Why no ticket system for Disney buses?

tractorm3

I thought this was gonna be that you have to show your room key or tickets to be able to access the busses. Not that you should get a ticket for busses...oh boy. bad idea.

I agree with you sir! I can see that as a valid idea to cut down traffic. just a simple swipe to confirm you are currently staying on property. or have an annual pass.......

invader

I agree with you sir! I can see that as a valid idea to cut down traffic. just a simple swipe to confirm you are currently staying on property. or have an annual pass.......

I could see this working for Day Pass+ actually. Then people would have to have at least paid admission to the parks to ride the bus.

JimJam

People on scooters do it all the time.

THAT MAKES ME SO MAD! I wait for a half hour and they show up two minutes before bus shows and get on immediately taking up 3 seats. AND sometimes they get off of the scooter and sit in another seat. They Should have to wait like everyone else. They irritate me so bad

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
THAT MAKES ME SO MAD! I wait for a half hour and they show up two minutes before bus shows and get on immediately taking up 3 seats. AND sometimes they get off of the scooter and sit in another seat. They Should have to wait like everyone else. They irritate me so bad
Have you ever seen what happens when they are not loaded first?

Tom

Beta Return

You're right, they do need to be loaded first...for everyone's safety more than anything. But I also agree that they should wait their turn, and get behind everyone else in the bus queue.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

With a name that includes "know it all" I would have thought that you would have learned SOME compassion by now.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You're right, they do need to be loaded first...for everyone's safety more than anything. But I also agree that they should wait their turn, and get behind everyone else in the bus queue.
As do I but Disney is in a bit of a no win situation. Loading a scooter/wheelchair on a fully loaded bus with others trying to get on is a complete cluster you know what. On the couple of occasions I have seen it happen it easily doubled or tripled the load time. About the only way that I could see Disney being able to avoid the situation would be to have a scooter/wheelchair only line and bus, which would come with its own set of problems.

Uncle Lupe

Saw this first hand. The bus was loaded and a scooter pulls up and they had to squeeze it on. I was on the back elevated part of the bus safe. Some other riders shins, toes, knees, thighs were sacrificed for the greater good.

chrissyw14

I feel that there should be some sort of wait for the people in the chairs and scooters that come like a minute before the bus comes while everyone is waiting. I get that they need to be loaded first but honestly it really just isn't fair! If they and their family get to the line that will clearly need more than one bus already, they should have to wait for the second bus to come.

I've also seen families ed when the driver tells them only 6 of them are allowed on with the chair, or something like that, stupid.

chrissyw14

I thought this was gonna be that you have to show your room key or tickets to be able to access the busses. Not that you should get a ticket for busses...oh boy. bad idea.

I thought that too! lol, but even that wouldn't make too much sense, they need that at my college (Rutgers) homeless people ride on the buses all the time lol

Tom

Beta Return
As do I but Disney is in a bit of a no win situation. Loading a scooter/wheelchair on a fully loaded bus with others trying to get on is a complete cluster you know what. On the couple of occasions I have seen it happen it easily doubled or tripled the load time. About the only way that I could see Disney being able to avoid the situation would be to have a scooter/wheelchair only line and bus, which would come with its own set of problems.

I've been a longtime proponent of dedicated Accessible buses that run around property. Spotters and drivers can see if a chair or scooter is waiting at a stop, radio it in, and they send a "short bus" to get them. Have 10 of those running around property at any given time. They could even make a "Handicap Queue" at each bus depot, and the short bus picks up a few of them and takes them to their own resorts.

Some would see this as VIP treatment, but I see it as freeing up space on the rest of the buses, preventing the extremely long delays required for loading some of them, and making EVERYONE generally happier.

captainkidd

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I never understood why they don't install a device that reads KTTW cards on buses. You simply scan it when you enter the bus. It wouldn't take that long and it would ensure that anyone using the buses was a Resort guest.

captainkidd

With a name that includes "know it all" I would have thought that you would have learned SOME compassion by now.

Eh, like anything else, there are people that take advantage of the system. We all know that half the people that use ECV's at WDW don't really need them.

chrissyw14

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I never understood why they don't install a device that reads KTTW cards on buses. You simply scan it when you enter the bus. It wouldn't take that long and it would ensure that anyone using the buses was a Resort guest.

the only thing is i always thought guests at the parks could use the buses also whether or not they are resort guests

chrissyw14

I've been a longtime proponent of dedicated Accessible buses that run around property. Spotters and drivers can see if a chair or scooter is waiting at a stop, radio it in, and they send a "short bus" to get them. Have 10 of those running around property at any given time. They could even make a "Handicap Queue" at each bus depot, and the short bus picks up a few of them and takes them to their own resorts.

Some would see this as VIP treatment, but I see it as freeing up space on the rest of the buses, preventing the extremely long delays required for loading some of them, and making EVERYONE generally happier.

I like this idea, at park close and after EMH, even at park opening, people need all the room they can get in the buses and chairs and scooters take up a lot of space! it might even reduce the amount of people who decide they "need" to use them

Rob562

After seeing how slow people can be getting onto the buses and streetcars here in Boston, I know exactly why... (And many of these people already have mag-stripe or RFID fare cards)
Toss in the "Oh wait, it's buried in my purse, I'm sure of it" soccer Moms.... :rolleyes:

-Rob

flynnibus

Premium Member
Disney has no motivation to limit who gets on the bus. Hindering getting on the bus only hurts Disney.

The only area that needs limits are the dtd stations and you could institude a media check at that stop alone.

I feel that there should be some sort of wait for the people in the chairs and scooters that come like a minute before the bus comes while everyone is waiting. I get that they need to be loaded first but honestly it really just isn't fair! If they and their family get to the line that will clearly need more than one bus already, they should have to wait for the second bus to come.

I've also seen families ed when the driver tells them only 6 of them are allowed on with the chair, or something like that, stupid.

Keep in mind that they are loaded first, but they get off last. It kind of evens itself out.

Also, anyone who screams "It is not fair" should thank their lucky stars they are not the ones on the scooter. I've spent a little time pushing a family member around the parks in a wheelchair, and it is not fun at all!

Have people really still not learned that life is not always fair? Have some compassion for those who have physical limitations. It could be you some day.

graphite1326

I, like many, become frustrated by extended waits for WDW buses, their overcrowding, etc. Why can't there be a ticketed system for the buses?

Offer tickets to each park/resort every 15 minutes. If you know you have dinner reservations at 6, grab bus tickets that morning for 5. Seems simple. You grab tickets to leave the park on a bus at 5:30 but decide you want to go back at 2? Simple, have a stand by line. You already wait in lines for the bus anyway.

It seems like a decent solution to an issue many seem to have with WDW. I get frustrated when I'm there but it never ruins my fun but it sure would go a long way to increasing my enjoyment.

I think you mean that a bus will be designated to be there at 5:30 waiting for you to get on even if you are the only passenger. Do you know how many buses that would take?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom