Why no ticket system for Disney buses?

natron20

Original Poster
I, like many, become frustrated by extended waits for WDW buses, their overcrowding, etc. Why can't there be a ticketed system for the buses?

Offer tickets to each park/resort every 15 minutes. If you know you have dinner reservations at 6, grab bus tickets that morning for 5. Seems simple. You grab tickets to leave the park on a bus at 5:30 but decide you want to go back at 2? Simple, have a stand by line. You already wait in lines for the bus anyway.

It seems like a decent solution to an issue many seem to have with WDW. I get frustrated when I'm there but it never ruins my fun but it sure would go a long way to increasing my enjoyment.

natron20

Original Poster
^^^^^^^
And your point is?

Hell, they have tickets for attractions and that isn't a dinner reservation either.

invader

^^^^^^^
And your point is?

Hell, they have tickets for attractions and that isn't a dinner reservation either.

You shouldn't have to wait and get a ticket to get from place to place, it's transportation. An attraction is totally different, it serves no purpose except entertainment and education. A bus trip should be able to be spontaneous. Just because you don't want to have to wait in line for a couple of minutes for a bus doesn't mean other should have to wait all day. No offense, but the idea is stupid, flat out. Just because x person got a ticket doesn't mean he should be able to stroll in thirty seconds before the bus leaves and take y person whose stood in line for a good fifteen twenty minutes spot.

~ FD. :wave:

natron20

Original Poster
Ah, so you enjoy waiting in the heat, HOPING that next bus has your resort listed across the front, HOPING you aren't too far back to get on. Got it.

I see your point in being frustrated with the suggestion.

invader

Ah, so you enjoy waiting in the heat, HOPING that next bus has your resort listed across the front, HOPING you aren't too far back to get on. Got it.

I see your point in being frustrated with the suggestion.

No, some of us just aren't lazy and are okay with waiting our turn.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I, like many, become frustrated by extended waits for WDW buses, their overcrowding, etc. Why can't there be a ticketed system for the buses?

Offer tickets to each park/resort every 15 minutes. If you know you have dinner reservations at 6, grab bus tickets that morning for 5. Seems simple. You grab tickets to leave the park on a bus at 5:30 but decide you want to go back at 2? Simple, have a stand by line. You already wait in lines for the bus anyway.

It seems like a decent solution to an issue many seem to have with WDW. I get frustrated when I'm there but it never ruins my fun but it sure would go a long way to increasing my enjoyment.

What does this hope to solve exactly?

All this does is make the system more rigid and less flexible.. which is the opposite of what a transportation system wants. The power of the buses is they can be added/subtracted on demand. A ticket system only hinders that. Nevermind that most people don't want to schedule their time to leave. Nevermind the impact this would have on bus stops.

This is a horrible idea all the way around.

natron20

Original Poster
It could offer relief for those who become frustrated with the current system, such as myself. And why would it be more rigid? If you would not have a reserved spot on the bus there could be the option to wait until those with a ticket boarded then fill in the open spots.

And I'm not saying give 80 tickets for each time, maybe 20 or 30 that way those of us who like to plan can do that and those who would rather wing it also have plenty of opportunity as well.

natron20

Original Poster
There's a difference between people with a potential disability and one who is just too impatient to wait for a bus.

~ FD.

I disagree. If someone has a disability it should not prevent them from waiting their turn (I understand their are exceptions). However, I never intended for this topic to devolve into this age old argument.

I, and I assume others, experience some degree of frustration with the bus system. I was just shooting out an idea that seems like it may help alleviate the problem.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It could offer relief for those who become frustrated with the current system, such as myself. And why would it be more rigid? If you would not have a reserved spot on the bus there could be the option to wait until those with a ticket boarded then fill in the open spots.

And I'm not saying give 80 tickets for each time, maybe 20 or 30 that way those of us who like to plan can do that and those who would rather wing it also have plenty of opportunity as well.

So your premise is to give passes to someone because they said they might show up at a certain time?

This translates to 'Disney should give me a front of the line pass' because I told them I need a bus earlier in the day.

By giving out a pass.. the person expects a bus at that time. This ties Disney down to providing a certain capacity at that time. What do you propose guests offer in garuntee that they will show up at that time?

If it's only for a handful of people - how does this improve the overall system in anyway? It doesn't. It just becomes a 'we don't need to wait in line pass'.

Uncle Lupe

Can we get a call box/button for some of the far flung bus depots at resorts? It does become frustrating when you see bus after bus drive by because they are full from the main depots.

Tom

Beta Return
They could eliminate the frustration that causes people to come up with ideas like this if they would operate their system efficiently. They have a very elaborate computerized dispatch system, yet they still use radios and "guys in white vans" to dispatch and direct buses.

The "Magic in Motion" system has SO much potential. They could actually ensure that buses really do come every 20 minutes (instead of putting one bus on a resort-theme park loop, no matter how bad traffic is, causing 30+ minute waits). They could also utilize cameras and spotters to dispatch or add buses on demand. Everyone's experienced the situation where three buses will come for one resort, while your queue is 6 zig-zags deep for a half hour. That could easily be eliminated if they put a teeny tiny bit of effort into it.

RonAnnArbor

Because Disney doesn't WANT to issue you tickets for the busses -- they want as many people to use them to get anywhere on property that they want to go, and they don't care how many people they cram onto them....

Really, at some point you have to stop and look at the whole system -- it's not about customer convenience -- it's about MAKING MONEY -- i.e., the more people they can get to restaurants, stores, parks, snacks, etc, the more money they make. They aren't going to issue any kind of ticket system to make it LESS convenient to do that....

I don't see this proposed system working at all either. Obtaining a ticket seems like it would be an added hassle and it's not fair to people who decide they need a bus on a whim. Not having the flexibility to be able to just decide to go somewhere else in the World because you don't have a bus ticket is an outrageous thought. The buses might not be running on schedule so having a ticket might not eliminate the wait anyway. I don't see too big of a problem with buses right now to behonest. I can't think of a time I waited more than a twenty minutes to get one a bus, and that's only when I'm leaving a park at closing along with thousands of other people. Believe it or not, on my last trip, my family were the only people on a bus one time. It's just all about timing.

Innkeeper's Club

I highly doubt WDW will ever require anyone to show a ticket when using their Buses. However let's say for whatever reason they decided to make that a policy. Are people then going to want the same thing when going on the Monorail and Boats? So basically I can't see any good coming from this type of idea.

You seem to really dislike the current way of transportation. Why not rent a car? Problem solved.

Exactly what I was thinking. No one is stuffed onto the buses by small guys with giant white gloves on. If you don't like how the system works, don't use it. That is the simple solution. Not handing out tickets which would cause nothing but problems and frustration.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom