Why on earth are strollers so expensive to rent?

floridabill

Because they are cheap!!!!

They try every way to nickel and dime you, so they don't have to produce anything new but they still get your money!!!! That way they either break even or make money and don't have to spend any, and that means more for there personal pockets!!!!

erstwo

I'm just wondering because our 3 yr old is quite tall. A cheap stroller will be murder for us to push her in.
:shrug:

We've never bought one, but I've seen them many times - and we were even offered one once! (We were checking in, the mom who offered was checking out, she wanted to give it away.)

The look similar to this one:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3028964

but have the padded (foam) handles instead of the hard plastic ones. They don't offer much shade, but would help keep your 3 year old's feet from getting tired.

melinda525

Best advise I can give you is Orlandostrollerrentals.com Fantastic company drops off your stroller to your hotel room and picks it up when you check out. We are getting a jogger style high end side by side double stroller for 9 days for about $100. The price is cheaper for the single. Much better quality of a stroller and they have sunshades and recline unlike the hard park strollers. If your going to pay you might as well get something nice for the money:)

PixyDust

I personally liked the rental strollers when my kiddos were that age. We brought our own stroller once and decided never again. Carrying a sleeping child AND trying to fold and carry a stroller onto a packed bus at night is no fun.

The Disney strollers hold a LOT of stuff - backpack, popcorn, the second child who needs a break. And when you ride something like the Railroad, you simply drop off at the entrance and get another one when you get off the train. Again, less to fold and carry around. And you pay once and get strollers at all parks you visit that day/week. We always took advantage of the multi day discount.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I like them.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It's Disney's way of trying to educate people on the sins of slothness and to get people walking at an early age to encourage good fitness and fight childhood obesity.

If they charge enough perhaps people will say "The heck with that, they can just walk."

BalooChicago

Best advise I can give you is Orlandostrollerrentals.com Fantastic company drops off your stroller to your hotel room and picks it up when you check out. We are getting a jogger style high end side by side double stroller for 9 days for about $100. The price is cheaper for the single. Much better quality of a stroller and they have sunshades and recline unlike the hard park strollers. If your going to pay you might as well get something nice for the money:)

OSR was some of the best money I've ever spent on a Disney trip. I highly, highly, recommend them.

CamiLyn227

I had three younger siblings by when we first started going regularly - I was only 8 but it was either walk the park or stay in the room. Needless to say, I learned how to walk around the parks.

I was 5 years old when my parents took me to Disney for the first time. I was given a choice to either go to the parks and walk or stay in the room...so I learned to walk around the parks as well. I was so happy to be a Disney World that I didnt care that I had to walk.:lol:

Also, whatever items I wanted to buy while I was at the parks I had to carry myself...it kept me from buying too much.

EvilQueen-T

for me the up side of renting a stroller is when you leave the park you don't have to struggle to get it on/off the disney bus. my granddaughter just turned 6 and we still rent one. she's grown up with it being just her and her dad so she's used to being picked up on a whim (big time daddy's girl). we are also the type of family that goes from park open to end of emh so allowing her the option to ride a while gives her enough stamina that she doesn't get to over tired, no whining, and no asking to be picked up when we're standing in line. but we don't even own one at home anymore.

yekcoh_99

We have a 3 & 4 year old and I can only imagine they will be in a stroller for another 4 to 5 years while at Disney. Orlando Stroller has awesome double strollers that are 1) less than Disney's 2) more comfortable than Disney's 3) fold up so easy 4) have awesome storage so I don't have to carry a back pack and can put about a dozen waters in the bottom of the stroller and @ $3 a bottle thats well worth it 5) when your kids are a sleep after a long day at the parks you have a stroller to use at your resort.
And no I'm not a salesman for Orlando Stroller just can't say enough about their service and strollers

http://www.orlandostrollerrentals.com/

Pioneer Hall

We've never bought one, but I've seen them many times - and we were even offered one once! (We were checking in, the mom who offered was checking out, she wanted to give it away.)

The look similar to this one:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3028964

but have the padded (foam) handles instead of the hard plastic ones. They don't offer much shade, but would help keep your 3 year old's feet from getting tired.

We did this with my sisters stroller many years ago. We had no use for it any more and offered it to a family.

MT Disney Fan

iagree1.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom