 did not?

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

I love the way I feel when I'm at the World. I love the way my family comes together to spend time with each other... And as I quote #real mad hatter.... It can make me cry and laugh and has me up (happily) at 6:30am and staying up until midnight. i just love the atmosphere. Also, I think I have ADD and I love all the activities and sights to see while there... Not to mention all the yummy foods.... And everyone is always in a good mood. It is just more fun (to me) than sitting on the beach all day for 8 days... Just saying.

Upvote 0

jkl2000

I think I got very into the excitement of planning this October return to WDW because WDW seems to offer as much variety and detail as a trip to a European or other destination city might have, yet flying to Orlando costs roughly only 20-30% of what it costs for us to fly to Europe. Next trip will hopefully be a return to Europe, but for now when we have a 4 year old boy, I'd rather the trip be a bit (a wee bit!) simpler, with a shorter flight too. If I'm going to sink almost four grand into just GETTING to a destination, I think I'll wait until he's a couple of years older.

So that's a pretty good reason - as much excitement and fun as a European vacation, with a lot less travel time and cost involved. To be honest, I'm kind of glad I had high airfare to use as an excuse for now! I'm really curious to experience WDW after all the planning!

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Thought I was having Deja Vu.... You asked the same question 2 weeks ago. ;)

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/why-wdw.870344/
That was 2 weeks ago.:eek:.A lot can happen in 2 weeks..:inlove:..Thats like 14 days...or 336 hours..even 1680 minutes...Thats a long time.:jawdrop:...Apart from that I've got short term memory loss which can affect me at any moment..Sorry! What was the question again???:oops:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom