Why only include Six Flags in comparisons?

The Empress Lilly

Six Flags is used as the example of a low-cost, lower-end of the market, local amusement park. What Disney ought not to be.

For example:

'A Circusland consisting of a bare track coaster, clowns, kiddie play area and visible building structures is sooo Six Flags.

mharrington

Original Poster
Cedar Fair is not shy about saying that they operate amusement parks.

Six Flags still claims to be operate theme parks and is in the news more often due often to something negative (bankruptcy, issues at a park, etc.). Unfortunately, many see them as the the bottom of the barrel of theme and amusement parks.

So wait, they think Knott's Berry Farm is only an amusement park, not a theme park?

chrissyw14

Cedar fair is great!

Busch Gardens has great themes

I always have negative experiences with the six flags in jersey, whenever i go there i always complain about how much better Disney is.

all the lines for the rides are outside in the hot sun, no shade, there aren't any shows, they make you pay for everything (you cant take anything on the rides or leave them on the platform you have to buy a two hour locker for every ride.)
you wouldn't even know they had characters because they are rarely out.

ddbowdoin

Six Flags, as a brand, is pretty strategically placed.... they address specific regions of the country that lack such attractions. It's fun for what it is, decent thrill rides... but by no means worth traveling (air travel that is) to... for me, its 1 hr by car and thats the max I'd do for a park full of crap and lack of themes

ddbowdoin

Cedar fair is great!

Busch Gardens has great themes

I always have negative experiences with the six flags in jersey, whenever i go there i always complain about how much better Disney is.

all the lines for the rides are outside in the hot sun, no shade, there aren't any shows, they make you pay for everything (you cant take anything on the rides or leave them on the platform you have to buy a two hour locker for every ride.)
you wouldn't even know they had characters because they are rarely out.

because it's like comparing a Honda Civic with a Rolls... sure, both get you from A to B but one has much more class!

leeannpal

I guess my family is odd. We love WDW, Universal and Six Flags over Georgia. Maybe it is because we just enjoy each park for what we like and don't try to compare:zipit:

If my family were to rank the parks in order it would be this:
1. EPCOT-our all time fave!
2. IOA-love Spidey and HP
3. Animal Kingdom-beautiful park with great theming and safari
4. Six Flags over Georgia-we love the coasters and Bugs Bunny theme
5. Universal-not as cool as IOA but my daughter loves the water play areas
6. Magic Kingdom-I know, sacrilege, but other than a couple of rides, it just isn't a great park to us
7. DHS-we were not impressed overall

mharrington

Original Poster
because it's like comparing a Honda Civic with a Rolls...

Or a Tiffany's (a fancy jewelry store chain) with a Woolworth's (a longtime five-and-dime store chain)? I thought of that comparison from when Paul Terry of Terrytoons compared his animation with Disney's animation the exact same way.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Never said it was a theme park! Just said I liked them and I believe that it is catagorized as an amusement park.

It was just an observation. :wave:

So does that mean Knott's Berry Farm is not a theme park?

Sure it's a theme park...it's themed after a knot! :lol:
Or a Tiffany's (a fancy jewelry store chain) with a Woolworth's (a longtime five-and-dime store chain)? I thought of that comparison from when Paul Terry of Terrytoons compared his animation with Disney's animation the exact same way.

What? Terry thought his animation was a Tiffany's compared to Disney being a Woolworth's? :eek:

chrissyw14

We can compare Disney to Hershey Park!

The whole town is themed to Hershey, and they have a cute 3D show with smells, and that chocolate making ride thats omimover

and they have shows

Walt Disney1955

We can compare Disney to Hershey Park!

The whole town is themed to Hershey, and they have a cute 3D show with smells, and that chocolate making ride thats omimover

and they have shows

I've always been curious about Hersheypark. What is that like? I almost went last summer. I check the map out and it is flooded with rollercoasters by the looks of it, which is fine with me because I have been to Cedar Point and King's Island in the last couple years. But what seperates Hersheypark from the others?

chrissyw14

It has a lot of roller coasters they are fun! they have some roller coasters that are very different from anywhere else even six flags.

They have themed areas the boardwalk area is really cool which is different than cedar point and six flags, they also have like a zoo area, they have a water seal show that was fun

obviously they have really good treats like candy and the candy dresses up like characters,

and then in the Hershey factory part they have this show thats cute its 4D and at the end it smells like chocolate, they have a ride that shows you how they make chocolate, it reminds me of Journey into Imagination, they have a huge candy store where you can get like the freshest candy and products you don't see in the store, you can also make your own candy bar, although we haven't done that.

The town is really cool though the road is painted brown to look like chocolate and the lights are shaped like candy kisses

its a good time [:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom